Posted to alt.food.diabetic

Default Recipe: Chocolate Chip Cookies

I eat about 6 of these spread out over the night and measured 105 bg about
45 minutes after the last one.

1 1/3 Cup Gram Flour (Chickpea Flour from an Indian Grocery)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Cup Butter
3 Tbsp Splenda
2 Tbsp Sugar Free Maple Flavored Syrup
1 tsp Vanilla
1 Egg
1 Cup Chocolate Chips

Butter should be softened before using. Keep out of refrigerator for a
couple of hours before starting.
Place butter, vanilla, splenda in food processor. Combine till smooth. Add
egg & syrup and process again.
Combine all dry ingredients except for choc. chips.
Add dry ingredients into processor, half at a time, until just blended and a
ball of dough starts to form in processor.
Dump dough into a bowl. Stir in Choc. Chips.
Press out 1 1/2 inch diameter cookies on a ungreased cookie sheet. Press
down to approx. 1/4 to 3/8" thick.
Bake at 375 degrees F. for 10 to 14 minutes till browned.

Enjoy, I do.

Ed
type 2, glyburide 3x/day

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On Feb 27, 6:54 pm, "Ed" <ekirstein*nospammers*catskill.net> wrote:
> I eat about 6 of these spread out over the night and measured 105 bg about
> 45 minutes after the last one.
>
> 1 1/3 Cup Gram Flour (Chickpea Flour from an Indian Grocery)
> 1/2 tsp baking soda
> 1/2 tsp salt
> 1/2 Cup Butter
> 3 Tbsp Splenda
> 2 Tbsp Sugar Free Maple Flavored Syrup
> 1 tsp Vanilla
> 1 Egg
> 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
>
> Butter should be softened before using. Keep out of refrigerator for a
> couple of hours before starting.
> Place butter, vanilla, splenda in food processor. Combine till smooth. Add
> egg & syrup and process again.
> Combine all dry ingredients except for choc. chips.
> Add dry ingredients into processor, half at a time, until just blended and a
> ball of dough starts to form in processor.
> Dump dough into a bowl. Stir in Choc. Chips.
> Press out 1 1/2 inch diameter cookies on a ungreased cookie sheet. Press
> down to approx. 1/4 to 3/8" thick.
> Bake at 375 degrees F. for 10 to 14 minutes till browned.
>
> Enjoy, I do.
>
> Ed
> type 2, glyburide 3x/day

I'll try the recipe this weekend. It looks very promising.

Posted to alt.food.diabetic

On 1 Mar 2007 05:05:48 -0800, "Pete Romfh"
> wrote:

>On Feb 27, 6:54 pm, "Ed" <ekirstein*nospammers*catskill.net> wrote:
>> I eat about 6 of these spread out over the night and measured 105 bg about
>> 45 minutes after the last one.
>>
>> 1 1/3 Cup Gram Flour (Chickpea Flour from an Indian Grocery)
>> 1/2 tsp baking soda
>> 1/2 tsp salt
>> 1/2 Cup Butter
>> 3 Tbsp Splenda
>> 2 Tbsp Sugar Free Maple Flavored Syrup
>> 1 tsp Vanilla
>> 1 Egg
>> 1 Cup Chocolate Chips
>>
>> Butter should be softened before using. Keep out of refrigerator for a
>> couple of hours before starting.
>> Place butter, vanilla, splenda in food processor. Combine till smooth. Add
>> egg & syrup and process again.
>> Combine all dry ingredients except for choc. chips.
>> Add dry ingredients into processor, half at a time, until just blended and a
>> ball of dough starts to form in processor.
>> Dump dough into a bowl. Stir in Choc. Chips.
>> Press out 1 1/2 inch diameter cookies on a ungreased cookie sheet. Press
>> down to approx. 1/4 to 3/8" thick.
>> Bake at 375 degrees F. for 10 to 14 minutes till browned.
>>
>> Enjoy, I do.
>>
>> Ed
>> type 2, glyburide 3x/day

>I'll try the recipe this weekend. It looks very promising.

Hi Pete

I'd missed you; nice to see you still posting.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.
d&e, metformin 1000mg, ezetrol 10mg
http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.com/
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Epidaurus
Posted to alt.food.diabetic

I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I do.
ed

ps.com...