Kevin

Default Racking, bulk aging and metabisulfite

I racked to a secondary 2 weeks ago, added the isinglass and it has
fallen brilliantly clear as of now. It is sitting on the lees and I'd
like to rack again. I added the metabisulfite 2 weeks ago as well.
Should I add it again now that I want to bulk age after racking?
Tom S

"Kevin" > wrote in message
om...
> I racked to a secondary 2 weeks ago, added the isinglass and it has
> fallen brilliantly clear as of now. It is sitting on the lees and I'd
> like to rack again. I added the metabisulfite 2 weeks ago as well.
> Should I add it again now that I want to bulk age after racking?

Probably not necessary now, but it wouldn't hurt to measure it anyway. Be
sure to top up before bulk aging. Check the sulfite just before bottling
and adjust it then if necessary.

Tom S

Don S

> I racked to a secondary 2 weeks ago, added the isinglass and it has
> fallen brilliantly clear as of now. It is sitting on the lees and I'd
> like to rack again. I added the metabisulfite 2 weeks ago as well.
> Should I add it again now that I want to bulk age after racking?

As someone mentioned in another thread, the kit manufacturers
generally have enough meta to get you through to bottling. If
you rack a couple of times and don't have the equipment to
measure the levels, then you can add 1/4 tsp after the second
rack or prior to bottling in 3 or 6 months. You probably have
more then enough SO2 to start bulk aging.

Maybe, rack in 3 months and add 1/8 tsp, wait 3 months and bottle
after adding another 1/8.

Don

Aging In Bulk Vs Aging In Bottle jim Winemaking 12 04-09-2007 10:42 PM
Racking and Aging clarification please. DAve Allison Winemaking 7 17-04-2006 08:00 PM
bulk aging.... Cubanpole2 Winemaking 7 05-03-2004 05:04 PM
Thanks for Help on Bulk Aging Cubanpole2 Winemaking 0 04-03-2004 12:06 AM
Bulk aging pontiacgagt Winemaking 4 07-02-2004 11:02 AM