Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth
Default Uses for Coconut Oil.

(snagged this off FB. Thought maybe some might find it informative)

80 TOTALLY AWESOME USES FOR COCONUT OIL

Be sure to buy organic coconut oil. Most Walmarts carry it on the aisle with the other cooking oils (it's less than $7 at mine), also health stores should have them as well.
Personal Hygiene/Body:

1. Moisturizer – simply scoop some out of the jar and apply all over your body, including neck and face.
2. Eye cream – apply under the eyes to reduce puffiness, bags, and wrinkles. Use on the lids in the evening.
3. Preshave – coconut oil will prep skin for the pending damage caused by shaving.
4. Aftershave – coconut oil will help heal your skin after shaving without clogging pores.
5. Deodorant – coconut oil alone can be used as a deodorant, but even more effective in combination with cornstarch/arrowroot powder and baking soda!
6. Hair Conditioner/Deep Treatment - use as a leave in hair conditioner by applying a teaspoon of coconut oil to your ends and then running your fingers through your hair to distribute the rest! For a deeper treatment, rub in a tablespoon of coconut oil onto your dry scalp and gently work through to the ends. Put a shower cap on to prevent transfer onto bed linens and leave on overnight.
7. Hair Gel/Defrizzer – rub a little between your palms and either scrunch into hair (for curly hair) or finger comb in through from scalp to ends (for wavy/straight hair).
8. Toothpaste – there are numerous recipes out there but I just mix coconut oil and baking soda and dab a little of the mix on my toothbrush.
9. Make up remover – use a cotton swab and a dab of coconut oil and you would be amazed at how well it works!
10. Chapstick – just rub a little into lips and it not only acts as a softening agent but it also has an SPF of about 4 so you get a little protection!
11. Massage Oil – pretty simple; grab some and rub!
12. Lubricant – it is an all natural, perfectly safe personal lubricant. Not compatible with latex!
13. Sunscreen
14. Stretch Mark Cream – coconut oil is great at nourishing damaged skin. It may not be the magic stretch mark cure but it will help.
15. Nipple Cream – works great to nourish cracked, sore, or dry nipples. Apply to a cotton ball and leave on your nipples between feedings.
16. Diaper salve – very comforting on a rashy bum with no harsh chemicals. Also safe for cloth diapers.
17. Cradle cap – having issues with dry skin on your baby’s scalp? Coconut oil will not only nourish your baby’s skin, it also helps eliminate cradle cap. Just rub a teaspoon onto scalp daily.
18. Body scrub – mix coconut oil and sugar together and rub all over! Rinse off and your skin will be super soft! You can add in essential oils if you would like a specific smell.
19. Healing - when applied on scrapes and cuts, coconut oil forms a thin, chemical layer which protects the wound from outside dust, bacteria and virus. Coconut oil speeds up the healing process of bruises by repairing damaged tissues. Plus, it smells a heck-of-a-lot better than anything from the pharmacy.
20. Bug Bites – when applied directly to a bug bite, coconut oil can stop the itching and burning sensation as well as hasten the healing process.
21. Skin problems – coconut oil relieves skin problems such as psoriasis, dermatitis, and eczema.
22. Swimmers Ear – mix garlic oil and coconut oil and put a few drops in affected ear for about 10 minutes. Do this 2-3 times a day and it usually works within one or two days.
General Health and Wellness
23. Stress Relief - relieve mental fatigue by applying coconut oil to the head in a circular, massaging motion. The natural aroma of coconuts is extremely soothing thus helping to lower your stress level.
24. Digestion - the saturated fats in coconut oil have anti-bacterial properties that help control, parasites, and fungi that cause indigestion and other digestion related problems such as irritable bowel syndrome. The fat in coconut oil also aids in the absorption of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, making you healthier all around.
25. Fitness - coconut oil has been proven to stimulate your metabolism, improve thyroid function, and escalate energy levels, all of which help decrease your unwanted fat, while increasing muscle.
26. Nose bleeds - coconut oil can prevent nose bleeding that is caused by sensitivity to weather such as extreme hotness and extreme coldness. This condition happens when the nasal passages become dry because of cold or dry air resulting to burns and cracks in the mucus membranes so bleeding happens. To prevent this just put coconut oil in you nostrils. Coat your finger with coconut oil and then lie down and coat your finger inside your nose. Doing this will strengthen and protect the capillaries in the nasal passages. A Vitamin C supplement will also help prevent nose bleeding.
27. For breastfeeding moms, consuming 3 ½ tablespoons of coconut oil daily will enrich your milk supply.
28. Helps with weight loss & controlling cravings.
29. Helps keep blood sugar levels stable and/or helps with cravings in those with diabetes.
Health Problems (that coconut oil is known for aiding, relieving, or even curing when taken internally)
30. Eczema – in addition to taking it internally, many have success applying it externally, some don't
31. Skin problems
32. Toenail fungus
33. Hot flashes
34. Bleeding hemorrhoids (can also be applied externally twice a day)
35. HIV
36. Head lice
37. Improvements in menstruation regarding pain/cramps and heavy blood flow
38. Migraines (with regular use)
39. Mononucleosis
40. Parasites
41. Thrush
42. Relieve gallbladder pain
43. Has helped some people improve symptoms of an underactive thyroid gland, results have shown subsequent thyroid blood tests becoming normal
44. Energy boost
45. Flaky, dry skin
46. May relieve acid reflux and indigestion when taken with each meal
47. Adrenal fatigue
48. Alzheimers
49. H. pylori
50. Candida albicans
51. Asthma, even in children
52. Autism
53. Cholesterol - improves HDL ('good' cholesterol) to LDL ('bad' cholesterol) ratio in people with high cholesterol
54. Chronic fatigue
55. Circulation/feeling cold all the time
56. Stronger immune system
57. Mental Clarity
58. Depression
59. Helps with inflammation in Crohns
Health Problems (that coconut oil is known for aiding, relieving, or even curing when applied topically)
60. Athletes foot
61. Back pain/sore muscles
62. Canker sores
63. Acne
64. Cellulite
65. Herpes (applied topically and taken internally)
66. Genital warts (through topical application over 6 weeks, and coconut oil enemas twice a day depending on the location of the warts)
67. Circumcision healing – I have read that coconut oil is a really great healer for this.
Cooking
68. Use 1 cup to 1 cup ratio when replacing other oils/butter in recipes with coconut oil.
69. Replacement for butter/lard/Crisco/PAM in it’s solid form – greasing pans, pie crusts, etc.
70. Replacement for various oils in liquid form – baking, cooking, sautéing, etc.
71. Nutritional supplement – melt and add to smoothies.
Other Uses
72. Insect repellent – mix coconut oil with peppermint oil extract and rub it all over exposed skin. Keeps insects off better than anything with Deet! Tons safer too.
73. Great for dogs and cats for general wellness. Just add a teaspoon to their water bowl daily.
74. Goo Gone - just mix equal parts coconut oil and baking soda into a paste. Apply to the “sticky” area and let it set for a minute. Then scrub off with an old toothbrush or the scrubby side of a sponge.
75. Chewing Gum in Hair Remover – just rub some coconut oil over the stuck chewing gum, leave in for about 30 minutes, then roll the gum between your fingertip. Voila! It’s out!
76. Polish Furniture - coconut oil with a little bit of lemon juice to polish wood furniture. However, I recommend you test it first on a very small, unobtrusive part of your furniture to make sure it works the way you’d like.
77. Polishing Bronze - all you have to do is rub a little oil into a cotton towel and then wipe down the statue. It cleans and helps deepen the color of your bronze.
78. Seasoning animal hide drums
79. Seasoning cookware
80. Moisturizing and cleaning leather products
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 23:20:36 +0100, bigwheel
> wrote:

