waaahhh!!!

Old 26-06-2010, 05:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default waaahhh!!!

oh my, Lee
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Nick Cramer" wrote in message
"Stormmee" wrote:
could someone help me out with what i am obviously missing? Lee
"pavane" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message
[ . . . ]
| Where was someone trying to give me helpful information? I thought
| *I* was giving helpful information.

Yes Mistress. Thank you Mistress. You are very helpful Mistress.
Grovel.

I think Pavane is asking to be killfiled.

Yeah. That must be it. Along that other guy and his sock puppets in ASD
that claim I couldn't have been a vegetarian.

Old 26-06-2010, 05:40 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

*thunk* sound of lee falling over and passing out and the cats coming over
to see what happened... Lee
"Stormmee" wrote:
could someone help me out with what i am obviously missing? Lee
"pavane" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message
[ . . . ]
| Where was someone trying to give me helpful information? I
| thought *I* was giving helpful information.

Yes Mistress. Thank you Mistress. You are very helpful Mistress.
Grovel.

I think Pavane is asking to be killfiled.

Yeah. That must be it. Along that other guy and his sock puppets in ASD
that claim I couldn't have been a vegetarian.

Julie. Don't tell anyone, but I was a vegetarian in the late 60's and
early
70's.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Old 26-06-2010, 05:45 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

how odd, i am not opposed to meat, but i don't think to eat it unless i am
really working at meal planning, i could live on fruit, and dary with a
vegetable fror dessert, but i find that if i don't eat red meat at least
once/twice a week i gain weight like crazy, so i make an effort to have it
along with soy and chicken four times a week, blessedly the dh has no
problems making two totally seperate meals when he wants just pasta and
tomato sauce and i want a porkchop, Lee

"Stormmee" wrote:
could someone help me out with what i am obviously missing? Lee
"pavane" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message
[ . . . ]
| Where was someone trying to give me helpful information? I
| thought *I* was giving helpful information.

Yes Mistress. Thank you Mistress. You are very helpful Mistress.
Grovel.

I think Pavane is asking to be killfiled.

Yeah. That must be it. Along that other guy and his sock puppets in
ASD
that claim I couldn't have been a vegetarian.

Julie. Don't tell anyone, but I was a vegetarian in the late 60's and
early
70's.

I went mostly vegetarian at about age 12. We did eat some meat at home,
but we had meatless Mondays, perhaps in an effort to save money and also
had meatless meals other times of the week. I didn't really think about
it much.

Then when I got my first apartment, I was strapped for cash. So meat was
given up in an effort to save money. I studied nutrition as best I could.
No Internet in those days!

And soon I discovered that I felt better. Much better! Meat would sit
like a lead weight in my stomach, making me feel sluggish and horrible.
But beans didn't do that. I did eat some cheese and eggs in those days.
Didn't know of my food allergies. But really couldn't even afford those
things very often. And my mom had convinced me that cheese was evil
unless eaten in tiny portions. When I did eat it, I would cut as thin a
slice as possible, then cut that into matchstick sized pieces. I have
since dismissed that notion!

I remained on this diet, adding more eggs and cheese in, especially when
pregnant and eventually adding meat in just to please the dietician I was
seeing at the time and to make it easier for me to get my required
protein.

I then became anemic while pregnant and learned that I had to eat meat a
couple of times a week just to stave it off.

Then more recently, I gave the meat up again, realizing that I just don't
digest it well. I went vegan. Worked well for me except that I didn't
digest the veggies well either and I became anemic again.

So while I really would prefer to be vegetarian, it just doesn't work for
me like I would want it to. I still do eat a mostly vegetarian meals, but
not like I used to. Used to be mainly beans and rice or beans and pasta.
Can't do that now! But I wish I could.

Old 26-06-2010, 05:50 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

remember that many of the animals you eat from the store would have never
been created if not for humans consuming them... so one place you can be
positive is eat farm raised fish... the DH is a carnavore but he hates
killing anything... he draws the line at bugs this way: if they invade my
space they want to go for the next step... if they stay "out there" its good
to me... i love plants also, its why i don't try and grow them, for me
taking in a plant is true creulty and certain death for the plant, Lee
"Ricavito" wrote in message
On Jun 26, 2:50 am, Nick Cramer wrote:
"Julie Bove" wrote:

Julie. Don't tell anyone, but I was a vegetarian in the late 60's and
early
70's.

