Default Shipping wine

I know this has been beat to death, but I'm hoping someone can quickly
answer this:

I moved to Georgia about a year ago. Prior to that, I lived in
California (Bay Area) and made some wine with a friend. Well we
bottled it last fall and I took my share (~30 cases) to my mothers
house thinking I'd sort out how to move it later. Well later is now
and I'm trying to figure out how to move it.

Any suggestions? When I moved, the moving company packed up my wine
along with everything else. Is it legal for a moving company to move
my wine from CA to GA? And now I'm worried about temperatures, are
there companies that do this with refer trucks?

Rob

I moved Ca to Wa here a couple months ago, and as I remember it, they
wouldn't move alcohol or any other "hazardous liquid", so we trailered
our own - wind chill seemed to keep it well. Call another moving
company and ask what the regulations are. I don't know of any that
have refer trucks as standard equipment.

of course, If you pack well enough, and don't label the boxes, who'd
know?

Bob

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> I know this has been beat to death, but I'm hoping someone can quickly
> answer this:
>
> I moved to Georgia about a year ago. Prior to that, I lived in
> California (Bay Area) and made some wine with a friend. Well we
> bottled it last fall and I took my share (~30 cases) to my mothers
> house thinking I'd sort out how to move it later. Well later is now
> and I'm trying to figure out how to move it.
>
> Any suggestions? When I moved, the moving company packed up my wine
> along with everything else. Is it legal for a moving company to move
> my wine from CA to GA? And now I'm worried about temperatures, are
> there companies that do this with refer trucks?

Sure; it just costs a couple grand....

Shipping wine when it's very cold [email protected] Wine 2 11-03-2006 09:08 PM
Shipping wine? Winemaking 8 20-12-2005 02:01 AM
Shipping wine [email protected] Winemaking 0 28-03-2005 06:26 AM
Shipping Wine to Me From Me JB Wine 11 11-03-2004 05:01 PM
Shipping wine to the US from Italy Chris Arcement Wine 3 10-02-2004 10:29 AM