>(snagged this off FB. Thought maybe some might find it informative)
>
>80 TOTALLY AWESOME USES FOR COCONUT OIL

Wait until you discover bi-carb!
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 23:20:36 +0100, bigwheel
> > wrote:
>

>>(snagged this off FB. Thought maybe some might find it informative)
>>
>>80 TOTALLY AWESOME USES FOR COCONUT OIL

> Wait until you discover bi-carb!

Bwahaha!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 20:06:12 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> "Jeßus" > wrote in message
> > On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 23:20:36 +0100, bigwheel
> > > wrote:
> >

> >>(snagged this off FB. Thought maybe some might find it informative)
> >>
> >>80 TOTALLY AWESOME USES FOR COCONUT OIL

> > Wait until you discover bi-carb!

> Bwahaha!

But wait, there's more!
http://www.hybridrastamama.com/2012/...conut-Oil.html

Posted to rec.food.cooking

bigwheel > wrote in
:

> (snagged this off FB. Thought maybe some might find it informative)
>
> 80 TOTALLY AWESOME USES FOR COCONUT OIL
>
> 48. Alzheimers

There is absolutely no proof based on any scientific, peer reviewed study
that coconut oil provides any help or relief from Alzheimer's disease. And
that includes the so called "study" done by Mary Newport that started the
whole idea that it does.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"bigwheel" > wrote in message

> (snagged this off FB. Thought maybe some might find it informative)
>
> 80 TOTALLY AWESOME USES FOR COCONUT OIL

It seems to cause verbal diarrhoea!
Graham

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/22/2013 7:33 AM, graham wrote:
> "bigwheel" > wrote in message
>>
>> (snagged this off FB. Thought maybe some might find it informative)
>>
>> 80 TOTALLY AWESOME USES FOR COCONUT OIL
>>