I went mostly vegetarian at about age 12. We did eat some meat at home,
but we had meatless Mondays, perhaps in an effort to save money and also
had meatless meals other times of the week. I didn't really think about
it much.
[ . . . ]

I became a vegetarian out of compassion for other living creatures. I
stopped after about ten years. Having a steak, charred blood rare,
tomorrow.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061- Hide quoted text -

This is precisely the problem I have with eating meat, which I have
never fully given up. I like a steak cooked just as you described.
If I had to kill an animal to eat, I don't know if I could do it. I
can't even fish anymore. I ran over a small bird that the wind blew
into my path a few weeks ago, I saw it turn to face me and square its
little birdy shoulders the instant before I hit it and then I burst
into tears and had to pull over. It has gotten so bad that last week
I got teary eyed and morose after I drowned an ant's nest -- they were
marching out of the flood carrying the larva on their backs -- they
want to live too! I realize this is not a healthy reaction, and
maybe a little neurotic, but if I have to feel this way, where do I
draw the line? Stop eating meat? Stop driving? Stop gardening?
Practically, no. So I brake for animals and garden without pesticides
and put up bird feeders and set out food for stray cats and volunteer
at the animal shelter and give money to the Humane Society and try to
eat only meat (or eggs, dairy, etc.) from animals that have been
treated humanely. That's hard to do sometimes because either you
don't know for sure or it can be so damn expensive. We're fortunate in
that we can afford to eat those foods for the most part, but as a
consequence we do eat less meat and more vegetables -- can't be a bad
thing ;-) Of course, lately I've noticed tender feelings toward my
garden plants.

Gosh, I don't know where that came from, but I feel better now :-)

Old 26-06-2010, 05:53 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

I have a net friend who is a devout vegan for health reason, milk/dary sends
her to the er its so bad, meat makes her sick... we have had many
conversations about this and she is convinced that if her gene pool rejects
meat, there is another that requres it, Lee

"Stormmee" wrote:
could someone help me out with what i am obviously missing? Lee
"pavane" wrote in message
"Julie Bove" wrote in message
[ . . . ]
| Where was someone trying to give me helpful information? I
| thought *I* was giving helpful information.

Yes Mistress. Thank you Mistress. You are very helpful Mistress.
Grovel.

I think Pavane is asking to be killfiled.

Yeah. That must be it. Along that other guy and his sock puppets in
ASD
that claim I couldn't have been a vegetarian.

Julie. Don't tell anyone, but I was a vegetarian in the late 60's and
early
70's.

I tried it during the early 90's and never felt worse in my entire life.
The minute I began eating meat again, I felt much better right away. And
I thought I had done it "right" too...... eating sea vegetables and tofu
and seitan and legumes and brown rice and all of that. Besides which it
was endless work, mincing and cutting and chopping etc. Glad I don't do
THAT anymore.
--
Best Regards,
Evelyn

We already have perfect compassion, perfect wisdom, perfect joy. We only
need to settle our minds so they can rise from deep within us. - Buddha

Old 26-06-2010, 05:55 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

one more rude comment and i am with you, Lee
"Julie Bove" wrote:
"Stormmee" wrote in message

could someone help me out with what i am obviously missing? Lee

Whatever it is, I'm missing it too!

I don't know what got his knickers in a bunch, but I won't see or miss any
more of his posts.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Old 26-06-2010, 05:57 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

my father raises cattle, sister raises chickens and rabbits so my quality
level is higher in general and i am not attracted to meat either so unless
its junky fatty bacon i never think" oh i would sure like xxx tonight", Lee
"Julie Bove" wrote in message

"Stormmee" wrote in message
i saved the post so dh could look for it, i know he would like it, i might
like it, am uber picky about beef, Lee

I am very picky about meat. Don't like most of it and would prefer to eat
vegetarian or even vegan. Alas that was causing me to be anemic.

Old 27-06-2010, 02:36 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

In article ,
"Evelyn" wrote:

I tried it during the early 90's and never felt worse in my entire life.
The minute I began eating meat again, I felt much better right away. And I
thought I had done it "right" too...... eating sea vegetables and tofu and
seitan and legumes and brown rice and all of that. Besides which it was
endless work, mincing and cutting and chopping etc. Glad I don't do THAT
anymore.

