Old 15-11-2005, 02:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Paul E. Lehmann

Default Grape Trellis: Need Earth Anchors in Central MD

Bruce_Nolte_N3LSY& wrote:

I am building 4 trellises for my vines using a high-tensile steel wire
fencing system using angled deadman poles and earth anchors to maintain
tension. I have completed 2 trellises, and have partially completed the
other 2, but am short 4 earth anchors I will need to finish the job. The
local TSC, the only known source for earth anchors in the area has been
out of the 40 inch shaft, 4 inch auger anchors I was using for the
first two trellises for a couple of months. They did have some 48 inch
anchors with 6 inch augers, but they are overkill for 100 foot
trellises, and would be difficult to install in the rocky soil around
here, but I might consider them as a last resort. I have also tried Home
Depot, Southern States, etc, but no luck.

There is a bit of urgency in getting these done before winter hits, my
vines have been in the ground a season trained on tomato stakes, and I
would like to not have to worry about the trellises come springtime. If
anyone knows of a source for these things in the Baltimore area or has a
few they can spare let me know.

Might want to try he
http://www.orchardvalleysupply.com/

Old 16-11-2005, 12:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Bruce.

You know those green fence holders that are used with the wire fence???
You can but them at Home Depot. I have bought the 4 ft ones and cut
them in half and drove them 2 ft into the ground. They don't move and
they have holes that you can tie your wires to. With 100ft trellis
that's all you'll need.

Bob

Old 16-11-2005, 12:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Steve Landis

Bruce_Nolte_N3LSY& wrote:
[...]

You could try here... http://www.spectrellising.com/index.php

Steve
Old 16-11-2005, 02:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
STEPHEN PEEK

Find a mobile home moving service, they should have anchors & the equipment
to install them.
Steve

Old 16-12-2005, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Bruce_Nolte_N3LSY&

Paul E. Lehmann wrote:
Bruce_Nolte_N3LSY& wrote:

I am building 4 trellises for my vines using a high-tensile steel wire
fencing system using angled deadman poles and earth anchors to maintain
tension.

Might want to try he
http://www.orchardvalleysupply.com/

I looked at http://www.orchardvalleysupply.com/ and decided to get my
anchors from them. Price was reasonable, a buck cheaper than TSC,
(though shipping will probably eat that up), and I liked their selection
of stuff. Got 8 of them, so I will have them available when I do a
couple more trellises next year.