Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default wine lables

Where (in the UK) can I buy label blanks for both white and red? All
ebay searches seem to pull up is personalised stuff.

Many thanks.

McKevvy
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Feb 26, 7:33*pm, McKevvy > wrote:
> Where (in the UK) can I buy label blanks for both white and red? All
> ebay searches seem to pull up is personalised stuff.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> McKevvy

Here in the States an Avery brand 5163 is just about perfect for wine
labels. It's a packing label.

Joe
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On 28 Feb, 01:57, Joe Sallustio > wrote:
> On Feb 26, 7:33*pm, McKevvy > wrote:
>
> > Where (in the UK) can I buy label blanks for both white and red? All
> > ebay searches seem to pull up is personalised stuff.

> > Many thanks.

> > McKevvy

> Here in the States an Avery brand 5163 is just about perfect for wine
> labels. *It's a packing label.
>
> Joe

Avery is particle gummed adhesive paper isnt it? My days of old as a
printer seems to recollect that.

McKevvy
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I just use four-up on an 8.5" x 11" sheet and use Publisher
to make the labels.
I apply them to the bottle with a glue stick which makes
it VERY easy to remove from the bottle.

"McKevvy" > wrote in message
> Where (in the UK) can I buy label blanks for both white and red? All
> ebay searches seem to pull up is personalised stuff.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> McKevvy

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
JB JB is offline

Avery 6464 labels are "removable". They came recommended to me and that's
what I've used.

"Bob Becker" > wrote in message
>I just use four-up on an 8.5" x 11" sheet and use Publisher
> to make the labels.
> I apply them to the bottle with a glue stick which makes
> it VERY easy to remove from the bottle.
>

> "McKevvy" > wrote in message
>> Where (in the UK) can I buy label blanks for both white and red? All
>> ebay searches seem to pull up is personalised stuff.
>>
>> Many thanks.
>>
>> McKevvy

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"McKevvy" > wrote in message
> Where (in the UK) can I buy label blanks for both white and red? All
> ebay searches seem to pull up is personalised stuff.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> McKevvy

Depends on what you want as far as quality goes. Basics start with photocopy
paper through a laser printer with scissors and glue. If you're looking to
do your 'Reserve Private Bin Chateau Rothschild Plonk' batch then light
weight glossy photo paper through a photo-quality inkjet with waterproof
inks would be more fitting. In between there are the various avery type
sticky labels. Go for flat sided bottles as curved and tapered bottles are a
b*tch.

McMikey

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Feb 26, 7:33*pm, McKevvy > wrote:
> Where (in the UK) can I buy label blanks for both white and red? All
> ebay searches seem to pull up is personalised stuff.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> McKevvy

I suggest you check out our wine label section.

http://www.onlinelabels.com/wine-bottle-labels.htm

If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.

Thanks,

Matt Hamilton
http://www.onlinelabels.com
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On 2 Mar, 20:03, Matt > wrote:
> On Feb 26, 7:33*pm, McKevvy > wrote:
>
> > Where (in the UK) can I buy label blanks for both white and red? All
> > ebay searches seem to pull up is personalised stuff.

> > Many thanks.

> > McKevvy

> I suggest you check out our wine label section.
>
> http://www.onlinelabels.com/wine-bottle-labels.htm
>
> If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Matt Hamiltonhttp://www.onlinelabels.com

Thanks but I don't really want to order from abroad - especially as
its just for wine labels ffs.

McKevvy
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On 28 Feb, 23:09, "Mike" > wrote:
> "McKevvy" > wrote in message

> > Where (in the UK) can I buy label blanks for both white and red? All
> > ebay searches seem to pull up is personalised stuff.

> > Many thanks.

