Mabry

Default Crepes for One

No time, no companion, but breakfast splendidly with 3 small crępes:

1 egg
2 Tbsp. flour + 1/4 tsp. salt
4 Tbsp. heavy cream

(You know the cooking procedure)

-Mabry-

Wayne Boatwright

"Mabry" > wrote in news:OxoJb.231406$J77.154468
@fed1read07:

> No time, no companion, but breakfast splendidly with 3 small crępes:
>
> 1 egg
> 2 Tbsp. flour + 1/4 tsp. salt
> 4 Tbsp. heavy cream
>
> (You know the cooking procedure)
>
> -Mabry-

What did you put in them?
Mabry

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in
message . ..
: "Mabry" > wrote in news:OxoJb.231406$J77.154468
: @fed1read07:
:
: > No time, no companion, but breakfast splendidly with 3 small crępes:
: >
: > 1 egg
: > 2 Tbsp. flour + 1/4 tsp. salt
: > 4 Tbsp. heavy cream
: >
: > (You know the cooking procedure)
: >
: > -Mabry-
: >
: >
: >
:
: What did you put in them?

Actually, homemade raw applesauce. But it's always Dealer's Choice,
depending upon how much time you have and what's in the fridge.

-Mabry-

Wayne Boatwright

"Mabry" > wrote in news:masJb.231448$J77.163539
@fed1read07:

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in
> message . ..
>: "Mabry" > wrote in news:OxoJb.231406$J77.154468
>: @fed1read07:
>:
>: > No time, no companion, but breakfast splendidly with 3 small crępes:
>: >
>: > 1 egg
>: > 2 Tbsp. flour + 1/4 tsp. salt
>: > 4 Tbsp. heavy cream
>: >
>: > (You know the cooking procedure)
>: >
>: > -Mabry-
>: >
>: >
>: >
>:
>: What did you put in them?
>
> Actually, homemade raw applesauce. But it's always Dealer's Choice,
> depending upon how much time you have and what's in the fridge.
>
> -Mabry-

Soundds good! I'm going to try your crepe recipe in the morning. I have
some homemade blackberry jam I think I'll use.

Thanks,
Wayne

LIMEYNO1

I usually use 1% small curd cottage cheese and some strawbaby jam. Yum!

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Mabry" > wrote in news:masJb.231448$J77.163539
> @fed1read07:
>

> > "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in
> > message . ..
> >: "Mabry" > wrote in news:OxoJb.231406$J77.154468
> >: @fed1read07:
> >:
> >: > No time, no companion, but breakfast splendidly with 3 small crępes:
> >: >
> >: > 1 egg
> >: > 2 Tbsp. flour + 1/4 tsp. salt
> >: > 4 Tbsp. heavy cream
> >: >
> >: > (You know the cooking procedure)
> >: >
> >: > -Mabry-
> >: >
> >: >
> >: >
> >:
> >: What did you put in them?
> >
> > Actually, homemade raw applesauce. But it's always Dealer's Choice,
> > depending upon how much time you have and what's in the fridge.
> >
> > -Mabry-

> Soundds good! I'm going to try your crepe recipe in the morning. I have
> some homemade blackberry jam I think I'll use.
>
> Thanks,
> Wayne

Wayne Boatwright

"LIMEYNO1" > wrote in
:

> I usually use 1% small curd cottage cheese and some strawbaby jam.
> Yum!

The strawbaby jam sounds good, but I'd have to substitute sour cream or
maybe mascarpone for the cottage cheese. For me, cottage cheese must
actually be cooked in something...like cheesecake. <G>

Wayne
LIMEYNO1

Oh and I have a great recipe for that too!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Helen's Light Cheesecake

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Family

-----MM BY HELEN PEAGRAM-----
-----CRUST-----
1 c Graham crumbs
1/2 ts Cinnamon
2 tb Margarine, melted
1/3 c Brown sugar
-----FILLING-----
1 1/4 Pound Cottage cheese,
Well
Drained
1/2 c Sugar
2 Eggs
1 t Vanilla
2 tb Cointreau
-----TOPPING-----
1 c Yogurt
2 tb Sugar
1/4 ts Vanilla
10 Inch spring form pan.

Preheat oven to 350.

