Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Pressing

This fall, due to spouse induced space restrictions, I am fermenting
about 25 5-gallon buckets of Cabernet Sauvignon. (I did not know this
last year, but appearently we have a standing "no-barrel" policy in my
house)

I am thinking about Pressing

Would it be better to:

Press each bucket's cap individually,draining back into the original
bucket?
(More time consuming)

Collect up all the caps, and press as one
evenly divide up the resulting juice back into each individual bucket.
(less time consuming)

thanks. -Wayne
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Wayne Harris wrote:

> This fall, due to spouse induced space
> restrictions, I am fermenting about 25 5-gallon
> buckets of Cabernet Sauvignon. (I did not know
> this last year, but appearently we have a
> standing "no-barrel" policy in my house)

I feel your pain. Luckily I have two barrels in
the house (basement) but the standing order here
is - no dog in the house.

> I am thinking about Pressing
>
> Would it be better to:
>
> Press each bucket's cap individually,draining
> back into the original bucket?
> (More time consuming)
>
> Collect up all the caps, and press as one
> evenly divide up the resulting juice back into
> each individual bucket. (less time consuming)
>
> thanks. -Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Neither?

I don;t think you'd want to ferment Cab in a barrel anyway. What about
getting two or three large plastic fermentation buckets with lids? Will
Mrs. Harris allow that?

http://morewinemaking.com/view_product/19680/103207

Fermenting 5 small lots seems to me only to increase risks, and would
be terribly inefficient from a time / work point of view.

On 2008-04-22 13:19:31 -0700, Wayne Harris > said:

> This fall, due to spouse induced space restrictions, I am fermenting
> about 25 5-gallon buckets of Cabernet Sauvignon. (I did not know this
> last year, but appearently we have a standing "no-barrel" policy in my
> house)
>

> I am thinking about Pressing
>
> Would it be better to:
>
> Press each bucket's cap individually,draining back into the original
> bucket?
> (More time consuming)
>
> Collect up all the caps, and press as one
> evenly divide up the resulting juice back into each individual bucket.
> (less time consuming)
>
> thanks. -Wayne

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Apr 22, 5:36*pm, AxisOfBeagles > wrote:
> Neither?
>
> I don;t think you'd want to ferment Cab in a barrel anyway. What about
> getting two or three large plastic fermentation buckets with lids? Will
> Mrs. Harris allow that?
>
> http://morewinemaking.com/view_product/19680/103207
>
> Fermenting 5 small lots seems to me only to increase risks, and would
> be terribly inefficient from a time / work point of view.
>
> On 2008-04-22 13:19:31 -0700, Wayne Harris > said:
>

> > This fall, *due to spouse induced space restrictions, *I am fermenting
> > about 25 5-gallon buckets of Cabernet Sauvignon. (I did not know this
> > last year, but appearently we have a standing "no-barrel" policy in my
> > house)

> > I am thinking about Pressing

> > Would it be better to:

> > Press each bucket's cap individually,draining back into the original
> > bucket?
> > (More time consuming)

> > Collect up all the caps, and press as one
> > evenly divide up the resulting juice back into each individual bucket.
> > (less time consuming)

> > thanks. -Wayne- Hide quoted text -

Wayne,
I ferment in 6 gallon pails and it is a bit of a pain. I drain off
the free run and scoop out the cap into the press leaving most of the
seeds behind. You really can't fill them over 4.5 gallons and mine
hold 6.5 gallons technically.

Why not go the large trash barrel, clear plastic poly bag route others
use? I don't know how many pounds you are talking but it sounds like
close to a ton. It would be a lot less work and a lot less space.
You might have only 3 55 gallon barrels to deal with rather than 25
buckets.

Joe

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Apr 22, 6:29*pm, Joe Sallustio > wrote:
> On Apr 22, 5:36*pm, AxisOfBeagles > wrote:
>

> > Neither?

> > I don;t think you'd want to ferment Cab in a barrel anyway. What about
> > getting two or three large plastic fermentation buckets with lids? Will
> > Mrs. Harris allow that?

> >http://morewinemaking.com/view_product/19680/103207

> > Fermenting 5 small lots seems to me only to increase risks, and would
> > be terribly inefficient from a time / work point of view.