> It seems to cause verbal diarrhoea!
> Graham

Speaking for yourself that is?
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

It has been shown that folks who use coconut oil have improved spelling skills on complicated words such as diarrhea.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Thanks for the link Tossed it back the interested folks on FB. Guess I best start researching bicarb. Know its good for a lot of stuff too.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 02:47:32 +0100, bigwheel

wrote:
>> -
>>
>> (snagged this off FB. Thought maybe some might find it informative)
>>
>> 80 TOTALLY AWESOME USES FOR COCONUT OIL-
>>
>> Wait until you discover bi-carb! -
>>
>> Bwahaha!
>> -
>> But wait, there's more!

http://www.hybridrastamama.com/2012/...conut-Oil.html

>> --
>> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

>Thanks for the link Tossed it back the interested folks on FB. Guess I
>best start researching bicarb. Know its good for a lot of stuff too.

And apple cider vinegar too
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:
>>> -
>>>
>>> (snagged this off FB. Thought maybe some might find it informative)
>>>
>>> 80 TOTALLY AWESOME USES FOR COCONUT OIL-
>>>
>>> Wait until you discover bi-carb! -
>>>
>>> Bwahaha!
>>> -
>>> But wait, there's more!

http://www.hybridrastamama.com/2012/...conut-Oil.html

>>> --
>>> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.

>>Thanks for the link Tossed it back the interested folks on FB. Guess I
>>best start researching bicarb. Know its good for a lot of stuff too.

> And apple cider vinegar too

I take apple cider vinegar every day too. Apart from any other
consideration I love the taste of it

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote:

http://www.hybridrastamama.com/2012/...conut-Oil.html

>>> Thanks for the link Tossed it back the interested folks on FB. Guess I
>>> best start researching bicarb. Know its good for a lot of stuff too.

>> And apple cider vinegar too

> I take apple cider vinegar every day too. Apart from any other
> consideration I love the taste of it

I worked with a woman who drank a small glass of apple cider vinegar
every day. She claimed it helped her lose weight.

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message

> I worked with a woman who drank a small glass of apple cider vinegar every
> day. She claimed it helped her lose weight.

Wow, did it work? I started taking mine because it was supposed to be good
for cramps I get in my feet at night. It didn't work so I got quinine
instead. I've read it is good for a lot of digestive things, so, because I
like it I keep taking it I'd be interested if anyone knows any real
benefits. It really quenches a thirst.
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/23/2013 8:59 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>
>> I worked with a woman who drank a small glass of apple cider vinegar
>> every
>> day. She claimed it helped her lose weight.

> Wow, did it work? I started taking mine because it was supposed to be good
> for cramps I get in my feet at night. It didn't work so I got quinine
> instead. I've read it is good for a lot of digestive things, so, because I
> like it I keep taking it I'd be interested if anyone knows any real
> benefits. It really quenches a thirst.

I sure didn't notice a dramatic weight loss. Then again, she wasn't
what I'd call obese to begin with. Maybe a little chunky. Perhaps it
acted as a diuretic?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 7/23/2013 8:59 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "jmcquown" > wrote in message
>>
>>> I worked with a woman who drank a small glass of apple cider vinegar
>>> every
>>> day. She claimed it helped her lose weight.

>> Wow, did it work? I started taking mine because it was supposed to be
>> good
>> for cramps I get in my feet at night. It didn't work so I got quinine
>> instead. I've read it is good for a lot of digestive things, so, because
>> like it I keep taking it I'd be interested if anyone knows any real
>> benefits. It really quenches a thirst.

> I sure didn't notice a dramatic weight loss. Then again, she wasn't what
> I'd call obese to begin with. Maybe a little chunky. Perhaps it acted as
> a diuretic?

I don't know Let us see if somebody pops up with info)
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/23/2013 9:31 AM, jmcquown wrote:
> On 7/23/2013 8:59 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "jmcquown" > wrote

>>> I worked with a woman who drank a small glass of apple cider vinegar
>>> every
>>> day. She claimed it helped her lose weight.

>> Wow, did it work? I started taking mine because it was supposed to be
>> good
>> for cramps I get in my feet at night. It didn't work so I got quinine
>> instead. I've read it is good for a lot of digestive things, so,
>> because I
>> like it I keep taking it I'd be interested if anyone knows any real
>> benefits. It really quenches a thirst.

> I sure didn't notice a dramatic weight loss. Then again, she wasn't
> what I'd call obese to begin with. Maybe a little chunky. Perhaps it
> acted as a diuretic?

