Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default broke my first maul handle

I'm having fun with the maul I bought. I managed to break the wood
handle today.

I was trying to break some bigger pieces of firewood into smaller ones
and the handle cracked. I guess I'll take it back and trade it in for
a fiberglass handled one.

Also, I was banging on a bigger piece that was kind of odd shaped.
Maybe that was where the handle started breaking, but I didn't notice
it.

Anyway, I was able to put a big crack in the one piece of odd-shaped
firewood, but not break it all the way through.

So, when I go back to get the fiberglass handled maul I think I'll pick
up a wedge as well.

Anyway, it was fun and I didn't get hurt!

- Bobby

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
2fatbbq

> wrote in message
oups.com...
> I'm having fun with the maul I bought. I managed to break the wood
> handle today.

If you are hitting the handle stand further back when ya swing--btw I like
the fibreglass handle maul--it can hang by the woodpile rather than the
garage

Buzz

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I wondered what that heavy metal thing was there for...

Seriously, I don't think I hit the wood with the handle. I think it
was just a cheap maul. ($18 at Lowes).

- Bobby

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Glenn wrote:

> Mauls are handed down fro generation to generation. NOBODY ever breaks one.

Hmmm...guess these guys'll all be out of business soon...
http://tinyurl.com/d5cxr

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

FYI. Lowes took the broken one back without question. I got one with
the fiberglass handle and a wedge as well. I had fun splitting up some
larger pieces with them both. Haven't killed myself yet doing so, so
that is good.

- Bobby

Matthew L. Martin wrote:
> wrote:
> > I wondered what that heavy metal thing was there for...
> >
> > Seriously, I don't think I hit the wood with the handle. I think it
> > was just a cheap maul. ($18 at Lowes).
> >

> If you can't find impact damage on the handle take it back. It was
> probably defective.
>
> Matthew
>
> --
> There had better be horses and ponies in heaven, or the god I
> don't believe is going to get her butt kicked big time.
>
> -- TeaLady (mari) on ARK

[To music][ ''m so broke, I'm so broke. I'm broke, I'm broke I'm broke! Dimitri General Cooking 4 29-11-2012 11:06 PM
How Would You Handle This? Lou Decruss[_2_] General Cooking 167 13-11-2007 01:07 AM
broke my first maul handle Barbecue 9 17-11-2005 08:35 AM
broke my first maul handle Barbecue 1 13-11-2005 11:40 PM
Finally figured out how to split wood - using maul and hatchet [email protected] Barbecue 20 07-11-2005 11:43 PM