> > On 2008-04-22 13:19:31 -0700, Wayne Harris > said:

> > > This fall, *due to spouse induced space restrictions, *I am fermenting
> > > about 25 5-gallon buckets of Cabernet Sauvignon. (I did not know this
> > > last year, but appearently we have a standing "no-barrel" policy in my
> > > house)

> > > I am thinking about Pressing

> > > Would it be better to:

> > > Press each bucket's cap individually,draining back into the original
> > > bucket?
> > > (More time consuming)

> > > Collect up all the caps, and press as one
> > > evenly divide up the resulting juice back into each individual bucket.
> > > (less time consuming)

> > > thanks. -Wayne- Hide quoted text -

> Wayne,
> I ferment in 6 gallon pails and it is a bit of a pain. *I drain off
> the free run and scoop out the cap into the press leaving most of the
> seeds behind. *You really can't fill them over 4.5 gallons and mine
> hold 6.5 gallons technically.
>
> Why not go the large trash barrel, clear plastic poly bag route others
> use? *I don't know how many pounds you are talking but it sounds like
> close to a ton. *It would be a lot less work and a lot less space.
> You might have only 3 55 gallon barrels to deal with rather than 25
> buckets.
>
> Joe- Hide quoted text

I was under the impression that large plastic trash barrels should not
be used for Primary Fermentation. It that is the case, I am happy
to run down to Lowes and pick a couple up, But most trash barrels are
LDPE plastic, (not food grade) and I am worried about the must picking
up smells.

you mentioned liners, i don't know what you mean by a a liner.

(I could sell a stackable "trash" can to the spouse.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Wayne Harris wrote:

> On Apr 22, 6:29*pm, Joe Sallustio
> > wrote:
>> On Apr 22, 5:36*pm, AxisOfBeagles
>> > wrote:
>>

>> > Neither?

>> > I don;t think you'd want to ferment Cab in a
>> > barrel anyway. What about getting two or
>> > three large plastic fermentation buckets with
>> > lids? Will Mrs. Harris allow that?

>http://morewinemaking.com/view_product/19680/103207
>>
>> > Fermenting 5 small lots seems to me only to
>> > increase risks, and would be terribly
>> > inefficient from a time / work point of view.

>> > On 2008-04-22 13:19:31 -0700, Wayne Harris

>> Wayne,
>> I ferment in 6 gallon pails and it is a bit of
>> a pain. *I drain off the free run and scoop out
>> the cap into the press leaving most of the
>> seeds behind. *You really can't fill them over
>> 4.5 gallons and mine hold 6.5 gallons
>> technically.
>>
>> Why not go the large trash barrel, clear
>> plastic poly bag route others use? *I don't
>> know how many pounds you are talking but it
>> sounds like close to a ton. *It would be a lot
>> less work and a lot less space. You might have
>> only 3 55 gallon barrels to deal with rather
>> than 25 buckets.
>>
>> Joe- Hide quoted text

> I was under the impression that large plastic
> trash barrels should not
> be used for Primary Fermentation. It that is
> the case, I am happy
> to run down to Lowes and pick a couple up, But
> most trash barrels are LDPE plastic, (not food
> grade) and I am worried about the must picking
> up smells.

Go online to US Plastics. They sell a wide
variety and sizes of HDPE containers that are
excellent for fermentation. Ask them to mail you
a catalog. I bet you will find other things
(toys) that would come in handy for winemaking

> you mentioned liners, i don't know what you
> mean by a a liner.
>
> (I could sell a stackable "trash" can to the
> spouse.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Apr 23, 9:02*am, Wayne Harris > wrote:
> On Apr 22, 6:29*pm, Joe Sallustio > wrote:
>

> > On Apr 22, 5:36*pm, AxisOfBeagles > wrote:

> > > Neither?

> > > I don;t think you'd want to ferment Cab in a barrel anyway. What about
> > > getting two or three large plastic fermentation buckets with lids? Will
> > > Mrs. Harris allow that?

> > >http://morewinemaking.com/view_product/19680/103207

> > > Fermenting 5 small lots seems to me only to increase risks, and would
> > > be terribly inefficient from a time / work point of view.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Apr 23, 5:51*pm, Joe Sallustio > wrote:
> On Apr 23, 9:02*am, Wayne Harris > wrote:

> > > Wayne,
> > > I ferment in 6 gallon pails and it is a bit of a pain. *I drain off
> > > the free run and scoop out the cap into the press leaving most of the
> > > seeds behind. *You really can't fill them over 4.5 gallons and mine
> > > hold 6.5 gallons technically.

