Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Apple Wine

While looking through all the home made wine sites one of the things
everyone seems to be harping on is how great home made apple wine is. Has
anyone here tried it and how is it?

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Tom Kunich wrote:
> While looking through all the home made wine sites one of the things
> everyone seems to be harping on is how great home made apple wine is. Has
> anyone here tried it and how is it?

The first non grape wine we made. Turned out excellent. As have all
subsequent batches.

Easy to make, we will be bottling about 5 gallons soon, and will give it
time to age. Tends to be a little harsher before it's a year old.

Ours seems to come out about like a nice white zinfandel.
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Tom Kunich wrote:
> While looking through all the home made wine sites one of the things
> everyone seems to be harping on is how great home made apple wine is.
> Has anyone here tried it and how is it?

I've done 20-30 5 gallon batches of hard cider. Does that count?

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Bob F" > wrote in message
> Tom Kunich wrote:
>> While looking through all the home made wine sites one of the things
>> everyone seems to be harping on is how great home made apple wine is.
>> Has anyone here tried it and how is it?

> I've done 20-30 5 gallon batches of hard cider. Does that count?

Can someone tell us the difference between cider and apple wine?

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Tom Kunich" > wrote in message
> "Bob F" > wrote in message
>> Tom Kunich wrote:
>>> While looking through all the home made wine sites one of the things
>>> everyone seems to be harping on is how great home made apple wine is.
>>> Has anyone here tried it and how is it?

>> I've done 20-30 5 gallon batches of hard cider. Does that count?

> Can someone tell us the difference between cider and apple wine?

Alcohol content, cider is usually fermented with just the sugar from the
apples. Apple wine is chapitalized (sugar added)'

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Steve Peek wrote:
> "Tom Kunich" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> I've done 20-30 5 gallon batches of hard cider. Does that count?

>> Can someone tell us the difference between cider and apple wine?
>>

> Alcohol content, cider is usually fermented with just the sugar from
> the apples. Apple wine is chapitalized (sugar added)'

I guess I've been mostly making apple wine - sparkling.

Apple Pie Wine fan123 Recipes 1 29-09-2010 07:37 PM
Apple wine Dexter Winemaking 3 09-10-2007 10:00 AM
Apple Wine Thomas Sherwood Winemaking 4 09-12-2004 09:33 PM
Apple Ice Wine Jim Winemaking 0 26-11-2004 05:31 AM
Apple Juice To Sweeten Apple Wine genekay Winemaking 5 18-11-2003 08:34 PM