I love all that tofu and seitan and legumes stuff, except that I eat
meat too. I am an enthusiastic omnivore!

PP
Old 27-06-2010, 05:47 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stormmee" wrote in message
could be he might not like the name julie , Lee

Ohhhh... Well then he can call me Julia. That's my given name.

Old 27-06-2010, 05:39 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

LOL, seems to have gone away, Lee

Old 27-06-2010, 06:58 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Stormmee" wrote in message ...
| LOL, seems to have gone away, Lee
| "Julie Bove" wrote in message
|
| "Stormmee" wrote in message
| could be he might not like the name julie , Lee
|
| Ohhhh... Well then he can call me Julia. That's my given name.

No, just disinterested.

pavane

Old 28-06-2010, 12:08 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

I hate to be wrong, Lee

Old 28-06-2010, 12:11 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Jun 26, 8:27*am, Bill who putters wrote:
In article
,

families: *https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/**Thank a Veteran!
Support Our Troops: *http://anymarine.com/*You are not forgotten.
[...]

*Gary Snyder said life requires breaking of the body.

http://www.english.illinois.edu/maps...nyder/life.htm

--
Bill *S. Jersey USA zone 5 shade garden
* * *What use one more wake up call? *- Hide quoted text -

His poetry also makes me cry :-)
Old 28-06-2010, 12:14 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

"Julie Bove" wrote:

[...]

Gosh, I don't know where that came from, but I feel better now :-)- Hide quoted text -

I was ruthless today to some aphids!
Old 28-06-2010, 02:42 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic

Ricavito wrote:
On Jun 26, 2:50=A0am, Nick Cramer wrote:
"Julie Bove" wrote:

Julie. Don't tell anyone, but I was a vegetarian in the late 60's
and early
70's.

I went mostly vegetarian at about age 12. =A0We did eat some meat at
ho=

me,
but we had meatless Mondays, perhaps in an effort to save money and
als=

had meatless meals other times of the week. =A0I didn't really think
ab=

out
it much.
[ . . . ]

I became a vegetarian out of compassion for other living creatures. I
stopped after about ten years. Having a steak, charred blood rare,
tomorrow.

This is precisely the problem I have with eating meat, which I have
never fully given up. I like a steak cooked just as you described.
If I had to kill an animal to eat, I don't know if I could do it. I
can't even fish anymore.

I started killing chickens when I was seven. I was probably younger when I
started fishing. I started hunting when I was in my late teens. They all
tasted good.

I ran over a small bird that the wind blew into my path a few weeks ago,
I saw it turn to face me and square its little birdy shoulders the
instant before I hit it and then I burst into tears and had to pull
over.

I was tooling down the Interstate on my motorcycle, when a pigeon flew into
my chest. I had to pull over, too.

It has gotten so bad that last week I got teary eyed and morose
after I drowned an ant's nest -- they were marching out of the flood
carrying the larva on their backs -- they want to live too!

Don't drown them! Go to a swimming pool supply store and get the finest
grind diatomaceous earth you can. Pour a ring of it around (not over) the
entrance to their nest. It's not toxic and works for fleas, too. I use
boric (boraxic) acid, which is toxic, for cockroaches. We have no
cockroaches. Noo ants or fleas, either. ;-)

I realize this is not a healthy reaction, and maybe a little neurotic,
but if I have to feel this way, where do I draw the line? Stop eating
meat? Stop driving? Stop gardening? Practically, no. So I brake for
animals and garden without pesticides . . .

We don't use pesticides because we (including preteen kids) eat the
produce.

. . . and put up bird feeders and set out food for stray cats and
volunteer at the animal shelter . . .

Are the bird feeders squirrel-safe? I don't think feeding stray cats is a
good idea. It encourages bad behavior.

. . . and give money to the Humane Society

I hope you carefully researched the agenda of whichever group you're
supporting.

. . . and try to eat only meat (or eggs, dairy, etc.) from
animals that have been treated humanely. That's hard to do sometimes
because either you don't know for sure or it can be so damn expensive.
We're fortunate in that we can afford to eat those foods for the most
part, but as a consequence we do eat less meat and more vegetables --
can't be a bad thing ;-) Of course, lately I've noticed tender feelings
toward my garden plants.

Kosher meat comes from animals that have been raised and killed humanely.

Gosh, I don't know where that came from, but I feel better now :-)

Good. Keep in touch with your feelings, but thimk!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061