Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Hello - Just wanted to introduce myself...

I have always wanted to try my hand at making wine. Any advice for
beginners?
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Feb 18, 11:29*am, Dan M > wrote:
> I have always wanted to try my hand at making wine. *Any advice for
> beginners?

Read everything on Jack Keller's site. (http://
winemaking.jackkeller.net/)
Then get a good book on the subject. I believe Jack recommends
several.

Start out with something simple. A reasonably good wine can be made
from Welches Niagara concentrate.
If you live in North America, that shouldn't be hard to find. You'll
need a few items before you start; e.g.,
carboys (glass jugs), a racking cane, campden tablets, etc.

Alternatively, you could start with a kit wine. Your local home
brewing shop should have several to chose
from.

Greg G.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Feb 18, 3:25*pm, wrote:
> On Feb 18, 11:29*am, Dan M > wrote:
>
> > I have always wanted to try my hand at making wine. *Any advice for
> > beginners?

> Read everything on Jack Keller's site. (http://
> winemaking.jackkeller.net/)
> Then get a good book on the subject. I believe Jack recommends
> several.
>
> Start out with something simple. A reasonably good wine can be made
> from Welches Niagara concentrate.
> If you live in North America, that shouldn't be hard to find. You'll
> need a few items before you start; e.g.,
> carboys (glass jugs), a racking cane, campden tablets, etc.
>
> Alternatively, you could start with a kit wine. Your local home
> brewing shop should have several to chose
> from.
>
> Greg G.

Thanks for the quick response Greg!

Dan
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Dan M wrote:
> I have always wanted to try my hand at making wine. Any advice for
> beginners?

Here's a good place to start... http://www.geocities.com/lumeisenman/

Steve
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

> Any advice for beginners?

I'll second Greg's recommendation - making Niagara from concentrate is
a simple and inexpensive way to start. I just made up a batch -
details he

http://www.washingtonwinemaker.com/b...or-hard-times/

Kits are even easier, because everything is included and pre-measured.
They're more expensive though.

Terry Garey's "Joy of Home Wine Making" was my first book, and it's a
great way to start if you're interested in country wines (wine from
almost anything other than grapes).

Erroll
http://www.washingtonwinemaker.com/

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
JB JB is offline

I'd try a kit. They're pretty much fool proof as evidenced by my ability to
make good wine.

Good luck!

"Erroll Ozgencil" > wrote in message
>> Any advice for beginners?

> I'll second Greg's recommendation - making Niagara from concentrate is
> a simple and inexpensive way to start. I just made up a batch -
> details he
>
> http://www.washingtonwinemaker.com/b...or-hard-times/
>
> Kits are even easier, because everything is included and pre-measured.
> They're more expensive though.
>
> Terry Garey's "Joy of Home Wine Making" was my first book, and it's a
> great way to start if you're interested in country wines (wine from
> almost anything other than grapes).
>
> Erroll
> http://www.washingtonwinemaker.com/

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB View Post
I'd try a kit. They're pretty much fool proof as evidenced by my ability to
make good wine.

Good luck!

"Erroll Ozgencil" wrote in message
Any advice for beginners?

I'll second Greg's recommendation - making Niagara from concentrate is
a simple and inexpensive way to start. I just made up a batch -
details he

Bailout Blanc: White wine for hard times

Kits are even easier, because everything is included and pre-measured.
They're more expensive though.

Terry Garey's "Joy of Home Wine Making" was my first book, and it's a
great way to start if you're interested in country wines (wine from
almost anything other than grapes).

Erroll
Washington Winemaker
Have you ever tried in making home based cigars? You will find it more interesting than making wine.
__________________
Randy Cohiba
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy22 View Post
Have you ever tried in making home based cigars? You will find it more interesting than making wine.
Home based cigars? No man! I would love to try them. Could you tell me the recipe of Cohiba Cigars!
:-D

Clark Cohiba Cigars

Last edited by goclarkanderson : 31-10-2009 at 10:43 AM
Member

How about this store that sells Cohiba Cigars? Are these original?

And yes, have you guys ever mixed wine with a cigar? Oh My God! They both taste great when amalgamated.
:-)