> > > Why not go the large trash barrel, clear plastic poly bag route others
> > > use? *I don't know how many pounds you are talking but it sounds like
> > > close to a ton. *It would be a lot less work and a lot less space.
> > > You might have only 3 55 gallon barrels to deal with rather than 25
> > > buckets.

> > > Joe- Hide quoted text

> > I was under the impression that large plastic trash barrels should not
> > be used for Primary Fermentation. * It that is the case, *I am happy
> > to run down to Lowes and pick a couple up, *But most trash barrels are
> > LDPE plastic, (not food grade) and I am worried about the must picking
> > up smells.

> > you mentioned liners, * *i don't know what you mean by a a liner.

> > (I could sell a stackable "trash" can to the spouse.

> They sell large plastic food grade inserts here for trash cans but I
> am talking about huge clear plastic bags; we called them body bags
> because they were 6 feet long... *Industrial supply places sell them.
> They are pretty heavy grade plastic.
>
> Joe- Hide quoted text -

I *think* i know what you mean. We call them "contractor bags"
hmmm,,, mental wheels are turning here....

I saw the food grade HDPE primaries on the morewine.com site, they
are perfect. Its just that the shipping costs are outragous.

24 buckets are a little (not much) more expensive, but the shipping
costs are within reason. (And, my poor back can move these around)

I'm really not sure what to do here. I've been thinking about this
for about 6 months, and really, i'm still not any closer to a
decision.

Its funny you know,
I've found a way to make my rather talkitive wife clam up. Sometimes
my wife will ask me over dinner; "You seem distracted honey, what's
wrong?" then I'd say something like "the acidity in this batch is
off, and I'm not sure what to do", or, I need to figure a way to press
next falls grapes better" or I need a better process for monitoring
MLF"
-End of conversation- ;-)

This really is one of those things that i do still ponder, and don't
know exactly how i'm going to proceed.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Wayne,
In fact, the HDPE Brute barrels at lowe's are indeed food grade. I
noticed this when I saw the same barrel for sale in a catalog, and
also at the local wine hobby store. I called brute myself and asked
them. They assured me that the barrels at lowes are the same AND food
grade. The trick is that the only ones that are food grade are gray,
white and yellow ones (I believe). I have a gray one. I put a large
spigot in the bottom.
Marc

On Apr 23, 7:06*pm, Wayne Harris > wrote:
> On Apr 23, 5:51*pm, Joe Sallustio > wrote:

> > > I was under the impression that large plastic trash barrels should not
> > > be used for Primary Fermentation. * It that is the case, *I am happy
> > > to run down to Lowes and pick a couple up, *But most trash barrels are
> > > LDPE plastic, (not food grade) and I am worried about the must picking
> > > up smells.

> > > you mentioned liners, * *i don't know what you mean by a a liner.

> > > (I could sell a stackable "trash" can to the spouse.

> > They sell large plastic food grade inserts here for trash cans but I
> > am talking about huge clear plastic bags; we called them body bags
> > because they were 6 feet long... *Industrial supply places sell them.
> > They are pretty heavy grade plastic.

> > Joe- Hide quoted text -

> I *think* i know what you mean. *We call them "contractor bags"
> hmmm,,, *mental wheels are turning here....
>
> I saw the food grade HDPE primaries on the morewine.com *site, *they
> are perfect. Its just that the shipping costs are outragous.
>
> 24 buckets are a little (not much) more expensive, *but the shipping
> costs are within reason. *(And, my poor back can move these around)
>
> I'm really not sure what to do here. *I've been thinking about this
> for about 6 months, and really, *i'm still not any closer to a
> decision.
>
> Its funny you know,
> I've found a way to make my rather talkitive wife clam up. * Sometimes
> my wife will ask me over dinner; * "You seem distracted honey, what's
> wrong?" *then I'd say something like "the acidity in this batch is
> off, and I'm not sure what to do", or, I need to figure a way to press
> next falls grapes better" or I need a better process for monitoring
> MLF"
> -End of conversation- * *;-)
>
> This really is one of those things that i do still ponder, and don't
> know exactly how i'm going to proceed.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

A food grade barrel will say so on the bottom somewhere. It's usually
accompanied by the NSF logo (National Sanitation Foundation.) NSF is to food
handling products as UL is to electrical. We chefs & bakers have long used
Brutes for food storage. Your local restaurant supplier ought to carry food
grade barrels in sizes from 10 gals. up to 55's. HTH. regards, bob.

