Nabisco Brown Edge Wafers

Old 15-11-2003, 09:22 PM
derng
Usenet poster

Default Nabisco Brown Edge Wafers

Does anyone else remember Brown Edge Wafers? They were an excellent cookie
that Nabisco apparently discontinued some years ago. They were a great
cookie that they no doubt replaced with some too sweet sugary concoction
that has probably itself been discontinued since.

Old 17-11-2003, 03:54 PM
TOM KAN PA
Usenet poster

Here they are. Not sort of the brown edge cookies, but exactly the brown edge
cookies.

http://www.silkentent.com/Letters/L010113.html

Old 17-11-2003, 03:59 PM
TOM KAN PA
Usenet poster

According to Nabisco's answer line, the company discontinued Brown Edge Wafers
in August 1996 and has no plans to resume production. Consumers can try to
change that by calling the Nabisco Consumer Center at 800-622-4726 and voicing
their support for the return of their favorite cookie.

Old 28-12-2004, 03:45 AM
[email protected]
Usenet poster

Recently (as of 12/20/2004) I am getting hits to my pieceof 01/13/2001
which mentions brown edge wafers and gives a recipe. I appreciate new
readers, but I want to make clear that the reference to the brown edge
cookies is by way of saying that I once worked very hard at a
complicated recipe that came out tasting exactly like Nabisco brown
edge wafers. The recipe that I give in that essay, however, is for
something else.