Posted to rec.food.cooking
Christine Dabney Christine Dabney is offline

Default The Holidays are here

On Tue, 30 Oct 2007 20:13:31 -0700, sf wrote:

><Not sure why you'd use bread flour in a quick bread recipe. I'll use
>all purpose>

I wonder what altitude this was based at?

One thing I have learned just recently, is that for many things baked
at higher altitudes, you need a higher gluten flour, than say White
Lily, or cake flour. Otherwise the structure of the baked product
isn't supported without enough gluten in it...and it falls easily.
This was news to me....and it makes sense to me...
Which is why I am wondering if this comes from a higher altitude
baker...

Otherwise, the recipe looks great..and I might try it myself....

What are you baking for the holidays..if anything?

Christine