Default sad news: my Weber grill was killed today

My beloved 14-yr. old Weber Genesis Jr. gas grill was picked up and
thrown off the deck by 60-mph winds today, tearing off the lid and
otherwise mutilating the poor thing. I'm quite distraught because
this grill has served me very well all these years and is a lovely red
with wonderful redwood shelves. I really thought I would get a lot
more years out of it.

Anyway, I need to replace it really soon because I grill year round.
Where can I get a good price on a Weber Genesis Silver B, under the
usual retail $450? Or is Weber one of those products that just can't
be found at discount prices?

A 2001 thread I found on Google indicates that sales happen at the big
box stores at the end of summer (guess I'm too late for that) and also
in the spring at the Palatine, IL, mfg. plant, a bit far from me. Any
change in that information? FWIW, I'm in Rochester, New York.
J.J. [aka j*ni]

Hark! I heard klschmitz2READTHESIGFILEfrontiernet.net say:

> My beloved 14-yr. old Weber Genesis Jr. gas grill was picked up and
> thrown off the deck by 60-mph winds today,

<snip>

You have my deepest food-related condolences...

--
J.J. ~ mom, gamer, novice cook ~
...fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, yum!
Steve Calvin

wrote:

> My beloved 14-yr. old Weber Genesis Jr. gas grill was picked up and
> thrown off the deck by 60-mph winds today, tearing off the lid and
> otherwise mutilating the poor thing. I'm quite distraught because
> this grill has served me very well all these years and is a lovely red
> with wonderful redwood shelves. I really thought I would get a lot
> more years out of it.
>
> Anyway, I need to replace it really soon because I grill year round.
> Where can I get a good price on a Weber Genesis Silver B, under the
> usual retail $450? Or is Weber one of those products that just can't
> be found at discount prices?
>
> A 2001 thread I found on Google indicates that sales happen at the big
> box stores at the end of summer (guess I'm too late for that) and also
> in the spring at the Palatine, IL, mfg. plant, a bit far from me. Any
> change in that information? FWIW, I'm in Rochester, New York.

Man... bummer. At 14 years old you may be SOL but here's a story of
something that happened to me.

Bought a Weber Silver B a few years ago. Never sent in the warrenty
card. A year or two later some folks wanted to borrow it for a party.
"Hey fine, go ahead". Two guys were loading it onto the back of a
pickup and the lid flopped open (dummies loaded it the wrong way) and
broke the back cast hinges right off.

They felt bad and said they'd fix it. Ok, no problem. I told them that
I'd never sent in the warrenty card. They called Weber, told them the
truth and asked how much it would be to have it fixed.

Weber sent a new lid plus sent someone to put it on at no charge. I
couldn't believe it.

--
Steve

If you look like your passport picture, you probably need the trip.

PENMART01

In article >,
writes:

>My beloved 14-yr. old Weber Genesis Jr. gas grill was picked up and
>thrown off the deck by 60-mph winds today, tearing off the lid and
>otherwise mutilating the poor thing. I'm quite distraught because
>this grill has served me very well all these years and is a lovely red
>with wonderful redwood shelves. I really thought I would get a lot
>more years out of it.
>
>Anyway, I need to replace it really soon because I grill year round.
>Where can I get a good price on a Weber Genesis Silver B, under the
>usual retail $450? Or is Weber one of those products that just can't
>be found at discount prices?
>
>A 2001 thread I found on Google indicates that sales happen at the big
>box stores at the end of summer (guess I'm too late for that) and also
>in the spring at the Palatine, IL, mfg. plant, a bit far from me. Any
>change in that information? FWIW, I'm in Rochester, New York.

Pre-hoilday time is probably the second worst time of year for finding sales on
grills, late spring/early summer being the worst... and the large stores that
typically carry them don't this time of year... I'd think you're pretty much at
the mercy of the small retailers, unless you can locate a source on the net,
have you searched?

Anyway, thanks for reminding me about the wind... since I moved my Weber is
much more exposed, I will be out first thing tomorrow morning weighing it down,
I think a couple of heavy patio stones on the lower shelf should do the trick..

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Mark Shaw

Steve Calvin > wrote:
> They felt bad and said they'd fix it. Ok, no problem. I told them that
> I'd never sent in the warrenty card. They called Weber, told them the
> truth and asked how much it would be to have it fixed.

