jmcquown

PENMART01 wrote:
>> "jmcquown" writes:
>>
>> occupant wrote:
>>> My bran muffin recipe call for all bran.
>>> I bought bran flakes like corn flakes because that is all I could
>>> find. Now I see there natural bran like a flour that is brown in
>>> colour and there is all bran like little match sticks.
>>>
>>> I tried to search google for how to substitute these and didn't find
>>> anything? Any suggestions? Thanks.

>> I buy natural wheat bran. It's not a cereal nor flakes. It's bran.
>> The brand is Hodgson Mill.
>>
>> http://www.hodgsonmill.com/
>>
>> You can probably find this at any decent sized grocery store. I've
>> been using it for years for my bran muffins.

> That's some rough stuff... no wonder you don't gain weight... hehe

Are you saying you think I should gain weight?! Heh, most women of my age
would be more than happy to... uh, never mind.

It's good stuff, the unprocessed wheat bran. I also use Kretchmer's wheat
germ as a filling in pounded, rolled chicken breast fillets (the wheat germ
mixed with sauteed onion, garlic and suitable herbs in butter, of course),
browned and then finished off with a nice bechamel sauce spooned over the
top. Excellent when served with steamed asparagus. Hae you planted any
asparagus? Takes 5-7 years to yield, from what I understand. Better get
crackin'

Jill