stuffed mini-peppers

Old 26-05-2013, 01:25 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

Default stuffed mini-peppers

I grabbed a bag of those little mini-peppers at the market. The price
was right, and they just look so cute-
http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2011/01...i-peppers.html

I've got the urge to stuff them. [in a vegan way]

My first thought was an umeboshi and tamarind paste mixed with rice--
fry, then serve with a black bean sauce. [inspired by this;
http://www.tastehongkong.com/recipes...hinese-style/?

Then I saw this page and I'm wavering-- spinach, potatoes, cumin,
chili, turmeric, garlic. ..
http://www.spicytreats.net/2011/06/p...t-peppers.html
[a little Mae ploy at the table, perhaps]

Might as well make it really hard for myself to choose-- what other
stuffings have you used?

Jim
Old 26-05-2013, 03:07 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sun, 26 May 2013 08:25:25 -0400, Jim Elbrecht
wrote:

I grabbed a bag of those little mini-peppers at the market. The price
was right, and they just look so cute-
http://www.kalynskitchen.com/2011/01...i-peppers.html

I've got the urge to stuff them. [in a vegan way]

My first thought was an umeboshi and tamarind paste mixed with rice--
fry, then serve with a black bean sauce. [inspired by this;
http://www.tastehongkong.com/recipes...hinese-style/?

Then I saw this page and I'm wavering-- spinach, potatoes, cumin,
chili, turmeric, garlic. ..
http://www.spicytreats.net/2011/06/p...t-peppers.html
[a little Mae ploy at the table, perhaps]

Might as well make it really hard for myself to choose-- what other
stuffings have you used?

I was planning to stuff mine with ricotta and spinach. No recipe - I
will wing it, but an egg will be involved... some tomato sauce, herbs
etc.

Old 26-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Elbrecht View Post
I grabbed a bag of those little mini-peppers at the market. The price
was right, and they just look so cute-
Kalyn's Kitchen®: Kalyn's Kitchen Picks: Sweet Mini-Peppers

I've got the urge to stuff them. [in a vegan way]

My first thought was an umeboshi and tamarind paste mixed with rice--
fry, then serve with a black bean sauce. [inspired by this;
Fried Stuffed Bell Peppers with Homemade Black Bean Sauce, Chinese Style | Hong Kong Food Blog with Recipes, Cooking Tips mostly of Chinese and Asian styles | Taste Hong Kong

Then I saw this page and I'm wavering-- spinach, potatoes, cumin,
chili, turmeric, garlic. ..
Spicy Treats: Potato Spinach Stuffed Sweet Peppers
[a little Mae ploy at the table, perhaps]

Might as well make it really hard for myself to choose-- what other
stuffings have you used?

Jim
Why dont you just eat some of the stuffing and a pepper as in an alternating fashion? Thats how we would handle it in God's Country..Texas of course. Try that. Thanks.
Old 27-05-2013, 09:50 PM posted to rec.food.cooking

I stuffed some sweet mini-peppers with mozzarella cheese, wrapped them in
bacon, and my husband grilled them today. We are enjoying them!

Tara