CRUST: Mix crumbs, margarine, cinnamon and sugar. Press into bottom
of a

FILLING: In processor, blend cheese til smooth. Add sugar OR
equivalent artificial sweetener and blend til smooth. Add eggs then
vanilla and liqueur. Pour over crust. Bake for 30 minutes. Cake will
appear slightly puffed. Do not allow to brown. Remove and let rest
for 5 minutes. Make topping by blending all ingredients. Artificial
sweetener can again replace the sugar if desired. Spoon over cake.
Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool to room temperature and chill over night.
Serve with any fruit topping desired.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 325 Calories; 2g Fat (5.9% calories
from fat); 2g Protein; 72g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 51mg
Cholesterol; 31mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean Meat; 0
Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 4 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

"Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
. ..
> "LIMEYNO1" > wrote in
> :
>
> > I usually use 1% small curd cottage cheese and some strawbaby jam.
> > Yum!

> The strawbaby jam sounds good, but I'd have to substitute sour cream or
> maybe mascarpone for the cottage cheese. For me, cottage cheese must
> actually be cooked in something...like cheesecake. <G>
>
> Wayne

Wayne Boatwright

"LIMEYNO1" > wrote in
:

> Oh and I have a great recipe for that too!
>

> * Exported from MasterCook *
>
> Helen's Light Cheesecake
>
> Recipe By :
> Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
> Categories : Family

> -----MM BY HELEN PEAGRAM-----
> -----CRUST-----
> 1 c Graham crumbs
> 1/2 ts Cinnamon
> 2 tb Margarine, melted
> 1/3 c Brown sugar
> -----FILLING-----
> 1 1/4 Pound Cottage cheese,
> Well
> Drained
> 1/2 c Sugar
> 2 Eggs
> 1 t Vanilla
> 2 tb Cointreau
> -----TOPPING-----
> 1 c Yogurt
> 2 tb Sugar
> 1/4 ts Vanilla
> 10 Inch spring form pan.
>
> Preheat oven to 350.
>
> CRUST: Mix crumbs, margarine, cinnamon and sugar. Press into bottom
> of a
>
> FILLING: In processor, blend cheese til smooth. Add sugar OR
> equivalent artificial sweetener and blend til smooth. Add eggs then
> vanilla and liqueur. Pour over crust. Bake for 30 minutes. Cake will
> appear slightly puffed. Do not allow to brown. Remove and let rest
> for 5 minutes. Make topping by blending all ingredients. Artificial
> sweetener can again replace the sugar if desired. Spoon over cake.
> Bake 5 minutes longer. Cool to room temperature and chill over
> night. Serve with any fruit topping desired.
>

> - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
> - -
>
> Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 325 Calories; 2g Fat (5.9%
> calories from fat); 2g Protein; 72g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber;
> 51mg Cholesterol; 31mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
> Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1/2 Fat; 4 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

Thank you, Helen! This sounds delicious, and definitely low in fat and
lower in calories. I will give this a try.

Wayne
Julia Altshuler

Y'all inspired me. I had some mushrooms in the fridge that I wasn't
sure what I wanted to do with so the crepes reminder came at exactly the
right time.

We still have to work on the heat source or the crepe pan or something
as the crepes came out delicious, but not beautiful. They were
over-brown in spots and a tad undercooked in others.

The filling was onions browned in butter with white, cremini and oyster
mushrooms. I added sherry, nutmeg, dill, havarti cheese and cream, and
reduced it all down.

The last time I had crepes was last summer at a friend's where they were
served with lemon wedges and a small bowl of powdered sugar on the side.
One squeezed and sprinkled to one's own taste.

--Lia

Frogleg

On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 17:03:03 -0800, "Mabry" > wrote:

>No time, no companion, but breakfast splendidly with 3 small crępes:
>
>1 egg
>2 Tbsp. flour + 1/4 tsp. salt
>4 Tbsp. heavy cream
>
>(You know the cooking procedure)

When I do crepes, I do a *lot*. They are like gold in the freezer. Of
*course* one doesn't need a dozen fof breakfast, but as long as you've
got the mixer/blender and pan out, why not make a flock of 'em? There
are a many things that don't lend themselves to single servings, but
crepes are a wonderful resource.

