Posted to alt.food.barbecue
[email protected][_2_] hrbricker@NOSPAMverizon.net[_2_] is offline

Default Cooking chicken on a gas grill

On 25-Oct-2007, Pierre > wrote:

> On Oct 25, 2:14 am, wrote:
> > On Thu, 25 Oct 2007 02:51:56 GMT, "
> >

> > > wrote:

> > ><snippity doo dah>

> Best chicken stocks I've ever made are made using chicken feet. (The
> more ethnic markets have them, as well as some grocery stores. Use
> your right on method from above. Take the feet, roast in the oven in
> a single layer at 325° with some carrots and celery; for 35 mins or
> so, until beginning to turn golden. Add it all to your stock pot
> filled with cold water, careful not to boil.
>
> Makes rich gelatinous stock.
> (Hopefully not too off topic.)
> Pierre

Not off topic at all as far as I'm concerned. It's the little tips and
suggestions that add up over time. Your point about roasting had
been overlooked by myself and others. Thanks for mentioning it.
Much better flavor is developed by the roasting process. I suppose
I should apologize for misspelling "mirepoix", but frankly I don't
give a shit. Interestingly, Google produces 7 hits for articles that
used "mirapoir" as the spelling for a mixture of onions, carrots and
celery.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)