> wrote in message
Wayne,
In fact, the HDPE Brute barrels at lowe's are indeed food grade. I
noticed this when I saw the same barrel for sale in a catalog, and
also at the local wine hobby store. I called brute myself and asked
them. They assured me that the barrels at lowes are the same AND food
grade. The trick is that the only ones that are food grade are gray,
white and yellow ones (I believe). I have a gray one. I put a large
spigot in the bottom.
Marc

On Apr 23, 7:06 pm, Wayne Harris > wrote:
> On Apr 23, 5:51 pm, Joe Sallustio > wrote:

> > > I was under the impression that large plastic trash barrels should not
> > > be used for Primary Fermentation. It that is the case, I am happy
> > > to run down to Lowes and pick a couple up, But most trash barrels are
> > > LDPE plastic, (not food grade) and I am worried about the must picking
> > > up smells.

> > > you mentioned liners, i don't know what you mean by a a liner.

> > > (I could sell a stackable "trash" can to the spouse.

> > They sell large plastic food grade inserts here for trash cans but I
> > am talking about huge clear plastic bags; we called them body bags
> > because they were 6 feet long... Industrial supply places sell them.
> > They are pretty heavy grade plastic.

> > Joe- Hide quoted text -

> I *think* i know what you mean. We call them "contractor bags"
> hmmm,,, mental wheels are turning here....
>
> I saw the food grade HDPE primaries on the morewine.com site, they
> are perfect. Its just that the shipping costs are outragous.
>
> 24 buckets are a little (not much) more expensive, but the shipping
> costs are within reason. (And, my poor back can move these around)
>
> I'm really not sure what to do here. I've been thinking about this
> for about 6 months, and really, i'm still not any closer to a
> decision.
>
> Its funny you know,
> I've found a way to make my rather talkitive wife clam up. Sometimes
> my wife will ask me over dinner; "You seem distracted honey, what's
> wrong?" then I'd say something like "the acidity in this batch is
> off, and I'm not sure what to do", or, I need to figure a way to press
> next falls grapes better" or I need a better process for monitoring
> MLF"
> -End of conversation- ;-)
>
> This really is one of those things that i do still ponder, and don't
> know exactly how i'm going to proceed.- Hide quoted text -

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Apr 24, 8:11 am, "bobdrob" > wrote:
> A food grade barrel will say so on the bottom somewhere. It's usually
> accompanied by the NSF logo (National Sanitation Foundation.) NSF is to food
> handling products as UL is to electrical. We chefs & bakers have long used
> Brutes for food storage. Your local restaurant supplier ought to carry food
> grade barrels in sizes from 10 gals. up to 55's. HTH. regards, bob.
>
> > wrote in message

> Wayne,
> In fact, the HDPE Brute barrels at lowe's are indeed food grade. I
> noticed this when I saw the same barrel for sale in a catalog, and
> also at the local wine hobby store. I called brute myself and asked
> them. They assured me that the barrels at lowes are the same AND food
> grade. The trick is that the only ones that are food grade are gray,
> white and yellow ones (I believe). I have a gray one. I put a large
> spigot in the bottom.
> Marc
>
> On Apr 23, 7:06 pm, Wayne Harris > wrote:

> > > They sell large plastic food grade inserts here for trash cans but I
> > > am talking about huge clear plastic bags; we called them body bags
> > > because they were 6 feet long... Industrial supply places sell them.
> > > They are pretty heavy grade plastic.

> > > Joe- Hide quoted text -

> > I *think* i know what you mean. We call them "contractor bags"
> > hmmm,,, mental wheels are turning here....

> > I saw the food grade HDPE primaries on the morewine.com site, they
> > are perfect. Its just that the shipping costs are outragous.

> > 24 buckets are a little (not much) more expensive, but the shipping
> > costs are within reason. (And, my poor back can move these around)

> > I'm really not sure what to do here. I've been thinking about this
> > for about 6 months, and really, i'm still not any closer to a
> > decision.