> Weber sent a new lid plus sent someone to put it on at no charge. I
> couldn't believe it.

Weber is damn good at customer service. I had the igniter go out
on me shortly after I bought my grill -- I called them and an
actual HUMAN answered after the FIRST RING. You coulda knocked
me over with a chicken wing. Plus, the guy knew about the problem
right away (apparently their supplier had sent them a bad batch
of igniters), and sent me a new one immediately -- he didn't even
want the defective one back.

--
Mark Shaw anti-spam: change 'bang' to 'not' to email me
"This time I think the Americans are serious. Bush is not like Clinton.
Sandy n ne

My condolences on the loss of your grill. Just a thought-check your homeowners
insurance policy-you may find that it is covered under your policy.

Sandra

cynthia mason

There are a couple on ebay. You can buy them new from many places.
Just put Weber Genesis in your search.

Jack Schidt®

> wrote in message
> My beloved 14-yr. old Weber Genesis Jr. gas grill was picked up and
> thrown off the deck by 60-mph winds today, tearing off the lid and
> otherwise mutilating the poor thing. I'm quite distraught because
> this grill has served me very well all these years and is a lovely red
> with wonderful redwood shelves. I really thought I would get a lot
> more years out of it.
>
> Anyway, I need to replace it really soon because I grill year round.
> Where can I get a good price on a Weber Genesis Silver B, under the
> usual retail $450? Or is Weber one of those products that just can't
> be found at discount prices?
>
> A 2001 thread I found on Google indicates that sales happen at the big
> box stores at the end of summer (guess I'm too late for that) and also
> in the spring at the Palatine, IL, mfg. plant, a bit far from me. Any
> change in that information? FWIW, I'm in Rochester, New York.

Heartbreaking tale, yes, but 14 years is a pretty good run, so dry your
eyes.

But, get out the crying towel again, because this is a lousy time of year to
find a 'deal' on a gas grill in a store, if you can find a grill at all.
Better luck finding a talking santa claus.

That said, search the net (if you haven't) or try Ebay.

Or buy a ceramic Kamado. The #7 weighs 400 lbs and if it blows off of a
deck, you have more serious problems than just losing a grill.

Jack Tears

A.T. Hagan

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 03:46:44 +0000 (UTC), Mark Shaw
> wrote:

>Steve Calvin > wrote:
>> They felt bad and said they'd fix it. Ok, no problem. I told them that
>> I'd never sent in the warrenty card. They called Weber, told them the
>> truth and asked how much it would be to have it fixed.

>> Weber sent a new lid plus sent someone to put it on at no charge. I
>> couldn't believe it.

>Weber is damn good at customer service. I had the igniter go out
>on me shortly after I bought my grill -- I called them and an
>actual HUMAN answered after the FIRST RING. You coulda knocked
>me over with a chicken wing. Plus, the guy knew about the problem
>right away (apparently their supplier had sent them a bad batch
>of igniters), and sent me a new one immediately -- he didn't even
>want the defective one back.

Customer service like that is how you build a fanatically loyal
customer base. Too bad more companies don't do it.

......Alan.

--
Curiosity killed the cat -
lack of it is killing mankind.

Dimitri

> wrote in message
> My beloved 14-yr. old Weber Genesis Jr. gas grill was picked up and
> thrown off the deck by 60-mph winds today, tearing off the lid and
> otherwise mutilating the poor thing. I'm quite distraught because
> this grill has served me very well all these years and is a lovely red
> with wonderful redwood shelves. I really thought I would get a lot
> more years out of it.
>
> Anyway, I need to replace it really soon because I grill year round.
> Where can I get a good price on a Weber Genesis Silver B, under the
> usual retail $450? Or is Weber one of those products that just can't
> be found at discount prices?

Check around or call any of the local home improvement centers like Home
Depot or Lowes.

This time of year they are closing out or reducing their inventory of
grills and the like. Good bargains can be had at this time of the year.

They need the floor space for the gas log season.

A little driving could save you some bucks.

Dimitri

Jack Schidt®

"Dimitri" > wrote in message
om...

