substitution all bran / natural bran / bran flakes Q

Old 18-08-2004, 06:39 AM
occupant
Usenet poster

Default substitution all bran / natural bran / bran flakes Q

My bran muffin recipe call for all bran.
I bought bran flakes like corn flakes because that is all I could find.
Now I see there natural bran like a flour that is brown in colour and
there is all bran like little match sticks.

I tried to search google for how to substitute these and didn't find
anything? Any suggestions? Thanks.
Old 18-08-2004, 10:12 AM
hahabogus
Usenet poster

occupant wrote in
:

My bran muffin recipe call for all bran.
I bought bran flakes like corn flakes because that is all I could find.
Now I see there natural bran like a flour that is brown in colour and
there is all bran like little match sticks.

I tried to search google for how to substitute these and didn't find
anything? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Look on the cerial box for website/contact info. Go to their website and
look for a recipe or contact them, they'd have a better idea. If that
doesn't work out just eat the cerial.

--
Last year's nuts must go.
- Michael Odom

Old 18-08-2004, 11:56 AM
jmcquown
Usenet poster

occupant wrote:
My bran muffin recipe call for all bran.
I bought bran flakes like corn flakes because that is all I could
find. Now I see there natural bran like a flour that is brown in
colour and there is all bran like little match sticks.

I tried to search google for how to substitute these and didn't find
anything? Any suggestions? Thanks.

I buy natural wheat bran. It's not a cereal nor flakes. It's bran. The
brand is Hodgson Mill.

http://www.hodgsonmill.com/

You can probably find this at any decent sized grocery store. I've been
using it for years for my bran muffins.

Jill

Old 18-08-2004, 12:44 PM
PENMART01
Usenet poster

"jmcquown" writes:

occupant wrote:
My bran muffin recipe call for all bran.
I bought bran flakes like corn flakes because that is all I could
find. Now I see there natural bran like a flour that is brown in
colour and there is all bran like little match sticks.

I tried to search google for how to substitute these and didn't find
anything? Any suggestions? Thanks.

I buy natural wheat bran. It's not a cereal nor flakes. It's bran. The
brand is Hodgson Mill.

http://www.hodgsonmill.com/

You can probably find this at any decent sized grocery store. I've been
using it for years for my bran muffins.

That's some rough stuff... no wonder you don't gain weight... hehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````

Old 18-08-2004, 01:11 PM
jmcquown
Usenet poster

PENMART01 wrote:
"jmcquown" writes:

occupant wrote:
My bran muffin recipe call for all bran.
I bought bran flakes like corn flakes because that is all I could
find. Now I see there natural bran like a flour that is brown in
colour and there is all bran like little match sticks.

I tried to search google for how to substitute these and didn't find
anything? Any suggestions? Thanks.

I buy natural wheat bran. It's not a cereal nor flakes. It's bran.
The brand is Hodgson Mill.

http://www.hodgsonmill.com/

You can probably find this at any decent sized grocery store. I've
been using it for years for my bran muffins.

That's some rough stuff... no wonder you don't gain weight... hehe

Are you saying you think I should gain weight?! Heh, most women of my age
would be more than happy to... uh, never mind.

It's good stuff, the unprocessed wheat bran. I also use Kretchmer's wheat
germ as a filling in pounded, rolled chicken breast fillets (the wheat germ
mixed with sauteed onion, garlic and suitable herbs in butter, of course),
browned and then finished off with a nice bechamel sauce spooned over the
top. Excellent when served with steamed asparagus. Hae you planted any
asparagus? Takes 5-7 years to yield, from what I understand. Better get
crackin'

Jill

Old 18-08-2004, 01:20 PM
PENMART01
Usenet poster

"jmcquown" writes:

PENMART01 wrote:
"jmcquown" writes:
occupant wrote:
My bran muffin recipe call for all bran.

I buy natural wheat bran. It's not a cereal nor flakes. It's bran.

http://www.hodgsonmill.com/
I've been using it for years for my bran muffins.

That's some rough stuff... no wonder you don't gain weight... hehe

Are you saying you think I should gain weight?! Heh, most women of my age
would be more than happy to... uh, never mind.

Have you planted any
asparagus? Takes 5-7 years to yield, from what I understand.

Better get crackin'

Hmm, that's a hole nether topic. g