Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default The importance of pectic enzyme

Every winemaking book describes the use of pecto-enzymes.

And of course I used it in all my fruit-wines.
But I never really SAW the advantage of using these enzymes.

So I conducted an experiment which I all urge you to do yourself.
It is also a great demonstration at a wine-makers or guild meeting.
it easily shows to all new-bies what the advantages are of a well conducted
use of pecto enzymes.

Take a jar of apple sauce.
Look at the substance.
Now add some pecto enzymes
Shake well and put in a warm place.
Look again after a few hours.

You can find the pictures at my web-log:
http://www.wijnmaker.blogspot.com/

Have fun,
Luc Volders

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Luc Volders > wrote:

> Every winemaking book describes the use of pecto-enzymes.
>
> And of course I used it in all my fruit-wines.
> But I never really SAW the advantage of using these enzymes.
>
> So I conducted an experiment which I all urge you to do yourself.
> It is also a great demonstration at a wine-makers or guild meeting.
> it easily shows to all new-bies what the advantages are of a well
> conducted use of pecto enzymes.
>
> You can find the pictures at my web-log:
> http://www.wijnmaker.blogspot.com/

I am impressed and I thank you.
Question: Is the warmth necessary?

Dick

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

The warmth is absolutely necessary.
Pectin enzymes are best kept in the cold for storage (like in the fridge)
They will come in action in a modest temperature like
20 to 35 degrees celsius. The warmer the faster they will work
but at a to hot temperature they will disintegrate and stop functioning.

As a matter of fact I have made several other experiments with these
enzymes which will follow later in my web-log.

Luc Volders

--
http://www.wijnmaker.blogspot.com/

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Nice blog Luc - thanks for the link

Particularly appreciate the English version - was struggling trying to
figure out what the heck was what!

On 2008-02-01 15:56:14 -0800, Luc Volders > said:

> Every winemaking book describes the use of pecto-enzymes.
>
> And of course I used it in all my fruit-wines.
> But I never really SAW the advantage of using these enzymes.
>
> So I conducted an experiment which I all urge you to do yourself.
> It is also a great demonstration at a wine-makers or guild meeting.
> it easily shows to all new-bies what the advantages are of a well conducted
> use of pecto enzymes.
>
> Take a jar of apple sauce.
> Look at the substance.
> Now add some pecto enzymes
> Shake well and put in a warm place.
> Look again after a few hours.
>
> You can find the pictures at my web-log:
> http://www.wijnmaker.blogspot.com/
>
> Have fun,
> Luc Volders

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Luc Volders" > wrote in message
> Every winemaking book describes the use of pecto-enzymes.
>
> And of course I used it in all my fruit-wines.
> But I never really SAW the advantage of using these enzymes.
>
> So I conducted an experiment which I all urge you to do yourself.
> It is also a great demonstration at a wine-makers or guild meeting.
> it easily shows to all new-bies what the advantages are of a well
> conducted
> use of pecto enzymes.
>
> Take a jar of apple sauce.
> Look at the substance.
> Now add some pecto enzymes
> Shake well and put in a warm place.
> Look again after a few hours.
>
> You can find the pictures at my web-log:
> http://www.wijnmaker.blogspot.com/
>
> Have fun,
> Luc Volders

Thank you for the nice demonstration Luc.
Lum

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Coming from the one who wrote a highly
recommended book on winemaking I can only say
I am honored.

Thanks.
Luc

--
http://www.wijnmaker.blogspot.com/

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Feb 11, 1:01*am, Luc Volders > wrote:
> Coming from the one who wrote a highly
> recommended book on winemaking I can only say
> I am honored.
>
> Thanks.
> Luc
>

> Lum Eisenman wrote:
>
> > "Luc Volders" > wrote in message
> . ..
> >> Every winemaking book describes the use of pecto-enzymes.

> >> And of course I used it in all my fruit-wines.
> >> But I never really SAW the advantage of using these enzymes.

> >> So I conducted an experiment which I all urge you to do yourself.
> >> It is also a great demonstration at a wine-makers or guild meeting.
> >> it easily shows to all new-bies what the advantages are of a well
> >> conducted
> >> use of pecto enzymes.

> >> Take a jar of apple sauce.
> >> Look at the substance.
> >> Now add some pecto enzymes
> >> Shake well and put in a warm place.
> >> Look again after a few hours.

> >> You can find the pictures at my web-log:
> >>http://www.wijnmaker.blogspot.com/

> >> Have fun,
> >> Luc Volders

> > Thank you for the nice demonstration Luc.
> > Lum

> --http://www.wijnmaker.blogspot.com/- Hide quoted text -

Luc,
It's very cool work, thanks for sharing.

Joe