Gregory Gadow

Default Northwest Autumn - Friday - Baked Apples

Vicki Beausoleil wrote:

> Please, keep posting!

Ok, then :-)

> I've saved the recipes and want to eventually run
> them through MasterCook to get the nutritional info. Unfortunately my
> version of MasterCook doesn't have the mushrooms you used in the
> database, so I have to update it using the USDA database. I stopped
> there 'cause I spend so much time reading these groups ;-)
> I still have to work and sleep.

I think that, nutritionally, the crimini mushrooms are the same as the
standard white mushrooms; they might also be listed under "brown mushrooms."
They are about the same size as the white ones, but a bit "meatier", more
flavorful and often the same price.

> The Stuffed Mushrooms and Shallots in Red Wine sauce sound absolutely
> fantastic. I want to try them soon.

The shallots are great, with the warning that 2 cups of wine are about half a
bottle. Either use cheap stuff (don't go with "cooking wine", it tends to have
a lot of added salt) or save them for a festive dinner when you are splurging
anyway. If, like me, you are not a wine drinker, this can be a good way to use
up what you might have left.

> I haven't cooked much for a while
> because I work nights and getting up and cooking a meal is a bummer, but
> I'll be a normal person starting next week (going to day shift) and I'll
> need more recipes so hub and I can eat well.

It might be a good idea, putting together a menu for a quick meal. Stuff that
can be prepared in 30 minutes or made ahead. I'll see what I can find in my
recipe box.

> Thanks again
> As soon as I can I will run these through MasterCook and post some
> nutritional information. It may not be for all, but I'll work on it.

Ah, that would be a big help, thank you.

--
Gregory Gadow

http://www.serv.net/~techbear

"If you make yourself a sheep, the wolves will eat you."
-- Benjamin Franklin