> > Its funny you know,
> > I've found a way to make my rather talkitive wife clam up. Sometimes
> > my wife will ask me over dinner; "You seem distracted honey, what's
> > wrong?" then I'd say something like "the acidity in this batch is
> > off, and I'm not sure what to do", or, I need to figure a way to press
> > next falls grapes better" or I need a better process for monitoring
> > MLF"
> > -End of conversation- ;-)

> > This really is one of those things that i do still ponder, and don't
> > know exactly how i'm going to proceed.- Hide quoted text -

Well, if you can go bigger and don't need a liner, all the better.
You can keep more of the heat of fermentation in a bigger barrel and
pull a little more color than using the 5's. We can buy used food
grade barrels here. I would rather punch down 3 or 4 barrels than
25.... You could built a platform to raise them up but most people
use a bucket to pull it over to the press.

Joe

Joe
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Apr 24, 8:11*am, "bobdrob" > wrote:
> A food grade barrel will say so on the bottom somewhere. It's usually
> accompanied by the NSF logo (National Sanitation Foundation.) NSF is to food
> handling products as UL is to electrical. *We chefs & bakers have long used
> Brutes for food storage. *Your local restaurant supplier ought to carry food
> grade barrels in sizes from 10 gals. up to 55's. * HTH. * regards, *bob.
>
> > wrote in message

> Wayne,
> In fact, the HDPE Brute barrels at lowe's are indeed food grade. *I
> noticed this when I saw the same barrel for sale in a catalog, and
> also at the local wine hobby store. *I called brute myself and asked
> them. *They assured me that the barrels at lowes are the same AND food
> grade. *The trick is that the only ones that are food grade are gray,
> white and yellow ones (I believe). *I have a gray one. I put a large
> spigot in the bottom.
> Marc
>
> On Apr 23, 7:06 pm, Wayne Harris > wrote:

> > > They sell large plastic food grade inserts here for trash cans but I
> > > am talking about huge clear plastic bags; we called them body bags
> > > because they were 6 feet long... Industrial supply places sell them.
> > > They are pretty heavy grade plastic.

> > > Joe- Hide quoted text -

> > I *think* i know what you mean. We call them "contractor bags"
> > hmmm,,, mental wheels are turning here....

> > I saw the food grade HDPE primaries on the morewine.com site, they
> > are perfect. Its just that the shipping costs are outragous.

> > 24 buckets are a little (not much) more expensive, but the shipping
> > costs are within reason. (And, my poor back can move these around)

> > I'm really not sure what to do here. I've been thinking about this
> > for about 6 months, and really, i'm still not any closer to a
> > decision.

> > Its funny you know,
> > I've found a way to make my rather talkitive wife clam up. Sometimes
> > my wife will ask me over dinner; "You seem distracted honey, what's
> > wrong?" then I'd say something like "the acidity in this batch is
> > off, and I'm not sure what to do", or, I need to figure a way to press
> > next falls grapes better" or I need a better process for monitoring
> > MLF"
> > -End of conversation- ;-)

> > This really is one of those things that i do still ponder, and don't
> > know exactly how i'm going to proceed.- Hide quoted text -

I just got back from Lowes. The Brute 44 Gallon gray barrels are
LDPE.
They were the only ones there. I will look online...
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Wayne Harris wrote:

> On Apr 24, 8:11*am, "bobdrob"
> > wrote:
>> A food grade barrel will say so on the bottom
>> somewhere. It's usually accompanied by the NSF
>> logo (National Sanitation Foundation.) NSF is
>> to food handling products as UL is to
>> electrical. *We chefs & bakers have long used
>> Brutes for food storage. *Your local restaurant
>> supplier ought to carry food grade barrels in
>> sizes from 10 gals. up to 55's. * HTH. *
>> regards, *bob.
>>
>> > wrote in message

>> Wayne,
>> In fact, the HDPE Brute barrels at lowe's are
>> indeed food grade. *I noticed this when I saw
>> the same barrel for sale in a catalog, and also
>> at the local wine hobby store. *I called brute
>> myself and asked them. *They assured me that
>> the barrels at lowes are the same AND food
>> grade. *The trick is that the only ones that
>> are food grade are gray, white and yellow ones
>> (I believe). *I have a gray one. I put a large
>> spigot in the bottom. Marc
>>
>> On Apr 23, 7:06 pm, Wayne Harris
>> > wrote:
>>

>> > On Apr 23, 5:51 pm, Joe Sallustio

>http://morewinemaking.com/view_product/19680/103207

>> > I *think* i know what you mean. We call them
>> > "contractor bags" hmmm,,, mental wheels are
>> > turning here....