I've read about vinegar being used for blood sugar control.

nancy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 7/23/2013 9:31 AM, jmcquown wrote:
>> On 7/23/2013 8:59 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>>

>>> "jmcquown" > wrote

>>> Wow, did it work? I started taking mine because it was supposed to be
>>> good
>>> for cramps I get in my feet at night. It didn't work so I got quinine
>>> instead. I've read it is good for a lot of digestive things, so,
>>> because I
>>> like it I keep taking it I'd be interested if anyone knows any real
>>> benefits. It really quenches a thirst.

>> I sure didn't notice a dramatic weight loss. Then again, she wasn't
>> what I'd call obese to begin with. Maybe a little chunky. Perhaps it
>> acted as a diuretic?

> I've read about vinegar being used for blood sugar control.

Interesting! Any idea how it works?

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 7/23/2013 11:00 AM, Ophelia wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>> I've read about vinegar being used for blood sugar control.

> Interesting! Any idea how it works?

I don't know, all I see is it controls high glucose spikes.

Most often I see cider vinegar mentioned, I'm not sure if that's
the recommended type.

Now, how helpful am I? (laugh)

nancy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> On 7/23/2013 11:00 AM, Ophelia wrote:
>>

>> "Nancy Young" > wrote

>>> I've read about vinegar being used for blood sugar control.

>> Interesting! Any idea how it works?

> I don't know, all I see is it controls high glucose spikes.
>
> Most often I see cider vinegar mentioned, I'm not sure if that's
> the recommended type.
>
> Now, how helpful am I? (laugh)

Actually yes At least I have a pointer) I will keep enjoying my daily
swig until I hear different <weg>

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeßus[_3_] View Post
Now no need to preach to the choir on the apple cider vinegar. I like Braggs Orangic Raw Unfiltered with the "Mama"..lol.
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Its very good as a digestive aid. The raw variety..Braggs and several other brands..have more digestive enzymes that some of the high dollar capsules. Also tastes outstanding in any kind of vinaigrette..salad dressing etc. I threw out all my Balsamics when I happened to stumble over the stuff a few years back. Not sure how it can help feet cramps too much but maybe. The health gurus claim the cramps are caused by low hydration. Latest I heard a glass of water at bedtime is helpful. Lot of folks swear its good for weight loss. Most likely is. It is also supposed to be rough on tooth enamel for them who still have teeth. PS..Does anybody know why I have to copy certain nonsensical words before they will let me post on here? Are they doing this to everybody or just me? Thanks.

Last edited by bigwheel : 23-07-2013 at 08:41 PM
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

I use what is called phonics. I aint a good speller but when I see a written word I can tell if some dummy spelled it right..just by lookng at it. No dictionary needed. Are you a bloomin limey or something? Know they spell stuff funny.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"bigwheel" > wrote in message

> 'Ophelia[_9_ Wrote:
>> ;1851347']"jmcquown" wrote in message
>> -
>> I worked with a woman who drank a small glass of apple cider vinegar
>> every
>> day. She claimed it helped her lose weight.-
>>
>> Wow, did it work? I started taking mine because it was supposed to be
>> good
>> for cramps I get in my feet at night. It didn't work so I got quinine
>> instead. I've read it is good for a lot of digestive things, so,
>> because I
>> like it I keep taking it I'd be interested if anyone knows any real
>> benefits. It really quenches a thirst.
>> --
>> --

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

> Its very good as a digestive aid. The raw variety..Braggs and several
> other brands..have more digestive enzymes that some of the high dollar
> capsules. Also tastes outstanding in any kind of vinaigrette..salad
> dressing etc. I threw out all my Balsamics when I happened to stumble
> over the stuff a few years back. Not sure how it can help feet cramps
> too much but maybe. The health gurus claim the cramps are caused by low
> hydration. Latest I heard a glass of water at bedtime is helpful. Lot of
> folks swear its good for weight loss. Most likely is. It is also
> supposed to be rough on tooth enamel for them who still have teeth.
> PS..Does anybody know why I have to copy certain nonsensical words
> before they will let me post on here? Are they doing this to everybody
> or just me? Thanks.

Thanks, I have the cramps covered. I still drink the cider vinegar because
I like it. I visit my dentist regularly so I suppose he will tell me if it
is causing problems.

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 20:38:30 +0100, bigwheel
> wrote:

> 'Ophelia[_9_ Wrote:
> > ;1851347']"jmcquown" wrote in message
> > -
> > I worked with a woman who drank a small glass of apple cider vinegar
> > every
> > day. She claimed it helped her lose weight.-
> >
> > Wow, did it work? I started taking mine because it was supposed to be
> > good
> > for cramps I get in my feet at night. It didn't work so I got quinine
> > instead. I've read it is good for a lot of digestive things, so,
> > because I
> > like it I keep taking it I'd be interested if anyone knows any real
> > benefits. It really quenches a thirst.
> > --
> > --

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

> Its very good as a digestive aid. The raw variety..Braggs and several
> other brands..have more digestive enzymes that some of the high dollar
> capsules. Also tastes outstanding in any kind of vinaigrette..salad
> dressing etc.

