FoodBanter.com

-   Winemaking (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/)
-   -   Root beer making (https://www.foodbanter.com/winemaking/88501-root-beer-making.html)

12-04-2006 12:00 PM

Root beer making

I am looking for a recipe to make root beer.

TIA

Ray Calvert 12-04-2006 04:29 PM

Root beer making

Buy some root beer extract. The recipe will come with it. In the past I
have used Hire's extract and it worked well. It may cost you about $4.00
for enough extract to make 5 gallons. Other than that do a google on root
beer extract.

Ray

mdginzo 14-04-2006 03:14 AM

Root beer making

groups.yahoo.com/rootbeerbrew

Joe Sallustio 14-04-2006 02:09 PM

Root beer making

Any wine or beer making store probably carries the extracts, the Birch
beer and Sarsparilla are also very good. Probaly about $5 CDN + a few
pounds of sugar to make 4 gallons US. The Hires extract is usually
available in grocery stores if you hunt long enough.

Joe

[email protected] 19-04-2006 09:51 PM

Root beer making

If you check out the latest edition of Brew Your Own magazine, they
have three different recipes, from extract to actual herbs and roots.

19-04-2006 11:10 PM

Root beer making

Thanks to everyone for their feedbacks. I appreciate the information

ups.com...