>> > I saw the food grade HDPE primaries on the
>> > morewine.com site, they are perfect. Its just
>> > that the shipping costs are outragous.

>> > 24 buckets are a little (not much) more
>> > expensive, but the shipping costs are within
>> > reason. (And, my poor back can move these
>> > around)

>> > I'm really not sure what to do here. I've
>> > been thinking about this for about 6 months,
>> > and really, i'm still not any closer to a
>> > decision.

>> > Its funny you know,
>> > I've found a way to make my rather talkitive
>> > wife clam up. Sometimes my wife will ask me
>> > over dinner; "You seem distracted honey,
>> > what's wrong?" then I'd say something like
>> > "the acidity in this batch is off, and I'm
>> > not sure what to do", or, I need to figure a
>> > way to press next falls grapes better" or I
>> > need a better process for monitoring MLF"
>> > -End of conversation- ;-)

>> > This really is one of those things that i do
>> > still ponder, and don't know exactly how i'm
>> > going to proceed.- Hide quoted text -

> I just got back from Lowes. The Brute 44 Gallon
> gray barrels are LDPE.
> They were the only ones there. I will look
> online...

Check out
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/def...ookie%5Ftest=1

They will also send you a print catalog.
They have a LOT of HDPE products and a lot of
different items. I have had good service with
them and they ship VERY promptly. They have
technical people that can handle your questions
and tell you exactly which products are suitable
for making wine if you should have any questions.
The print catalog also lists the specs for each
product.

I could do without the religious stuff they send
with the order though.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Apr 26, 4:54*pm, "Paul E. Lehmann" > wrote:
> Wayne Harris wrote:
> > On Apr 24, 8:11*am, "bobdrob"
> > > wrote:
> >> A food grade barrel will say so on the bottom
> >> somewhere. It's usually accompanied by the NSF
> >> logo (National Sanitation Foundation.) NSF is
> >> to food handling products as UL is to
> >> electrical. *We chefs & bakers have long used
> >> Brutes for food storage. *Your local restaurant
> >> supplier ought to carry food grade barrels in
> >> sizes from 10 gals. up to 55's. * HTH. *
> >> regards, *bob.

> >> Wayne,
> >> In fact, the HDPE Brute barrels at lowe's are
> >> indeed food grade. *I noticed this when I saw
> >> the same barrel for sale in a catalog, and also
> >> at the local wine hobby store. *I called brute
> >> myself and asked them. *They assured me that
> >> the barrels at lowes are the same AND food
> >> grade. *The trick is that the only ones that
> >> are food grade are gray, white and yellow ones
> >> (I believe). *I have a gray one. I put a large
> >> spigot in the bottom. Marc

> >> On Apr 23, 7:06 pm, Wayne Harris

> >http://morewinemaking.com/view_product/19680/103207

> > I just got back from Lowes. *The Brute 44 Gallon
> > gray barrels are LDPE.
> > They were the only ones there. *I will look
> > online...

> Check outhttp://www.usplastic.com/catalog/default.asp?cookie%5Ftest=1
>
> They will also send you a print catalog.
> They have a LOT of HDPE products and a lot of
> different items. *I have had good service with
> them and they ship VERY promptly. *They have
> technical people that can handle your questions
> and tell you exactly which products are suitable
> for making wine if you should have any questions.
> The print catalog also lists the specs for each
> product.
>
> I could do without the religious stuff they send
> with the order though.- Hide quoted text -

This is a related thread that closes the deal for me.

I can sell plastic stackable open-top primary fermentation barrel to
the spouse. ( i can tuck these away in the off-season)

I still have an oak barrel restriction for our basement, and thus,
have a growing glass carboy collection.

http://www.winepress.us/forums/index...howtopic=10699

Thanks much to all that responded.

PIC's: Cheese after pressing I'm back on the laptop General Cooking 4 03-04-2012 05:29 PM
pressing chokecherries pheasant16 Winemaking 2 05-08-2010 02:55 AM
Pressing Apples pheasant Preserving 1 05-09-2008 09:43 AM
set rules on pressing ? [email protected] Winemaking 3 01-10-2007 10:28 PM
pressing hard Dan Emerson Winemaking 4 30-04-2004 11:38 PM