> > wrote in message
> > My beloved 14-yr. old Weber Genesis Jr. gas grill was picked up and
> > thrown off the deck by 60-mph winds today, tearing off the lid and
> > otherwise mutilating the poor thing. I'm quite distraught because
> > this grill has served me very well all these years and is a lovely red
> > with wonderful redwood shelves. I really thought I would get a lot
> > more years out of it.
> >
> > Anyway, I need to replace it really soon because I grill year round.
> > Where can I get a good price on a Weber Genesis Silver B, under the
> > usual retail $450? Or is Weber one of those products that just can't
> > be found at discount prices?

> Check around or call any of the local home improvement centers like Home
> Depot or Lowes.
>
> This time of year they are closing out or reducing their inventory of
> grills and the like. Good bargains can be had at this time of the year.
>
> They need the floor space for the gas log season.
>
> A little driving could save you some bucks.
>
> Dimitri

Dude, he's in Rochester, NY. The grills are most likely long gone and gas
logs are considered comedy.

Jack Geo

Nancy Young

"Jack Schidt®" wrote:

> "Dimitri" > wrote in message

> > This time of year they are closing out or reducing their inventory of
> > grills and the like. Good bargains can be had at this time of the year.
> >
> > They need the floor space for the gas log season.
> >
> > A little driving could save you some bucks.

> Dude, he's in Rochester, NY. The grills are most likely long gone and gas
> logs are considered comedy.

(laughing) That's what I was thinking, Dimitri lives in Southern
California, but closing out the grill selling season is like ...
August, here. Definitely not the middle of November.

(no offense meant to Dimitri at all, it was just kinda funny)

nancy
Dimitri

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> "Jack Schidt®" wrote:
> >
> > "Dimitri" > wrote in message

> > > This time of year they are closing out or reducing their inventory of
> > > grills and the like. Good bargains can be had at this time of the

year.

> > > They need the floor space for the gas log season.
> > >
> > > A little driving could save you some bucks.

> > Dude, he's in Rochester, NY. The grills are most likely long gone and

gas
> > logs are considered comedy.

> (laughing) That's what I was thinking, Dimitri lives in Southern
> California, but closing out the grill selling season is like ...
> August, here. Definitely not the middle of November.
>
> (no offense meant to Dimitri at all, it was just kinda funny)
>
> nancy

None taken.....

Dimitri

Jack Schidt®

"Nancy Young" > wrote in message
> "Jack Schidt®" wrote:
> >
> > "Dimitri" > wrote in message

> > > This time of year they are closing out or reducing their inventory of
> > > grills and the like. Good bargains can be had at this time of the

year.

> > > They need the floor space for the gas log season.
> > >
> > > A little driving could save you some bucks.

> > Dude, he's in Rochester, NY. The grills are most likely long gone and

gas
> > logs are considered comedy.

> (laughing) That's what I was thinking, Dimitri lives in Southern
> California, but closing out the grill selling season is like ...
> August, here. Definitely not the middle of November.
>
> (no offense meant to Dimitri at all, it was just kinda funny)
>
> nancy

Yeah, same here, just cracked me up. They had the santa up and around 2
weeks after labor day around here.

Jack Overholidazed

Margaret Suran

"Jack Schidt®" wrote:

> "Nancy Young" > wrote in message

> year.

> > > Dude, he's in Rochester, NY. The grills are most likely long gone and

> gas
> > > logs are considered comedy.

> > (laughing) That's what I was thinking, Dimitri lives in Southern
> > California, but closing out the grill selling season is like ...
> > August, here. Definitely not the middle of November.
> >
> > (no offense meant to Dimitri at all, it was just kinda funny)
> >
> > nancy

> Yeah, same here, just cracked me up. They had the santa up and around 2
> weeks after labor day around here.
>
> Jack Overholidazed

Jack, Here in the city, all the grills and fans are long gone. Instead,
there are space heaters and electric Christmas Lawn Ornaments to be
had.

I feel so badly about the Weber Grill that met with such a tragic end, I
think we should have some kind of memorial services for it. (
BOB

Nancy Young typed:
> "Jack Schidt®" wrote:
>>
>> "Dimitri" > wrote in message

>>> This time of year they are closing out or reducing their inventory of
>>> grills and the like. Good bargains can be had at this time of the year.
>>>
>>> They need the floor space for the gas log season.
>>>
>>> A little driving could save you some bucks.

>> Dude, he's in Rochester, NY. The grills are most likely long gone and gas
>> logs are considered comedy.

