Aubrey

Default Dominant Acid found in Scuppernongs?

Can someone tell me what dominant acid can be found in Scuppernongs. I
have made a google search and just cannot seem to find it. I assume
that it would be the same as grapes, but cannot confirm this. Aubrey
Tom S

"Aubrey" > wrote in message
m...
> Can someone tell me what dominant acid can be found in Scuppernongs. I
> have made a google search and just cannot seem to find it. I assume
> that it would be the same as grapes, but cannot confirm this.

AFAIK, Scuppernong is white Concord, and the dominant acid should be
tartaric.

Tom S

Aubrey

"Tom S" > wrote in message . com>...
> "Aubrey" > wrote in message
> m...
> > Can someone tell me what dominant acid can be found in Scuppernongs. I
> > have made a google search and just cannot seem to find it. I assume
> > that it would be the same as grapes, but cannot confirm this.

> AFAIK, Scuppernong is white Concord, and the dominant acid should be
> tartaric.
>
> Tom S

Tks.I had assumed that it would be about the same as the grape, but
had been unable to confirm that belief. I know that it is a muscadine
or at least a type of muscadine, but couldn't find that either. Thanks
for your info. Aubrey
Rex Franklin

No I think Scuppernong is one of the Muscaldines that tend to have one or a
very few berries instead of a cluster. At least that's what my dad called
them. :-)

--
Regards,
Rex Franklin
"Aubrey" > wrote in message
m...
> "Tom S" > wrote in message

. com>...
> > "Aubrey" > wrote in message
> > m...
> > > Can someone tell me what dominant acid can be found in Scuppernongs. I
> > > have made a google search and just cannot seem to find it. I assume
> > > that it would be the same as grapes, but cannot confirm this.

> > AFAIK, Scuppernong is white Concord, and the dominant acid should be
> > tartaric.
> >
> > Tom S

> Tks.I had assumed that it would be about the same as the grape, but
> had been unable to confirm that belief. I know that it is a muscadine
> or at least a type of muscadine, but couldn't find that either. Thanks
> for your info. Aubrey

Aubrey

"Rex Franklin" > wrote in message . com>...
> No I think Scuppernong is one of the Muscaldines that tend to have one or a
> very few berries instead of a cluster. At least that's what my dad called
> them. :-)
>
> --
> Regards,
> Rex Franklin
> "Aubrey" > wrote in message
> m...
> > "Tom S" > wrote in message

> . com>...
> > > "Aubrey" > wrote in message
> > > m...
> > >
> > > AFAIK, Scuppernong is white Concord, and the dominant acid should be
> > > tartaric.
> > >
> > > Tom S

> > Tks.I had assumed that it would be about the same as the grape, but
> > had been unable to confirm that belief. I know that it is a muscadine
> > or at least a type of muscadine, but couldn't find that either. Thanks
> > for your info. Aubrey

Rex, The scuppernong is a member of the muscadine family, but I have
not been able to find the dominant acid for it either. Thanks to both
of you for your input. Aubrey

Ascorbic acid (vitamin c) vs. citric acid The Joneses[_1_] Preserving 2 29-07-2014 06:51 PM
More immigrant child abuse - Boy found inside truck was coveredwith 'acid', police say brad herschel General Cooking 0 17-02-2011 01:31 AM
scuppernongs The Cook Preserving 1 09-10-2008 08:45 PM
Dominant yeasts in traditional sourdoughs atty Sourdough 1 29-11-2007 02:38 AM
Can you add to much acid? [email protected] Winemaking 8 04-11-2005 10:52 PM