I was brought up on cider vinegar and it was the only one in my house
for many years, but I've branched out now.

> I threw out all my Balsamics when I happened to stumble
> over the stuff a few years back. Not sure how it can help feet cramps
> too much but maybe. The health gurus claim the cramps are caused by low
> hydration. Latest I heard a glass of water at bedtime is helpful.

Are you taking a diuretic? That can do it to you.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 13:06:21 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

.. .

wrote:

http://www.hybridrastamama.com/2012/...conut-Oil.html

>>>Thanks for the link Tossed it back the interested folks on FB. Guess I
>>>best start researching bicarb. Know its good for a lot of stuff too.

>> And apple cider vinegar too

>I take apple cider vinegar every day too. Apart from any other
>consideration I love the taste of it

Works really well as a hair conditioner too - as long as you don't
mind the smell which isn't that strong anyway and passes after a few
hours. IMO it actually works better than 'proper' conditioner, which
to me leaves a filmy residue in your hair, which I don't particularly
like.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 23 Jul 2013 20:30:37 +0100, bigwheel

wrote:
>> -
>>
>> (snagged this off FB. Thought maybe some might find it informative)
>>
>> 80 TOTALLY AWESOME USES FOR COCONUT OIL-
>>
>> Wait until you discover bi-carb! -
>>
>> Bwahaha!
>> -
>> But wait, there's more!

http://www.hybridrastamama.com/2012/...conut-Oil.html

>> --
>> Food is an important part of a balanced diet.-
>>
>> Thanks for the link Tossed it back the interested folks on FB. Guess I
>> best start researching bicarb. Know its good for a lot of stuff too.-
>>
>> And apple cider vinegar too

>Now no need to preach to the choir on the apple cider vinegar. I like
>Braggs Orangic Raw Unfiltered with the "Mama"..lol.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 07:58:02 +1000, Jeßus > wrote:

> >I take apple cider vinegar every day too. Apart from any other
> >consideration I love the taste of it

> Works really well as a hair conditioner too - as long as you don't
> mind the smell which isn't that strong anyway and passes after a few
> hours. IMO it actually works better than 'proper' conditioner, which
> to me leaves a filmy residue in your hair, which I don't particularly
> like.

Sound like you don't rinse it out. The purpose of vinegar is to
remove the build up from soap and conditioners, not add more. I used
a vinegar rinse from time to time when I was younger and my hair was
*very* healthy and shiny.

If you need to condition your hair, heat up some olive oil, apply
evenly, leave it on for 10 minutes, then shampoo it out. Done.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message

>>I take apple cider vinegar every day too. Apart from any other
>>consideration I love the taste of it

> Works really well as a hair conditioner too - as long as you don't
> mind the smell which isn't that strong anyway and passes after a few
> hours. IMO it actually works better than 'proper' conditioner, which
> to me leaves a filmy residue in your hair, which I don't particularly
> like.

Yes, I don't use it because of that. Hmm I'll give that a try, thanks)

Ps would any vinegar work or just apple cider?

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 09:13:58 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

> Yes, I don't use it because of that. Hmm I'll give that a try, thanks)

What on earth do you two do to get a residue? Mix equal parts vinegar
and water, shampoo your hair, rinse, pour the vinegar mixture on and
rub it in - finish your shower and rinse it out. No residue.

> Ps would any vinegar work or just apple cider?

Use the most common and cheap vinegar in the cupboard - here, it's
white or cider. It was always cider vinegar at my house. I've never
used malt vinegar in my hair because it's not a common household
vinegar over here so I can't tell you anything about that.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 09:13:58 +0100, "Ophelia"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .

>>>I take apple cider vinegar every day too. Apart from any other
>>>consideration I love the taste of it

>> Works really well as a hair conditioner too - as long as you don't
>> mind the smell which isn't that strong anyway and passes after a few
>> hours. IMO it actually works better than 'proper' conditioner, which
>> to me leaves a filmy residue in your hair, which I don't particularly
>> like.

>Yes, I don't use it because of that. Hmm I'll give that a try, thanks)
>
>Ps would any vinegar work or just apple cider?

As far as I know, it's only apple cider vinegar.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sunday, July 21, 2013 5:20:36 PM UTC-5, bigwheel wrote:
> (snagged this off FB. Thought maybe some might find it informative)
>

> 80 TOTALLY AWESOME USES FOR COCONUT OIL

You left out lubricant for male masturbation and anal intercourse.

> --
>
> bigwheel

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 24 Jul 2013 09:13:58 +0100, "Ophelia"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
. ..