> (laughing) That's what I was thinking, Dimitri lives in Southern
> California, but closing out the grill selling season is like ...
> August, here. Definitely not the middle of November.
>
> (no offense meant to Dimitri at all, it was just kinda funny)
>
> nancy

Weather has nothing to do with it. Here in frigid (well, maybe it does, 52 here
last night) central Florida, the grill displays dissappeared right before
Halloween when all the "Santa" stuff came out.

BOB

Nancy Young

Margaret Suran wrote:

> "Jack Schidt®" wrote:

> > Yeah, same here, just cracked me up. They had the santa up and around 2
> > weeks after labor day around here.

> Jack, Here in the city, all the grills and fans are long gone. Instead,
> there are space heaters and electric Christmas Lawn Ornaments to be
> had.

Here, where the grills were, you'll find rows of snowblowers.

> I feel so badly about the Weber Grill that met with such a tragic end, I
> think we should have some kind of memorial services for it. (

Personally, I am just happy you didn't blow away yesterday, Margaret.
The wind was sure wicked down here.

nancy
Margaret Suran

Nancy Young wrote:

> Margaret Suran wrote:
> >
> > "Jack Schidt®" wrote:

> > > Yeah, same here, just cracked me up. They had the santa up and around 2
> > > weeks after labor day around here.

> > Jack, Here in the city, all the grills and fans are long gone. Instead,
> > there are space heaters and electric Christmas Lawn Ornaments to be
> > had.

> Here, where the grills were, you'll find rows of snowblowers.
>
> > I feel so badly about the Weber Grill that met with such a tragic end, I
> > think we should have some kind of memorial services for it. (

> Personally, I am just happy you didn't blow away yesterday, Margaret.
> The wind was sure wicked down here.
>
> nancy

Thank you, Nancy, I was safe and sound at the N. Y. Chocolate Show.
Well, not that safe and today, not that sound.

It is all my fault. I was warned not to eat too much chocolate. "Don't
over-indulge just because there are unlimited samples of delicious
chocolate, all free, all there for the taking, or you will get sick"
someone warned me. I didn't heed the good advice and I ate more than I
should have. So, of course today I am sick. I have either a bad cold
or the flu, chocolate induced no doubt. Why oh why didn't I listen to
the warning? (
Jack Schidt®

"Margaret Suran" > wrote in message
> Nancy Young wrote:
> >
> > Margaret Suran wrote:

around 2

> > > Jack, Here in the city, all the grills and fans are long gone.

Instead,
> > > there are space heaters and electric Christmas Lawn Ornaments to be
> > > had.

> > Here, where the grills were, you'll find rows of snowblowers.
> >
> > > I feel so badly about the Weber Grill that met with such a tragic end,

> > > think we should have some kind of memorial services for it. (

> > Personally, I am just happy you didn't blow away yesterday, Margaret.
> > The wind was sure wicked down here.
> >
> > nancy

> Thank you, Nancy, I was safe and sound at the N. Y. Chocolate Show.
> Well, not that safe and today, not that sound.
>
> It is all my fault. I was warned not to eat too much chocolate. "Don't
> over-indulge just because there are unlimited samples of delicious
> chocolate, all free, all there for the taking, or you will get sick"
> someone warned me. I didn't heed the good advice and I ate more than I
> should have. So, of course today I am sick. I have either a bad cold
> or the flu, chocolate induced no doubt. Why oh why didn't I listen to
> the warning? (

I've heard of a cake called 'death by chocolate' but have never heard of
illness by chocolate. Well, feel better, Margaret, and hope you're fit as a
fiddle quickly so you can......enjoy more chocolate!

Jack Cocoa

PENMART01

In article >, Ignoramus26064
> writes:

>If you want to pay a little more, you can buy this beautiful stainless
>steel grill (nat gas or propane), with a rotisserie, for $598.
>
>go to samsclub.com and enter product number 366491
>
>We recently bought their bigger model (not sold through their website)
>for $1300. That big one looks just like those $5,000-8,000 viking
>grills and is not worse in any measurable respect that I could
>identify. All stainless throughout, has a rotisserie, smoker, etc etc
>etc.
>
>I poured a concrete pad for that grill but it is on casters and it is
>not a pedestal grill, so it can be moved around.