Mabry

"Frogleg" > wrote in message
: On Fri, 2 Jan 2004 17:03:03 -0800, "Mabry" > wrote:
:
: >No time, no companion, but breakfast splendidly with 3 small crępes:
: >
: >1 egg
: >2 Tbsp. flour + 1/4 tsp. salt
: >4 Tbsp. heavy cream
: >
: >(You know the cooking procedure)
:
: When I do crepes, I do a *lot*. They are like gold in the freezer. Of
: *course* one doesn't need a dozen fof breakfast, but as long as you've
: got the mixer/blender and pan out, why not make a flock of 'em? There
: are a many things that don't lend themselves to single servings, but
: crepes are a wonderful resource.

The whole idea of 'For One' is that nothing more than a teacup & fork is
needed to mix ingredients & pour into pan. Fast & Easy/Down & Dirty.

-Mabry-

Frogleg

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 08:37:31 -0800, "Mabry" > wrote:

>"Frogleg" > wrote

>: When I do crepes, I do a *lot*. They are like gold in the freezer. Of
>: *course* one doesn't need a dozen fof breakfast, but as long as you've
>: got the mixer/blender and pan out, why not make a flock of 'em? There
>: are a many things that don't lend themselves to single servings, but
>: crepes are a wonderful resource.
>
>The whole idea of 'For One' is that nothing more than a teacup & fork is
>needed to mix ingredients & pour into pan. Fast & Easy/Down & Dirty.

(I'm assuming "teacup" is understatement -- I wouldn't try and whip up
an egg in a teacup.)

My point was that, once one undertakes to mix batter and set up a pan,
making 3, 12, or 20 is a small matter of time (and tearing up sheets
of waxed paper to put between). Crepes are *very* easy to freeze, and
for your next breakfast, you won't need a teacup, pan, egg, or cream
-- just a few seconds in the m'wave. I mean, there are things that
are highly unsuited to single cooking -- what're you going to do with
leftover Beef Wellington or souffle or green salad? But crepes are so
handy and useful -- don't even take up much space in a freezer
compartment.
Mabry

"Frogleg" > wrote in message
: On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 08:37:31 -0800, "Mabry" > wrote:
:
: >"Frogleg" > wrote
:
: >: When I do crepes, I do a *lot*. They are like gold in the freezer.
Of
: [snippped]
:
: My point was that, once one undertakes to mix batter and set up a pan,
: making 3, 12, or 20 is a small matter of time (and tearing up sheets
: of waxed paper to put between). Crepes are *very* easy to freeze, and
: for your next breakfast, you won't need a teacup, pan, egg, or cream
: -- just a few seconds in the m'wave. I mean, there are things that
: are highly unsuited to single cooking -- what're you going to do with
: leftover Beef Wellington or souffle or green salad? But crepes are so
: handy and useful -- don't even take up much space in a freezer
: compartment.

Of course! Thanks. At the least, one can double the 'For One'
ingredients and freeze the extras with probably no noticeable
expenditure of time. [The overriding principle of, and reason for,
speed is that the contemplation of labor, in excess of some unspecified
amount, too often provokes the response, Mańana, and the food item is
not prepared.]

-Mabry-

Frogleg

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 10:18:22 -0800, "Mabry" > wrote:

>: >"Frogleg" > wrote
>:
>: >: When I do crepes, I do a *lot*. They are like gold in the freezer.

>Of course! Thanks. At the least, one can double the 'For One'
>ingredients and freeze the extras with probably no noticeable
>expenditure of time. [The overriding principle of, and reason for,
>speed is that the contemplation of labor, in excess of some unspecified
>amount, too often provokes the response, Mańana, and the food item is
>not prepared.]

I hear you. :-) That "unspecified amount of labor" is a kicker. I
have the proportions for 1-egg cheese puffs written down somewhere.
While they *can* be frozen, they're best hot out of the oven. And one
egg's worth is *plenty* for a snack.

Crepes Gayle Hodur[_2_] General Cooking 18 22-03-2012 03:17 PM
Crepes? Peppermint Patootie Diabetic 11 05-03-2012 01:27 PM
Crepes Georgette Recipes (moderated) 0 29-01-2006 09:51 PM
Crepes kalanamak General Cooking 6 08-11-2005 09:21 PM
Got Crepes? Martha General Cooking 7 05-06-2005 05:40 PM