briskets on sale

Old 05-04-2004, 09:58 PM
BigDog
Usenet poster

Default briskets on sale

For those in Texas, HEB has whole briskets on sale for .99 cents a lb.
I'm gonna pick me up a couple.

--
BigDog
To E-mail me, you know what to do.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:35 PM
Jason in Dallas
Usenet poster

"BigDog" wrote in message
For those in Texas, HEB has whole briskets on sale for .99 cents a lb.
I'm gonna pick me up a couple.

Unfortunately there are no HEBs in Dallas AFAIK. I miss them from when I
lived in Austin, although we do have Central Market here.

Old 06-04-2004, 08:46 PM
BigDog
Usenet poster

Jason in Dallas wrote in alt.food.barbecue

"BigDog" wrote in message
For those in Texas, HEB has whole briskets on sale for .99 cents a lb.
I'm gonna pick me up a couple.

Unfortunately there are no HEBs in Dallas AFAIK. I miss them from when I
lived in Austin, although we do have Central Market here.

I can't believe there aren't any in Dallas.
Damn, HEB is all over south Texas.

Old 06-04-2004, 08:48 PM
BigDog
Usenet poster

Steve Wertz wrote in alt.food.barbecue

$1.58 here in Austin (regular price). Come Memorial day, they
usually have them on sale for $.29-$.49/lb - hopefully.

The top sirloin is on sale for $1.99/lb. I picked up a 11-lb'er
and will be rubbing and cooking that at 450 for 20 minutes, then
down to 225 for another 6 hours or so. In the oven, though.
Makes a great rare roast beef for french dips and whatever.

-sw

Yeah they usually go down that low here too.
But, 99 cents a lb. is a lot less than normal price.
It was on sale for Easter.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:19 PM
Michael
Usenet poster

"Steve Wertz" wrote in message
On Mon, 05 Apr 2004 20:58:20 GMT, BigDog
wrote:

For those in Texas, HEB has whole briskets on sale for .99 cents a lb.
I'm gonna pick me up a couple.

$1.58 here in Austin (regular price). Come Memorial day, they
usually have them on sale for $.29-$.49/lb - hopefully.

The top sirloin is on sale for $1.99/lb. I picked up a 11-lb'er
and will be rubbing and cooking that at 450 for 20 minutes, then
down to 225 for another 6 hours or so. In the oven, though.
Makes a great rare roast beef for french dips and whatever.

-sw

I looked at a brisket the other day...$4.99 a pound. Piedmont NC where
brisket is difficult to find. Pork shoulders are only $.59 a pound this
week though.

Old 06-04-2004, 09:44 PM
frohe
Usenet poster

BigDog wrote:
I can't believe there aren't any in Dallas.
Damn, HEB is all over south Texas.

Accordin to the HEB wesite, the closest store to Dallas is in Waxahachie.
--
-frohe
Life is too short to be in a hurry

Old 06-04-2004, 10:42 PM
Dave Bugg
Usenet poster

Steve Wertz wrote:
On Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:44:00 GMT, "frohe"
wrote:

BigDog wrote:
I can't believe there aren't any in Dallas.
Damn, HEB is all over south Texas.

Accordin to the HEB wesite, the closest store to Dallas is in
Waxahachie.

Isn't that where Dave Bugg lives - in Washington! ;-)

LOL... I WISH. We don't have access to packer cut brisket, at any price.
I'll be shipping my supply in from another region to supply my store.
Dave

Old 06-04-2004, 11:06 PM
Tyler Hopper
Usenet poster

wrote:

For those in Texas, HEB has whole briskets on sale for .99 cents a lb.
I'm gonna pick me up a couple.

$1.58 here in Austin (regular price). Come Memorial day, they
usually have them on sale for $.29-$.49/lb - hopefully.

The top sirloin is on sale for $1.99/lb. I picked up a 11-lb'er
and will be rubbing and cooking that at 450 for 20 minutes, then
down to 225 for another 6 hours or so. In the oven, though.
Makes a great rare roast beef for french dips and whatever.

-sw

I looked at a brisket the other day...$4.99 a pound. Piedmont NC where
brisket is difficult to find. Pork shoulders are only $.59 a pound this
week though.

That's just obscene. My wife just paid that for Choice rib eyes today.

_________
ht_redneck

Old 07-04-2004, 01:48 AM
frohe
Usenet poster

Steve Wertz wrote:
Accordin to the HEB wesite, the closest store to Dallas is in
Waxahachie.

Isn't that where Dave Bugg lives - in Washington! ;-)

Lol... hadn't thought about that til ya mentioned it but it is purty close
huh?

Old 07-04-2004, 07:42 PM
butch burton
Usenet poster

wrote:

For those in Texas, HEB has whole briskets on sale for .99 cents a lb.
I'm gonna pick me up a couple.

$1.58 here in Austin (regular price). Come Memorial day, they
usually have them on sale for $.29-$.49/lb - hopefully.

The top sirloin is on sale for $1.99/lb. I picked up a 11-lb'er
and will be rubbing and cooking that at 450 for 20 minutes, then
down to 225 for another 6 hours or so. In the oven, though.
Makes a great rare roast beef for french dips and whatever.

-sw

I looked at a brisket the other day...$4.99 a pound. Piedmont NC where
brisket is difficult to find. Pork shoulders are only $.59 a pound this
week though.

In my neck of the woods the super walmarts have brisket for
1.48/#-used to be 1.12 but at least they have not started injecting
brisket with sugar, salt and water like many of their other meat
products.