Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default bramble wine

hi all, Ive just finished filtering my first demijohn of bramble
wine....looks lovely and smells lovely too.
How long should I let it mature for in the dmijohn before bottling please?
Should I add another campden tablet now? ( I added one pre-filtering and
left for 24 hrs.)

Many thanks.

McKev

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I always bottle my wines as soon as I am sure
they are finished.
Finished means crystal clear and stable.

I let all my wines bottle age.

I only bulk age in de DJ for as long as I do not have
the time to bottle.

Luc

--
http://www.wijnmaker.blogspot.com/

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Luc Volders" > wrote in message
>I always bottle my wines as soon as I am sure
> they are finished.
> Finished means crystal clear and stable.
>
> I let all my wines bottle age.
>
> I only bulk age in de DJ for as long as I do not have
> the time to bottle.
>
> Luc

Yup I use a good clearing agent and bottle asap too. How long does it take
to mature though?

McK.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I bottle some of the batch in mini-bottles.
I try a mini bottle each 3 months to half a year.
That way I know when the wine is ready and I do not spill
a whole bottle.

Luc

--
http://www.wijnmaker.blogspot.com/

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Luc Volders" > wrote in message
>I bottle some of the batch in mini-bottles.
> I try a mini bottle each 3 months to half a year.
> That way I know when the wine is ready and I do not spill
> a whole bottle.
>
> Luc

Sounds a good idea.

Cheers

McKev

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I let my blackberry wine age at least 9-11 months before bottling.

- M
"C. U. Jimmy" > wrote in message
> hi all, Ive just finished filtering my first demijohn of bramble
> wine....looks lovely and smells lovely too.
> How long should I let it mature for in the dmijohn before bottling please?
> Should I add another campden tablet now? ( I added one pre-filtering and
> left for 24 hrs.)
>
> Many thanks.
>
> McKev

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I've just re-read your post, why did you filter the wine? I would not
filter any red wine, or dark colored fruit wine. Do not bottle the wine
until it is clear.
-M
"C. U. Jimmy" > wrote in message
> hi all, Ive just finished filtering my first demijohn of bramble
> wine....looks lovely and smells lovely too.
> How long should I let it mature for in the dmijohn before bottling please?
> Should I add another campden tablet now? ( I added one pre-filtering and
> left for 24 hrs.)
>
> Many thanks.
>
> McKev

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Marie" > wrote in message
> I've just re-read your post, why did you filter the wine? I would not
> filter any red wine, or dark colored fruit wine. Do not bottle the wine
> until it is clear.
> -M
> "C. U. Jimmy" > wrote in message
>> hi all, Ive just finished filtering my first demijohn of bramble
>> wine....looks lovely and smells lovely too.
>> How long should I let it mature for in the dmijohn before bottling
>> please? Should I add another campden tablet now? ( I added one
>> pre-filtering and left for 24 hrs.)
>>
>> Many thanks.

I filter all my wines. Through habit I guess. Why not?

McKev