Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Brownie Blooper

I baked again. Rather than attempt to swirl in the cottage cheese, I
decided to kill two birds with one stone and use up not only the rest of the
cottage cheese but also the cream cheese. This is the recipe that I started
with:

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/rec...ies59539.shtml

I did not have any chocolate so I used the sub of cocoa powder and fat. The
blooper? Not softening the butter that I used as the fat. I do not have a
lot of food processor experience in terms of baking. Mainly when I used it
in the past it was for raw, vegan foods. So... The butter did not fully
process. I had to pull it out and melt it. As you can well imagine, a
little of the batter was stuck to the butter so it may well have cooked a
little. But the batter seemed okay.

I then used the rest of a package of cream cheese (I had taken a small
amount out for use with something else) and mixed an egg in. I then swirled
this in like you could to make a marble cake.

I did have to add about 10 minutes to the bake time.

And I will say again that I hate food processors! Every one that I've had,
had managed to throw tiny bits of food up into places where you don't want
it. This one managed to throw two little bits of batter into the handle.
At least the design of this one is such that they put little drain holes
into the handle so after working on it for a while with the sink sprayer, I
was able to dislodge and flush out the batter. My old food processor wound
up with moldy food deep inside because there was no way to clean it out of
where it went. And the one prior managed to throw food somehow into the
mechanism to where it would stop working. I think this is only the third
time I have used this one so... We'll see.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:43:41 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> And I will say again that I hate food processors! Every one that I've had,
> had managed to throw tiny bits of food up into places where you don't want
> it. This one managed to throw two little bits of batter into the handle.
> At least the design of this one is such that they put little drain holes
> into the handle so after working on it for a while with the sink sprayer, I
> was able to dislodge and flush out the batter. My old food processor wound
> up with moldy food deep inside because there was no way to clean it out of
> where it went. And the one prior managed to throw food somehow into the
> mechanism to where it would stop working. I think this is only the third
> time I have used this one so... We'll see.

None of it is inside the bowl, so it doesn't matter - but you wouldn't
have even that little problem if you used a dishwasher.

--

sf
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 3/31/2015 1:40 PM, sf wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:43:41 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> And I will say again that I hate food processors! Every one that I've had,
>> had managed to throw tiny bits of food up into places where you don't want
>> it. This one managed to throw two little bits of batter into the handle.
>> At least the design of this one is such that they put little drain holes
>> into the handle so after working on it for a while with the sink sprayer, I
>> was able to dislodge and flush out the batter. My old food processor wound
>> up with moldy food deep inside because there was no way to clean it out of
>> where it went. And the one prior managed to throw food somehow into the
>> mechanism to where it would stop working. I think this is only the third
>> time I have used this one so... We'll see.

> None of it is inside the bowl, so it doesn't matter - but you wouldn't
> have even that little problem if you used a dishwasher.

Sometimes she's not wrong.
My old FP never collected crap, and went through the dishwasher with no
problems.
Its replacement, though...the design has the drain holes mentioned
above, but although _plain_ water will drain out, the _dirty_ water
which gets forced in by the dishwasher, always left a residue, and it
was impossible to scrub it out. It may not touch the food, but it looks
disgusting.
The new bowl will NOT be going in the dishwasher!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"sf" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:43:41 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> And I will say again that I hate food processors! Every one that I've
>> had,
>> had managed to throw tiny bits of food up into places where you don't
>> want
>> it. This one managed to throw two little bits of batter into the handle.
>> At least the design of this one is such that they put little drain holes
>> into the handle so after working on it for a while with the sink sprayer,
>> was able to dislodge and flush out the batter. My old food processor
>> wound
>> up with moldy food deep inside because there was no way to clean it out
>> of
>> where it went. And the one prior managed to throw food somehow into the
>> mechanism to where it would stop working. I think this is only the third
>> time I have used this one so... We'll see.

> None of it is inside the bowl, so it doesn't matter - but you wouldn't
> have even that little problem if you used a dishwasher.

I don't think my old food processor was dishwasher safe and the dishwasher
wouldn't have prevented the food or water from getting into where it got.
Nor would it have dried it out of where it was. I also highly doubt that it
would have cleaned out this problem. I had to spray it from exactly the
right angle and that took some doing. I had to do it from the opposite
side.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 14:26:36 -0400, S Viemeister
> wrote:

> On 3/31/2015 1:40 PM, sf wrote:
> > On Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:43:41 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> And I will say again that I hate food processors! Every one that I've had,
> >> had managed to throw tiny bits of food up into places where you don't want
> >> it. This one managed to throw two little bits of batter into the handle.
> >> At least the design of this one is such that they put little drain holes
> >> into the handle so after working on it for a while with the sink sprayer, I
> >> was able to dislodge and flush out the batter. My old food processor wound
> >> up with moldy food deep inside because there was no way to clean it out of
> >> where it went. And the one prior managed to throw food somehow into the
> >> mechanism to where it would stop working. I think this is only the third
> >> time I have used this one so... We'll see.

> > None of it is inside the bowl, so it doesn't matter - but you wouldn't
> > have even that little problem if you used a dishwasher.
> >

> Sometimes she's not wrong.
> My old FP never collected crap, and went through the dishwasher with no
> problems.
> Its replacement, though...the design has the drain holes mentioned
> above, but although _plain_ water will drain out, the _dirty_ water
> which gets forced in by the dishwasher, always left a residue, and it
> was impossible to scrub it out. It may not touch the food, but it looks
> disgusting.
> The new bowl will NOT be going in the dishwasher!

Mine cleans up just fine in the dishwasher, including those parts I
have no idea how the water gets in and out.

--

sf