All that to grill a pack of Ball Parks? LOL

---= Move UNITED NATIONS To Paris =---
Sheldon
````````````

Melba's Jammin'

In article >, Margaret Suran >
wrote:

> It is all my fault. I was warned not to eat too much chocolate. "Don't
> over-indulge just because there are unlimited samples of delicious
> chocolate, all free, all there for the taking, or you will get sick"
> someone warned me.

Who would be so foolish as to think they could influence your actions?
I wanna take a lesson.

>I didn't heed the good advice and I ate more than I should have. So,
>of course today I am sick. I have either a bad cold or the flu,
>chocolate induced no doubt.

Feh! More likely induced by the masses at the chocolate chow, clamoring
with their grubby hands for free chocolate. Have another bottle of
wine and cash it in for the night.

> Why oh why didn't I listen to the warning? (

Pishtosh! Why would you start now? Because you are who you are. And
aren't we (sometimes) the luckier to know you.
--
-Barb (www.jamlady.eboard.com updated 10-16-03; check the PickleHats tab, too.)
Mpoconnor7

>My beloved 14-yr. old Weber Genesis Jr. gas grill was picked up and
>thrown off the deck by 60-mph winds today, tearing off the lid and
>otherwise mutilating the poor thing. I'm quite distraught because
>this grill has served me very well all these years and is a lovely red
>with wonderful redwood shelves. I really thought I would get a lot
>more years out of it.

It served you well, and you should honor it by digging a hole in your back yard
and burying it.

Michael O'Connor - Modern Renaissance Man

"The likelihood of one individual being correct increases in a direct
proportion to the intensity with which others try to prove him wrong"
James Mason from the movie "Heaven Can Wait".
Blair P. Houghton

A.T. Hagan > wrote:
>Customer service like that is how you build a fanatically loyal
>customer base. Too bad more companies don't do it.

I have had exactly one problem out of several transactions
with Weber customer service. And that was because I wanted
them to sell me a part on purpose that isn't designed for
my grill. Well, the problem is, I think it *is* designed for
my grill and they don't *want* to sell it to me because then
I'd effectively have a "Gold" model instead of a "Silver,"
for several hundred dollars less, and in black instead of
stainless.

Other than that, yes, Weber is a big dog when it comes
to helping their customers.

I suspect that their new grill styles and serious intent
have to do with the fact that the new owners of the company
are not very happy that the "premium" grill brands have
eaten into their virtual monopoly on cookin' out.

We'll see if it lasts. It will, if they keep building
them and serving us the way they are.

--Blair
"Anyone listening out there?"
Blair P. Houghton

<klschmitz2READTHESIGFILEfrontiernet.net> wrote:
>Anyway, I need to replace it really soon because I grill year round.
>Where can I get a good price on a Weber Genesis Silver B, under the
>usual retail $450? Or is Weber one of those products that just can't
>be found at discount prices?

It's hard to do, but I've seen them discounted $50 or so
at Home Depot (which *never* has sales) and Lowe's when
they're overstocked (which is Memorial Day and the 4th of
July, not Thanksgiving, sadly...)

>A 2001 thread I found on Google indicates that sales happen at the big
>box stores at the end of summer (guess I'm too late for that) and also
>in the spring at the Palatine, IL, mfg. plant, a bit far from me. Any
>change in that information? FWIW, I'm in Rochester, New York.

http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...b%22&scoring=p

This is the first time I've seen it in any color other than black:

http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet...ogle&cmCat=AOL

Nice.

--Blair
"Mine never gets tired."

dogsnus

Mark Shaw > wrote in
:

snip

> Weber is damn good at customer service. I had the igniter go out
> on me shortly after I bought my grill -- I called them and an
> actual HUMAN answered after the FIRST RING. You coulda knocked
> me over with a chicken wing. Plus, the guy knew about the problem
> right away (apparently their supplier had sent them a bad batch
> of igniters), and sent me a new one immediately -- he didn't even
> want the defective one back.

Our grill is one of many things we couldn't fit into the
back of the moving van. We've been looking at grills,
with smokers attached to them, at Academy.
Does Weber make a good one like this ?
Anyone have on of these that can share experiences,
advice, pro or cons?

Terri
Jack Schidt®

"dogsnus" > wrote in message
> Mark Shaw > wrote in
> :
>

> snip
> >