>>> Works really well as a hair conditioner too - as long as you don't
>>> mind the smell which isn't that strong anyway and passes after a few
>>> hours. IMO it actually works better than 'proper' conditioner, which
>>> to me leaves a filmy residue in your hair, which I don't particularly
>>> like.

>>Yes, I don't use it because of that. Hmm I'll give that a try, thanks)
>>
>>Ps would any vinegar work or just apple cider?

> As far as I know, it's only apple cider vinegar.

Thanks I think I will just continue to drink it I don't use
conditioner on my hair anyway so it won't miss it

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 20:06:12 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 23:20:36 +0100, bigwheel
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>(snagged this off FB. Thought maybe some might find it informative)
>>>
>>>80 TOTALLY AWESOME USES FOR COCONUT OIL

>> Wait until you discover bi-carb!

>Bwahaha!

http://www.asheepnomore.net/2013/07/...king-soda.html

1. Make Toothpaste
A paste made from baking soda and a 3 percent hydrogen peroxide
solution can be used as an alternative to commercial non-fluoride
toothpastes. (Or here’s a formula for a minty version.) You can also
just dip your toothbrush with toothpaste into baking soda for an extra
boost.
2. Freshen Your Mouth
Put one teaspoon in half a glass of water, swish, spit and rinse.
Odors are neutralized, not just covered up.
3. Soak Oral Appliance
Soak oral appliances, like retainers, mouthpieces and dentures, in a
solution of 2 teaspoons baking soda dissolved in a glass or small bowl
of warm water. The baking soda loosens food particles and neutralizes
odors to keep appliances fresh. You can also brush appliances clean
using baking soda.
4. Use as a Facial Scrub and Body Exfoliant
Give yourself an invigorating facial and body scrub. Make a paste of 3
parts baking soda to 1 part water. Rub in a gentle circular motion to
exfoliate the skin. Rinse clean. This is gentle enough for daily use.
(For a stronger exfoliant, try one of these great 5 Homemade Sugar
Scrubs.)
5. Skip Harsh Deodorant
Pat baking soda onto your underarms to neutralize body odor.
6. Use as an Antacid
Baking soda is a safe and effective antacid to relieve heartburn, sour
stomach and/or acid indigestion. Refer to baking soda package for
instructions.
7. Treat Insect Bites & Itchy Skin
For insect bites, make a paste out of baking soda and water, and apply
as a salve onto affected skin. To ease the itch, shake some baking
soda into your hand and rub it into damp skin after bath or shower.
For specific tips on bee stings, see Bee Stings: Prevention and
Treatment.
8. Make a Hand Cleanser and Softener
Skip harsh soaps and gently scrub away ground-in dirt and neutralize
odors on hands with a paste of 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water, or
3 parts baking soda to gentle liquid hand soap. Then rinse clean. You
can try this honey and cornmeal scrub for hands too.
9. Help Your Hair
Vinegar is amazing for your hair, but baking soda has its place in the
shower too. Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda into your palm
along with your favorite shampoo. Shampoo as usual and rinse
thoroughly–baking soda helps remove the residue that styling products
leave behind so your hair is cleaner and more manageable.
10. Clean Brushes and Combs
For lustrous hair with more shine, keep brushes and combs clean.
Remove natural oil build-up and hair product residue by soaking combs
and brushes in a solution of 1 teaspoon of baking soda in a small
basin of warm water. Rinse and allow to dry.
11. Make a Bath Soak
Add 1/2 cup of baking soda to your bath to neutralize acids on the
skin and help wash away oil and perspiration, it also makes your skin
feel very soft. Epsom salts are pretty miraculous for the bath too;
read about the health benefits of epsom salt baths.
12. Soothe Your Feet
Dissolve 3 tablespoons of baking soda in a tub of warm water and soak
feet. Gently scrub. You can also make a spa soak for your feet.
13. Make a Surface Soft Scrub
For safe, effective cleaning of bathroom tubs, tile and sinks–even
fiberglass and glossy tiles–sprinkle baking soda lightly on a clean
damp sponge and scrub as usual. Rinse thoroughly and wipe dry. For
extra cleaning power, make a paste with baking soda, course salt and
liquid dish soap—let it sit then scour off.
14. Handwash Dishes and Pots & Pans
Add 2 heaping tablespoons baking soda (along with your regular dish
detergent) to the dish water to help cut grease and foods left on
dishes, pots and pans. For cooked-on foods, let them soak in the
baking soda and detergent with water first, then use dry baking soda
on a clean damp sponge or cloth as a scratchless scouring powder.
Using a dishwasher? Try these energy saving tips.
15. Freshen Sponges
Soak stale-smelling sponges in a strong baking soda solution to get
rid of the mess (4 tablespoons of baking soda dissolved in 1 quart of
warm water). For more thorough disinfecting, use the microwave.
16. Clean the Microwave
Baking soda on a clean damp sponge cleans gently inside and outside
the microwave and never leaves a harsh chemical smell. Rinse well with
water.
