Bob

Default DAY 2

The Niagara is just going wild; fermentation like I haven't seen in
ages!!! This may not be a complete disaster after all!!! :-)
<doing happy dance>
Bob<><

J F

"Bob" > wrote in message
> The Niagara is just going wild; fermentation like I haven't seen in
> ages!!! This may not be a complete disaster after all!!! :-)
> <doing happy dance>
> Bob<><

Enjoy your faux icewine.

Bob

"J F" > wrote in message

> "Bob" > wrote in message
> > The Niagara is just going wild; fermentation like I haven't seen in
> > ages!!! This may not be a complete disaster after all!!! :-)
> > <doing happy dance>
> > Bob<><
> >

> Enjoy your faux icewine.

Hmmm. Not sure I like the sound of that....

J F

"Bob" > wrote in message

> "J F" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Bob" > wrote in message
> > > The Niagara is just going wild; fermentation like I haven't seen

in
> > > ages!!! This may not be a complete disaster after all!!! :-)
> > > <doing happy dance>
> > > Bob<><
> > >

> > Enjoy your faux icewine.
> >

> Hmmm. Not sure I like the sound of that....

Here in Canada there is a whole host of sleaze bags using reisling from
concentrate to create a super sweet, noxious "ice wine" not icewine. All of
it is exported to Asia and has the VQA hopping mad as they try and pass off
thar crap as premium grade icewine.
It tastes like cooked reisling loaded with sulphur and sugar.

Your procedure sounded similar, that's all.

Bob

"J F" > wrote in message

> "Bob" > wrote in message

> in
> > > >

> > > Enjoy your faux icewine.
> > >

> > Hmmm. Not sure I like the sound of that....
> >

> Here in Canada there is a whole host of sleaze bags using reisling from
> concentrate to create a super sweet, noxious "ice wine" not icewine. All

of
> it is exported to Asia and has the VQA hopping mad as they try and pass

off
> thar crap as premium grade icewine.
> It tastes like cooked reisling loaded with sulphur and sugar.
>
> Your procedure sounded similar, that's all.

My procedure was to accidentally put all the ingredients for a 6 gallon
batch into a 5 gallon carboy. It's still bubbling along merrily!
I was just wondering what the heck icewine was; do they ferment it cold?
Bob