> > McKevvy

> Depends on what you want as far as quality goes. Basics start with photocopy
> paper through a laser printer with scissors and glue. If you're looking to
> do your 'Reserve Private Bin Chateau Rothschild Plonk' batch then light
> weight glossy photo paper through a photo-quality inkjet with waterproof
> inks would be more fitting. In between there are the various avery type
> sticky labels. Go for flat sided bottles as curved and tapered bottles are a
> b*tch.
>
> McMikey

Cheers Mikey, I reckon that Avery particle gummed (or any particle
gummed) would be ok but I've still to hunt around on the net for some.
The irony is that as a printer who worked in a large company with
literally pallets of all papers lieing around, none of my old contacts
in the trade work for any other companies that stock it.
Photo paper is out because I refuse to spend £30 on inkjet cartridges
for my colour epson printer - although I'd be happy using my mono
laser if I had a decent artwork blank.

McKevvy
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On 28 Feb, 19:34, "Bob Becker" > wrote:
> I just use four-up on an 8.5" x 11" sheet and use Publisher
> to make the labels.
> I apply them to the bottle with a glue stick which makes
> it VERY easy to remove from the bottle.
>
> "McKevvy" > wrote in message

> > Where (in the UK) can I buy label blanks for both white and red? All
> > ebay searches seem to pull up is personalised stuff.

> > Many thanks.

> > McKevvy

But what kind/weight of paper and glue?

McKevvy

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I also use the removable Avery 6464, and once printed, I take outside
and spray with satin clear spray - which makes them more water proof.
Oh, I use color ink jet. I guess if you have laser that's better. smile.
DAve

JB wrote:
> Avery 6464 labels are "removable". They came recommended to me and that's
> what I've used.
>

> "Bob Becker" > wrote in message
>> I just use four-up on an 8.5" x 11" sheet and use Publisher
>> to make the labels.
>> I apply them to the bottle with a glue stick which makes
>> it VERY easy to remove from the bottle.
>>

>> "McKevvy" > wrote in message
>>> Where (in the UK) can I buy label blanks for both white and red? All
>>> ebay searches seem to pull up is personalised stuff.
>>>
>>> Many thanks.
>>>
>>> McKevvy

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On 3 Mar, 02:01, Dave Allison > wrote:
> I also use the removable Avery 6464, and once printed, I take outside
> and spray with satin clear spray - which makes them more water proof.
> Oh, I use color ink jet. I guess if you have laser that's better. smile.
> DAve
>
> JB wrote:
> > Avery 6464 labels are "removable". They came recommended to me and that's
> > what I've used.

> > "Bob Becker" > wrote in message
> >> I just use four-up on an 8.5" x 11" sheet and use Publisher
> >> to make the labels.
> >> I apply them to the bottle with a glue stick which makes
> >> it VERY easy to remove from the bottle.

Cheers Dave

McK.
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

>I also use the removable Avery 6464, and once printed, I take outside
> and spray with satin clear spray - which makes them more water proof.
> Oh, I use color ink jet. I guess if you have laser that's better. smile.

I take them to Staples and have them printed on their color laser printer.
The laser ink doesn't run.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

OH. gotta try that!!! thanks for the tip! DAve

Bob Becker wrote:
>> I also use the removable Avery 6464, and once printed, I take outside
>> and spray with satin clear spray - which makes them more water proof.
>> Oh, I use color ink jet. I guess if you have laser that's better. smile.

> I take them to Staples and have them printed on their color laser printer.
> The laser ink doesn't run.

"While the more experienced wine drinkers might describe this wine asbeing too simple and not complex enough, millions of new wine drinkers aroundthe world love it and it does play an important role by bringing new winedrinkers into the market e [email protected] Wine 0 08-02-2009 03:49 AM
animals on lables redux jcoulter Wine 1 31-03-2005 08:42 AM
a fine Australian wine merchant/buy Australian wine online - award winning wine bailey Wine 4 12-01-2005 03:32 PM
a fine Australian wine merchant/buy Australian wine online - award winning wine bailey Winemaking 0 12-01-2005 03:15 AM
a fine Australian wine merchant/buy Australian wine online - award winning wine bailey General 0 12-01-2005 03:11 AM