ChefMatisse.com

Default What a Sushi Chef orders when he goes to another sushi bar

When I go eat at someone else's sushi bar I ALWAYS order a Chirashi.
A Chirashi is assorted fish (Cooked AND RAW) maybe a few vegetables
"Scattered" over sushi rice. This is a great way to sample a myriad
of fish attractively served on a bed of Sushi Rice.

Even if a sushi bar does not list Chirashi on their menu, they should
make it for you, if you ask. I have seen that a Chirashi at lunch is
cheaper than at dinner. Same portion, same everything, Just more
expensive at night.

Check out my website and Sushi Guide
http://chefmatisse.com
Sluggo the Flusher

ChefMatisse.com wrote:

> Even if a sushi bar does not list Chirashi on their menu, they should
> make it for you, if you ask.

By the same token, if I go to a new place and ask for a chirashi, my
decision to return is highly influenced by the answer I get. If the
waitstaff doesn't know what it is--often the case--I would expect them to
ask behind the bar. When they do, most of the time the answer is "yes, they
can make that."

If they say right off the bat "No, we don't have that," I probably won't
return--there's a good chance that another waitperson might be more
knowledgable than the first, but it takes another visit to find out, unless
you press the issue...

If they ask behind the bar and return with "No, we don't have that," I sure
as hell won't return!

And yes, I've gotten both answers.

*slug*

werewolf

Sluggo the Flusher > wrote in message >...
> ChefMatisse.com wrote:
>
> > Even if a sushi bar does not list Chirashi on their menu, they should
> > make it for you, if you ask.

> By the same token, if I go to a new place and ask for a chirashi, my
> decision to return is highly influenced by the answer I get. If the
> waitstaff doesn't know what it is--often the case--I would expect them to
> ask behind the bar. When they do, most of the time the answer is "yes, they
> can make that."
>
> If they say right off the bat "No, we don't have that," I probably won't
> return--there's a good chance that another waitperson might be more
> knowledgable than the first, but it takes another visit to find out, unless
> you press the issue...
>
> If they ask behind the bar and return with "No, we don't have that," I sure
> as hell won't return!
>
> And yes, I've gotten both answers.
>

> *slug*

Same here - and generally that's all I ever order - chirashi.

ww

You're eating sushi all wrong! Tokyo sushi chef teaches proper way toeat sushi Travis McGee General Cooking 86 12-09-2015 02:41 AM
Sushi Tutorial for 1st Time Sushi Chef ommilay Sushi 0 19-03-2012 07:27 PM
Looking for Sushi Chef Tien Sushi 1 09-04-2011 02:55 AM
How much does a Sushi chef make ? Darren Sushi 7 03-03-2004 12:25 AM
looking for sushi chef erawan36 Sushi 6 14-02-2004 03:41 PM