> > Weber is damn good at customer service. I had the igniter go out
> > on me shortly after I bought my grill -- I called them and an
> > actual HUMAN answered after the FIRST RING. You coulda knocked
> > me over with a chicken wing. Plus, the guy knew about the problem
> > right away (apparently their supplier had sent them a bad batch
> > of igniters), and sent me a new one immediately -- he didn't even
> > want the defective one back.

> Our grill is one of many things we couldn't fit into the
> back of the moving van. We've been looking at grills,
> with smokers attached to them, at Academy.
> Does Weber make a good one like this ?
> Anyone have on of these that can share experiences,
> advice, pro or cons?
>
> Terri

Who's Academy?

Jack ?

dogsnus

"Jack Schidt®" > wrote in
om:

> "dogsnus" > wrote in message
>> Mark Shaw > wrote in
>> :
>>

>> snip
>> >
>> > Weber is damn good at customer service. I had the igniter go out
>> > on me shortly after I bought my grill -- I called them and an
>> > actual HUMAN answered after the FIRST RING. You coulda knocked
>> > me over with a chicken wing. Plus, the guy knew about the problem
>> > right away (apparently their supplier had sent them a bad batch
>> > of igniters), and sent me a new one immediately -- he didn't even
>> > want the defective one back.

>> Our grill is one of many things we couldn't fit into the
>> back of the moving van. We've been looking at grills, with smokers
>> attached to them, at Academy. Does Weber make a good one like this ?
>> Anyone have on of these that can share experiences, advice, pro or
>> cons?
>>
>> Terri

> Who's Academy?

The name of a sporting goods store down here in the south,
previously unknown to me.
Odd name for a sporting goods store, IMO.

But, we went in there on a whim and lo and behold,
they've got a huge selection of grillers and smokers, etc.

http://www.academy.com/

Terri
blake murphy

On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 18:12:16 GMT, "Jack Schidt®"
> wrote:

>"Nancy Young" > wrote in message

>year.

>> > Dude, he's in Rochester, NY. The grills are most likely long gone and

>gas
>> > logs are considered comedy.

>> (laughing) That's what I was thinking, Dimitri lives in Southern
>> California, but closing out the grill selling season is like ...
>> August, here. Definitely not the middle of November.
>>
>> (no offense meant to Dimitri at all, it was just kinda funny)
>>
>> nancy

>Yeah, same here, just cracked me up. They had the santa up and around 2
>weeks after labor day around here.
>
>Jack Overholidazed

dear god. i'm still working on last christmas's post-holiday
depression.

your pal,
blake
Blair P. Houghton

dogsnus > wrote:
>Our grill is one of many things we couldn't fit into the
>back of the moving van. We've been looking at grills,
>with smokers attached to them, at Academy.
>Does Weber make a good one like this ?
>Anyone have on of these that can share experiences,
>advice, pro or cons?

The one thing I won't trust my Genesis Silver C to do
correctly out of the box is act as a smoker.

Even with only one burner on and turned to LOW, I can't
get it to stay below 275F with the lid closed (there's a
wide strip of open exhaust space at the back, so opening
the lid more at the front would probably be okay).

The higher-end Weber "Summit" models (the Summit Silver
C and Gold D) have a "smoker-burner" that puts out 20%
less heat. You might look at those.

http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/gas/

--Blair
"I got some sausages need some color."

Jack Schidt®

"blake murphy" > wrote in message

> dear god. i'm still working on last christmas's post-holiday
> depression.

Drink through it.

Jack Navidad

dogsnus

Blair P. Houghton > wrote in
:

snip
> The one thing I won't trust my Genesis Silver C to do
> correctly out of the box is act as a smoker.
>
> Even with only one burner on and turned to LOW, I can't
> get it to stay below 275F with the lid closed (there's a
> wide strip of open exhaust space at the back, so opening
> the lid more at the front would probably be okay).
>
> The higher-end Weber "Summit" models (the Summit Silver
> C and Gold D) have a "smoker-burner" that puts out 20%
> less heat. You might look at those.
>
> http://www.weber.com/bbq/pub/grill/gas/

Thank you, Blair.
The ones at Academy had a higher side mounted
smoker on one end that was much bigger, but
I don't remember the brand name.
With the size of fish down here we'll be catching,
the size of the smoker will be crucial after the
freezer is filled.
I also want to try and make my own Andouille sausage.

We'll be doing some more looking and probably
won't get one until after Christmas.

Terri