17. Polish Silver Flatware
Use a baking soda paste made with 3 parts baking soda to 1 part water.
Rub onto the silver with a clean cloth or sponge. Rinse thoroughly and
dry for shining sterling and silver-plate serving pieces.
18. Clean Coffee and Tea Pots
Remove coffee and tea stains and eliminate bitter off-tastes by
washing mugs and coffee makers in a solution of 1/4 cup baking soda in
1 quart of warm water. For stubborn stains, try soaking overnight in
the baking soda solution and detergent or scrubbing with baking soda
on a clean damp sponge.
19. Clean the Oven
Sprinkle baking soda onto the bottom of the oven. Spray with water to
dampen the baking soda. Let sit overnight. In the morning, scrub,
scoop the baking soda and grime out with a sponge, or vacuum, and
rinse.
20. Clean Floors
Remove dirt and grime (without unwanted scratch marks) from no wax and
tile floors using 1/2 cup baking soda in a bucket of warm water–mop
and rinse clean for a sparkling floor. For scuff marks, use baking
soda on a clean damp sponge, then rinse. Read Natural Floor Cleaning
for more tips on avoiding toxic floor cleaners.
21. Clean Furniture
You can make a homemade lemon furniture polish, or you can clean and
remove marks (even crayon) from walls and painted furniture by
applying baking soda to a damp sponge and rubbing lightly. Wipe off
with a clean, dry cloth.
22. Clean Shower Curtains
Clean and deodorize your vinyl shower curtain by sprinkling baking
soda directly on a clean damp sponge or brush. Scrub the shower
curtain and rinse clean. Hang it up to dry.
23. Boost Your Liquid Laundry Detergent
Give your laundry a boost by adding 1/2 cup of baking soda to your
laundry to make liquid detergent work harder. A better balance of pH
in the wash gets clothes cleaner, fresher and brighter.
24. Gently Clean Baby Clothes
Baby skin requires the most gentle of cleansers, which are
increasingly available, but odor and stain fighters are often harsh.
For tough stains add 1/2 cup of baking soda to your liquid laundry
detergent, or a 1/2 cup in the rinse cycle for deodorization.
25. Clean Cloth Diapers
Dissolve 1/2 cup of baking soda in 2 quarts of water and soak diapers
thoroughly.
26. Clean and Freshen Sports Gear
Use a baking soda solution (4 tablespoons baking soda in 1 quart warm
water) to clean and deodorize smelly sports equipment. Sprinkle baking
soda into golf bags and gym bags to deodorize, clean golf irons
(without scratching them!) with a baking soda paste (3 parts baking
soda to 1 part water) and a brush. Rinse thoroughly.
27. Remove Oil and Grease Stains
Use baking soda to clean up light-duty oil and grease spills on your
garage floor or in your driveway. Sprinkle baking soda on the spot and
scrub with a wet brush.
28. Clean Batteries
Baking soda can be used to neutralize battery acid corrosion on cars,
mowers, etc. because its a mild alkali. Be sure to disconnect the
battery terminals before cleaning. Make a paste of 3 parts baking soda
to 1 part water, apply with a damp cloth to scrub corrosion from the
battery terminal. After cleaning and re-connecting the terminals, wipe
them with petroleum jelly to prevent future corrosion. Please be
careful when working around a battery–they contain a strong acid.
29. Clean Cars
Use baking soda to clean your car lights, chrome, windows, tires,
vinyl seats and floor mats without worrying about unwanted scratch
marks. Use a baking soda solution of 1/4 cup baking soda in 1 quart of
warm water. Apply with a sponge or soft cloth to remove road grime,
tree sap, bugs and tar. For stubborn stains, use baking soda sprinkled
on a damp sponge or soft brush.
30. Deodorize Your Refrigerator
Place an open box in the back of the fridge to neutralize odors.
31. Deodorize the Cutting Board
Sprinkle the cutting board with baking soda, scrub, rinse. For how to
more thoroughly clean your cutting board, see How To Clean Your
Cutting Boards.
32. Deodorize Trashcans
Sprinkle baking soda on the bottom of your trashcan to keep stinky
trash smells at bay.
33. Deodorize Recyclables
Sprinkle baking soda on top as you add to the container. Also, clean
your recyclable container periodically by sprinkling baking soda on a
damp sponge. Wipe clean and rinse. Learn about how to recycle
everything.
34. Deodorize Drains
To deodorize your sink and tub drains, and keep lingering odors from
resurfacing, pour 1/2 cup of baking soda down the drain while running
warm tap water–it will neutralize both acid and basic odors for a
fresh drain. (This a good way to dispose of baking soda that is being
retired from your refrigerator.) Do you know what you’re not supposed
to put down your drains?
35. Deodorize and Clean Dishwashers
Use baking soda to deodorize before you run the dishwasher and then as
a gentle cleanser in the wash cycle.
36. Deodorize Garbage Disposals
To deodorize your disposal, and keep lingering odors from resurfacing,
pour baking soda down the drain while running warm tap water. Baking
soda will neutralize both acid and basic odors for a fresh drain.
37. Deodorize Lunch Boxes
Between uses, place a spill-proof box of baking soda in everyone’s
lunch box to absorb lingering odors. Read bout safe lunch boxes here.

