Darren George

Default Grape Concentrate/Rose Petals

Hi

I have a couple fo wine recipes that call for white grape concentrate,
however, it's not available around here (most winemakers in Vernon
either buy fresh grapes or wine kits, instead of making fruit wines).
How much grape juice could be substituted for concentrate?

Also, some other recipes call for elderflowers or yellow rose petals
(both euqally tough to find). I could get elderflower concentrate
from IKEA- would that be an okay substitute for elderflowers?
Anything else that could work for rose petals?

---The Mad Alchemist---
http://www.mad-alchemy.com
Email sent to the above address, unless clearly marked
as wine or heraldry, will be deleted unread.
Ray Calvert

"Darren George" > wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a couple fo wine recipes that call for white grape concentrate,
> however, it's not available around here (most winemakers in Vernon
> either buy fresh grapes or wine kits, instead of making fruit wines).
> How much grape juice could be substituted for concentrate?

Can you get a white grape frozen concentrate in the grocery store? Welch's
Niagara Frozen White Grape Concentrate makes an exccellent wine. Other
brands will work as well. Just be sure it has no preservatives in it.
Frozen concentrates should not.

> Also, some other recipes call for elderflowers or yellow rose petals
> (both euqally tough to find). I could get elderflower concentrate
> from IKEA- would that be an okay substitute for elderflowers?
> Anything else that could work for rose petals?

No experience here. Some one else may be able to help you but if you cannot
get something then make a different wine. I like to make wines from local
things first and then make the things that are exotic to my area. But that
is me.

Ray

pp

Darren George > wrote in message >. ..
> Hi
>
> I have a couple fo wine recipes that call for white grape concentrate,
> however, it's not available around here (most winemakers in Vernon
> either buy fresh grapes or wine kits, instead of making fruit wines).
> How much grape juice could be substituted for concentrate?
>
> Also, some other recipes call for elderflowers or yellow rose petals
> (both euqally tough to find). I could get elderflower concentrate
> from IKEA- would that be an okay substitute for elderflowers?
> Anything else that could work for rose petals?
>

> ---The Mad Alchemist---
> http://www.mad-alchemy.com
> Email sent to the above address, unless clearly marked
> as wine or heraldry, will be deleted unread.

Just try online stores - a quick Google search showed at least one
reference for dried elderflowers:
http://www.brewsource.com/ProdNav/Ing_175.asp, I'm sure you can find
more. I've also seen them in some homebrew stores around here
(Vancouver), so phone around in your area.

Pp
pp