Posted to rec.food.preserving

Default Hello & Soda Pop Jelly Recipe

Hello to everyone. I just found this wonderful group. I love making
jelly and jams, but I especially love to make unusual ones. I hope
that some of you might enjoy this recipe. The best I have found so far
is Grape Soda Jelly. My kids love it.

Soda Pop Jelly

4 cups Soda Pop
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1 box Dry Pectin
6 cups Sugar, granulated

Measure soda. Combine soda, lemon juice and pectin in a large saucepan
or kettle. Bring mixture to a rolling boil. Hard boil for 1 minutes.
Hard boil means the point at which the brew still bubbles even when
you stir it. Add sugar and bring back to a hard boil for 2 minutes.

Put in canning jars, seal and boil process for 15 minutes. Remove the
jars from the boiling bath and turn upside down for 5 minutes. Now,
turn them back right side uip and allow to sit overnight. Your jelly
is now ready and has been canned and can be stored for up to a year.

Posted to rec.food.preserving

"Ozark Baby" > wrote in message
> Hello to everyone. I just found this wonderful group. I love making
> jelly and jams, but I especially love to make unusual ones. I hope
> that some of you might enjoy this recipe. The best I have found so far
> is Grape Soda Jelly. My kids love it.
>
> Soda Pop Jelly
>
> 4 cups Soda Pop
> 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
> 1 box Dry Pectin
> 6 cups Sugar, granulated
>
> Measure soda. Combine soda, lemon juice and pectin in a large saucepan
> or kettle. Bring mixture to a rolling boil. Hard boil for 1 minutes.
> Hard boil means the point at which the brew still bubbles even when
> you stir it. Add sugar and bring back to a hard boil for 2 minutes.
>

> Put in canning jars, seal and boil process for 15 minutes. Remove the
> jars from the boiling bath and turn upside down for 5 minutes. Now,
> turn them back right side uip and allow to sit overnight. Your jelly
> is now ready and has been canned and can be stored for up to a year.

Welcome, friend, we look forward to your input.
With the bwb you don't need to do the inversion thing. Does it taste sort
of, well, bubbly? I did a plum jelly one year from not quite dead ripe plums
so the the birds wouldn't get them. I swear it tasted sparkly, kinda like
champagne.
This might be even more interesting as root beer jelly! think of doughnuts
or birthday cake stuffed with same. I can only dream of doughnuts cause of
the calories.
m2cw
Edrena

Posted to rec.food.preserving

On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:09:54 -0600, "The Joneses"
> wrote:

>"Ozark Baby" > wrote in message
.. .
>> Hello to everyone. I just found this wonderful group. I love making
>> jelly and jams, but I especially love to make unusual ones. I hope
>> that some of you might enjoy this recipe. The best I have found so far
>> is Grape Soda Jelly. My kids love it.
>>
>> Soda Pop Jelly
>>
>> 4 cups Soda Pop
>> 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
>> 1 box Dry Pectin
>> 6 cups Sugar, granulated
>>
>> Measure soda. Combine soda, lemon juice and pectin in a large saucepan
>> or kettle. Bring mixture to a rolling boil. Hard boil for 1 minutes.
>> Hard boil means the point at which the brew still bubbles even when
>> you stir it. Add sugar and bring back to a hard boil for 2 minutes.
>>

>> Put in canning jars, seal and boil process for 15 minutes. Remove the
>> jars from the boiling bath and turn upside down for 5 minutes. Now,
>> turn them back right side uip and allow to sit overnight. Your jelly
>> is now ready and has been canned and can be stored for up to a year.
>>

> Welcome, friend, we look forward to your input.
> With the bwb you don't need to do the inversion thing. Does it taste sort
>of, well, bubbly? I did a plum jelly one year from not quite dead ripe plums
>so the the birds wouldn't get them. I swear it tasted sparkly, kinda like
>champagne.

Yes, you can taste the carbonation as an after taste. We love it and
it is quite different.

> This might be even more interesting as root beer jelly! think of doughnuts
>or birthday cake stuffed with same. I can only dream of doughnuts cause of
>the calories.
> m2cw
>Edrena

I have a friend who make root beer jelly. Her family likes that a lot.
We also like cream soda jelly. It is quite different.
Posted to rec.food.preserving

"Ozark Baby" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:09:54 -0600, "The Joneses"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Ozark Baby" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> Hello to everyone. I just found this wonderful group. I love making
>>> jelly and jams, but I especially love to make unusual ones. I hope
>>> that some of you might enjoy this recipe. The best I have found so far
>>> is Grape Soda Jelly. My kids love it.
>>>
>>> Soda Pop Jelly
>>>
>>> 4 cups Soda Pop
>>> 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
>>> 1 box Dry Pectin
>>> 6 cups Sugar, granulated
>>>
>>> Measure soda. Combine soda, lemon juice and pectin in a large saucepan
>>> or kettle. Bring mixture to a rolling boil. Hard boil for 1 minutes.
>>> Hard boil means the point at which the brew still bubbles even when
>>> you stir it. Add sugar and bring back to a hard boil for 2 minutes.
>>>

>>> Put in canning jars, seal and boil process for 15 minutes. Remove the
>>> jars from the boiling bath and turn upside down for 5 minutes. Now,
>>> turn them back right side uip and allow to sit overnight. Your jelly
>>> is now ready and has been canned and can be stored for up to a year.
>>>

>> Welcome, friend, we look forward to your input.
>> With the bwb you don't need to do the inversion thing. Does it taste
>> sort
>>of, well, bubbly? I did a plum jelly one year from not quite dead ripe
>>plums
>>so the the birds wouldn't get them. I swear it tasted sparkly, kinda like
>>champagne.

> Yes, you can taste the carbonation as an after taste. We love it and
> it is quite different.
>
>> This might be even more interesting as root beer jelly! think of
>> doughnuts
>>or birthday cake stuffed with same. I can only dream of doughnuts cause of
>>the calories.
>> m2cw
>>Edrena
>>

> I have a friend who make root beer jelly. Her family likes that a lot.
> We also like cream soda jelly. It is quite different.

years ago there was a poster here who made Mountain Dew jelly.....I bet you
can still find the recipe if you Google it.

I was never curious enough to try making it,

Kathi

My Irish Soda Bread Recipe Janet Wilder[_1_] General Cooking 6 11-03-2013 03:30 PM
Need recipe: Cream of Tom. simple with baking soda Lynn from Fargo General Cooking 5 18-05-2008 05:11 PM
Irish Soda Bread - Looking for a good recipe Dee Randall General Cooking 18 16-03-2006 04:37 AM
Cream Soda Recipe Catmother General 0 09-06-2004 03:57 AM
Recipe For Soda Bread ? Chris Mc 3 Baking 5 02-11-2003 03:06 AM