38. Remove Odor From Carpets
Liberally sprinkle baking soda on the carpet. Let set overnight, or as
long as possible (the longer it sets the better it works). Sweep up
the larger amounts of baking soda, and vacuum up the rest. (Note that
your vacuum cleaner bag will get full and heavy.)
39. Remove Odor From Vacuum Cleaners
By using the method above for carpets, you will also deodorize your
vacuum cleaner.
40. Freshen Closets
Place a box on the shelf to keep the closet smelling fresh, then
follow these tips to organize your closet in an eco-friendly way.
41. Deodorizing Cars
Odors settle into car upholstery and carpet, so each time you step in
and sit down, they are released into the air all over again. Eliminate
these odors by sprinkling baking soda directly on fabric car seats and
carpets. Wait 15 minutes (or longer for strong odors) and vacuum up
the baking soda.
42. Deodorize the Cat Box
Cover the bottom of the pan with baking soda, then fill as usual with
litter. To freshen between changes, sprinkle baking soda on top of the
litter after a thorough cleaning. You can also use green tea for this
purpose!
43. Deodorize Pet Bedding
Eliminate odors from your pets bedding by sprinkling liberally with
baking soda, wait 15 minutes (or longer for stronger odors), then
vacuum up.
44. Deodorize Sneakers
Keep odors from spreading in smelly sneakers by shaking baking soda
into them when not in use. Shake out before wearing. When they’re no
longer wearable, make sure to donate your old sneakers.
45. Freshen Linens
Add 1/2 cup of baking soda to the rinse cycle for fresher sheets and
towels. You can also make homemade lavender linen water with this
formula.
46. Deodorize Your Wash
Gym clothes of other odoriferous clothing can be neutralized with a
1/2 cup of baking soda in the rinse cycle.
47. Freshen Stuffed Animals
Keep favorite cuddly toys fresh with a dry shower of baking soda.
Sprinkle baking soda on and let it sit for 15 minutes before brushing
off.
Miscellaneous
48. Camping Cure-all
Baking soda is a must-have for your next camping trip. Its a dish
washer, pot scrubber, hand cleanser, deodorant, toothpaste, fire
extinguisher and many other uses.
49. Extinguish Fires
Baking soda can help in the initial handling of minor grease or
electrical kitchen fires, because when baking soda is heated, it gives
off carbon dioxide, which helps to smother the flames. For small
cooking fires (frying pans, broilers, ovens, grills), turn off the gas
or electricity if you can safely do so. Stand back and throw handfuls
of baking soda at the base of the flame to help put out the fire–and
call the Fire Department just to be safe. (And, you should have a fire
extinguisher on hand anyway, here’s why.
50. Septic Care
Regular use of baking soda in your drains can help keep your septic
system flowing freely. One cup of baking soda per week will help
maintain a favorable pH in your septic tank.
51. Fruit and Vegetable Scrub
Baking soda is the food safe way to clean dirt and residue off fresh
fruit and vegetables. Just sprinkle a little on a clean damp sponge,
scrub and rinse. Here’s another way to clean your vegetables as well.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 20:06:12 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 23:20:36 +0100, bigwheel

>>> Wait until you discover bi-carb!

>>Bwahaha!

> http://www.asheepnomore.net/2013/07/...king-soda.html

Wow, thanks!
-

-
--
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/shop/

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" wrote:

> http://www.asheepnomore.net/2013/07/...king-soda.html

Thanks for the list of uses for baking soda. I knew many but that list had
some uses that I'd never heard of. Good one. It was interesting to read.

G.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default All Weather Furniture

We are one of the leading Importers in India of Rattan, patio and Wicker furniture of indoor and outdoor.

Manufactures and exporter of Wrought iron, cast iron and wooden garden furniture, Lamp post. We are one of the leading Importers in India of Rattan, patio and Wicker furniture of indoor and outdoor.

For more information visit on ->: http://www.lohiaoutdoor.com/
Member

Well said by above folks. It is completely natural oil, Amazing and wonderful gift to us. It use it for everything and every purpose of the body both internally and externally. It is used as a Antioxidant too.