Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Wine Labels

Just wondering what people are using to stick homemade wine labels on
bottles.

Thanks

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I print my labels on plain paper and use a Q-tip to brush a little milk
on the outer edges of the label. They stick well and come off in a
flash with warm water. Not fancy but very versatile and quite quick.

Shane wrote:
> Just wondering what people are using to stick homemade wine labels on
> bottles.
>
> Thanks

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Nov 15, 9:01*am, "Shane" > wrote:
> Just wondering what people are using to stick homemade wine labels on
> bottles.
>
> Thanks

I use 3-1/3" X 4" pre-glued mailing labels from Avery or the Staples
equivalent.They're 6 to a sheet so I generally print several full
sheets at a time depending on how many bottles I have to label. I let
them dry overnight and then give them a light spray of clear acrylic
to make them waterproof. When that drys, they go on the bottles. When
the bottles are empty, I just soak them in warm soapy water and they
peel right off.

Paul
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I use 28# stationery, Print Shop Pro, & Elmer's Kid-friendly glue stick. The
heavy weight paper makes a nice presentation, PSP formats into Avery sized
labels & the Elmer's glue stick is water soluable. We cut & paste old school
style.... regards, bob

"Shane" > wrote in message
. ..
> Just wondering what people are using to stick homemade wine labels on
> bottles.
>
> Thanks

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Pavel314 wrote:
> On Nov 15, 9:01 am, "Shane" > wrote:
>> Just wondering what people are using to stick homemade wine labels on
>> bottles.
>>
>> Thanks

> I use 3-1/3" X 4" pre-glued mailing labels from Avery or the Staples
> equivalent.They're 6 to a sheet so I generally print several full
> sheets at a time depending on how many bottles I have to label. I let
> them dry overnight and then give them a light spray of clear acrylic
> to make them waterproof. When that drys, they go on the bottles. When
> the bottles are empty, I just soak them in warm soapy water and they
> peel right off.
>
> Paul

Are the labels you buy the regular labels or "easy to remove" types? I
always figured that the normal labels would be difficult to remove.
Also, when you say acrylic - is this something from a craft shop or a
hardware store?

Bruce

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Nov 15, 6:01*am, "Shane" > wrote:
> Just wondering what people are using to stick homemade wine labels on
> bottles.
>
> Thanks

On a computer, your can print out (WordPerfect?) six labels per page,
cut them to size and use wallpaper paste to brush the backsides.
Easily applied and easy to remove to reuse the bottle after rinsing.
A quick spurt of SO2, store them away upside down in wine cartons and
they will be ready for your next bottling. Tacoma Joe
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Nov 16, 8:21*pm, Bruce > wrote:
> Pavel314 wrote:
> > On Nov 15, 9:01 am, "Shane" > wrote:
> >> Just wondering what people are using to stick homemade wine labels on
> >> bottles.

> >> Thanks

> > I use 3-1/3" X 4" pre-glued mailing labels from Avery or the Staples
> > equivalent.They're 6 to a sheet so I generally print several full
> > sheets at a time depending on how many bottles I have to label. I let
> > them dry overnight and then give them a light spray of clear acrylic
> > to make them waterproof. When that drys, they go on the bottles. When
> > the bottles are empty, I just soak them in warm soapy water and they
> > peel right off.

> > Paul

> Are the labels you buy the regular labels or "easy to remove" types? *I
> always figured that the normal labels would be difficult to remove.
> Also, when you say acrylic - is this something from a craft shop or a
> hardware store?
>
> Bruce- Hide quoted text -

I looked them up on the Avery site and they claim to be permanent
adhesive shipping lables. Of course, they may be very permanent when
stuck on a cardboard box or paper envelope but they do come off of
glass bottles without much trouble after a long soak in hot, soapy
water.

I get the acrylic spray at the hardware store; it comes in an aerosol
can. I've also used polyurethane spray. It's probably cheaper when you
buy it at the hardware as opposed to a crafts store.

Paul

Paul

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Pavel314 wrote:

> I looked them up on the Avery site and they claim to be permanent
> adhesive shipping lables. Of course, they may be very permanent when
> stuck on a cardboard box or paper envelope but they do come off of
> glass bottles without much trouble after a long soak in hot, soapy
> water.
>
> I get the acrylic spray at the hardware store; it comes in an aerosol
> can. I've also used polyurethane spray. It's probably cheaper when you
> buy it at the hardware as opposed to a crafts store.

That's a good idea. I've used plain Avery stylee labels in the past and I've
found that either the writing (permanent marker too!) has faded to nothing
over 4 or so years in my garage or the label has peeled off. I now have a
collection of wines labelled "Probably Elderberry" and "Maybe Fig"

--
Malc

Rusted and ropy.
Dog-eared old copy.
Vintage and classic,
or just plain Jurassic:
all words to describe me.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

> Just wondering what people are using to stick homemade wine labels

I use the same avery label as Paul and print them using Corel Draw. I
also us a wine bottle neck hanging-on label from E C Kraus Co.
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

go online to Planet Label (cheesy yes, but they have lots of labels)
they too have the 3 1/3 X 4 but they also offer it in glossy
and
it is treated to absorb printer ink
comes in boxes of 100 sheets
6 labels to a page
ted

On Nov 15, 8:01*am, "Shane" > wrote:
> Just wondering what people are using to stick homemade wine labels on
> bottles.
>
> Thanks

Wine Labels news.bresnan.net Winemaking 4 28-01-2008 02:15 PM
Wine Labels - what do you use? DAve Allison Winemaking 13 10-05-2006 01:10 AM
wine labels [email protected] Wine 0 26-07-2005 07:53 PM
Art for Wine Labels ReyneH Winemaking 0 30-12-2004 06:57 PM
Art for Wine Labels ReyneH Winemaking 0 30-12-2004 06:57 PM