occupant

Default substitution all bran / natural bran / bran flakes Q

My bran muffin recipe call for all bran.
I bought bran flakes like corn flakes because that is all I could find.
Now I see there natural bran like a flour that is brown in colour and
there is all bran like little match sticks.

I tried to search google for how to substitute these and didn't find
anything? Any suggestions? Thanks.
hahabogus

occupant > wrote in
:

> My bran muffin recipe call for all bran.
> I bought bran flakes like corn flakes because that is all I could find.
> Now I see there natural bran like a flour that is brown in colour and
> there is all bran like little match sticks.
>
> I tried to search google for how to substitute these and didn't find
> anything? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Look on the cerial box for website/contact info. Go to their website and
look for a recipe or contact them, they'd have a better idea. If that
doesn't work out just eat the cerial.

--
Last year's nuts must go.
- Michael Odom
hahabogus

occupant > wrote in
:

> My bran muffin recipe call for all bran.
> I bought bran flakes like corn flakes because that is all I could find.
> Now I see there natural bran like a flour that is brown in colour and
> there is all bran like little match sticks.
>
> I tried to search google for how to substitute these and didn't find
> anything? Any suggestions? Thanks.

Look on the cerial box for website/contact info. Go to their website and
look for a recipe or contact them, they'd have a better idea. If that
doesn't work out just eat the cerial.

--
Last year's nuts must go.
- Michael Odom
jmcquown

occupant wrote:
> My bran muffin recipe call for all bran.
> I bought bran flakes like corn flakes because that is all I could
> find. Now I see there natural bran like a flour that is brown in
> colour and there is all bran like little match sticks.
>
> I tried to search google for how to substitute these and didn't find
> anything? Any suggestions? Thanks.

I buy natural wheat bran. It's not a cereal nor flakes. It's bran. The
brand is Hodgson Mill.

http://www.hodgsonmill.com/

You can probably find this at any decent sized grocery store. I've been
using it for years for my bran muffins.

Jill

jmcquown

occupant wrote:
> My bran muffin recipe call for all bran.
> I bought bran flakes like corn flakes because that is all I could
> find. Now I see there natural bran like a flour that is brown in
> colour and there is all bran like little match sticks.
>
> I tried to search google for how to substitute these and didn't find
> anything? Any suggestions? Thanks.

I buy natural wheat bran. It's not a cereal nor flakes. It's bran. The
brand is Hodgson Mill.

http://www.hodgsonmill.com/

You can probably find this at any decent sized grocery store. I've been
using it for years for my bran muffins.

Jill

PENMART01

> "jmcquown" writes:
>
>occupant wrote:
>> My bran muffin recipe call for all bran.
>> I bought bran flakes like corn flakes because that is all I could
>> find. Now I see there natural bran like a flour that is brown in
>> colour and there is all bran like little match sticks.
>>
>> I tried to search google for how to substitute these and didn't find
>> anything? Any suggestions? Thanks.

>I buy natural wheat bran. It's not a cereal nor flakes. It's bran. The
>brand is Hodgson Mill.
>
>http://www.hodgsonmill.com/
>
>You can probably find this at any decent sized grocery store. I've been
>using it for years for my bran muffins.

That's some rough stuff... no wonder you don't gain weight... hehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
PENMART01

> "jmcquown" writes:
>
>occupant wrote:
>> My bran muffin recipe call for all bran.
>> I bought bran flakes like corn flakes because that is all I could
>> find. Now I see there natural bran like a flour that is brown in
>> colour and there is all bran like little match sticks.
>>
>> I tried to search google for how to substitute these and didn't find
>> anything? Any suggestions? Thanks.

>I buy natural wheat bran. It's not a cereal nor flakes. It's bran. The
>brand is Hodgson Mill.
>
>http://www.hodgsonmill.com/
>
>You can probably find this at any decent sized grocery store. I've been
>using it for years for my bran muffins.

That's some rough stuff... no wonder you don't gain weight... hehe

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********
Sheldon
````````````
jmcquown

PENMART01 wrote:
>> "jmcquown" writes:
>>
>> occupant wrote:
>>> My bran muffin recipe call for all bran.
>>> I bought bran flakes like corn flakes because that is all I could
>>> find. Now I see there natural bran like a flour that is brown in
>>> colour and there is all bran like little match sticks.
>>>
>>> I tried to search google for how to substitute these and didn't find
>>> anything? Any suggestions? Thanks.

>> I buy natural wheat bran. It's not a cereal nor flakes. It's bran.
>> The brand is Hodgson Mill.
>>
>> http://www.hodgsonmill.com/
>>
>> You can probably find this at any decent sized grocery store. I've
>> been using it for years for my bran muffins.

> That's some rough stuff... no wonder you don't gain weight... hehe

Are you saying you think I should gain weight?! Heh, most women of my age
would be more than happy to... uh, never mind.

It's good stuff, the unprocessed wheat bran. I also use Kretchmer's wheat
germ as a filling in pounded, rolled chicken breast fillets (the wheat germ
mixed with sauteed onion, garlic and suitable herbs in butter, of course),
browned and then finished off with a nice bechamel sauce spooned over the
top. Excellent when served with steamed asparagus. Hae you planted any
asparagus? Takes 5-7 years to yield, from what I understand. Better get
crackin'

Jill

jmcquown

PENMART01 wrote:
>> "jmcquown" writes:
>>
>> occupant wrote:
>>> My bran muffin recipe call for all bran.
>>> I bought bran flakes like corn flakes because that is all I could
>>> find. Now I see there natural bran like a flour that is brown in
>>> colour and there is all bran like little match sticks.
>>>
>>> I tried to search google for how to substitute these and didn't find
>>> anything? Any suggestions? Thanks.

>> I buy natural wheat bran. It's not a cereal nor flakes. It's bran.
>> The brand is Hodgson Mill.
>>
>> http://www.hodgsonmill.com/
>>
>> You can probably find this at any decent sized grocery store. I've
>> been using it for years for my bran muffins.

> That's some rough stuff... no wonder you don't gain weight... hehe

Are you saying you think I should gain weight?! Heh, most women of my age
would be more than happy to... uh, never mind.

It's good stuff, the unprocessed wheat bran. I also use Kretchmer's wheat
germ as a filling in pounded, rolled chicken breast fillets (the wheat germ
mixed with sauteed onion, garlic and suitable herbs in butter, of course),
browned and then finished off with a nice bechamel sauce spooned over the
top. Excellent when served with steamed asparagus. Hae you planted any
asparagus? Takes 5-7 years to yield, from what I understand. Better get
crackin'

Jill

PENMART01

>"jmcquown" writes:
>
>PENMART01 wrote:
>>>
>>> I buy natural wheat bran. It's not a cereal nor flakes. It's bran.
>>>
>>> http://www.hodgsonmill.com/
>>>I've been using it for years for my bran muffins.

>> That's some rough stuff... no wonder you don't gain weight... hehe
>>

>Are you saying you think I should gain weight?! Heh, most women of my age
>would be more than happy to... uh, never mind.
>
>Have you planted any
>asparagus? Takes 5-7 years to yield, from what I understand.
>
>Better get crackin'

Hmm, that's a hole nether topic. <g>

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
*********