Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Chilean grape juice

Some time ago someone wrote about buying 5-gals
of Chilean Grape juice for $50. There is a
vinyard that sells it, but it is out of season.

What I'd like to know has the juice been mixed
with water to make must or is this filtered
straight from the vat? If the latter, does
anyone have a clue as to its SG?

Dick
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I am in NJ and can get Chilean, California and Italian juice and grapes.
Chilean juice is only available in the spring as that is when the grapes are
harvested.

--

Home of the
MOON RIVER BREWERY

"Dick Adams" > wrote in message
> Some time ago someone wrote about buying 5-gals
> of Chilean Grape juice for $50. There is a
> vinyard that sells it, but it is out of season.
>
> What I'd like to know has the juice been mixed
> with water to make must or is this filtered
> straight from the vat? If the latter, does
> anyone have a clue as to its SG?
>
> Dick

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Tom wrote:

> I am in NJ and can get Chilean, California and
> Italian juice and grapes. Chilean juice is only
> available in the spring as that is when the
> grapes are harvested.

Where do you get the Chilean and Italian grapes.
I live in North Central Maryland but a trip up
there might be worth it sometime. I am looking
for a red that is NOT high brix like most of the
Central Valley, CA grapes that are sold through
produce distributors such as S&S in Baltimore
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Paul E. Lehmann > wrote:
> Tom wrote:

>> I am in NJ and can get Chilean, California and
>> Italian juice and grapes. Chilean juice is only
>> available in the spring as that is when the
>> grapes are harvested.
>>

>Where do you get the Chilean and Italian grapes.
>I live in North Central Maryland but a trip up
>there might be worth it sometime. I am looking
>for a red that is NOT high brix like most of the
>Central Valley, CA grapes that are sold through
>produce distributors such as S&S in Baltimore

Harford Vineyard
1311 W. Jarrettsville Rd.
Forest Hill, MD. 21050
443-495-1699

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Tom > wrote:

> I am in NJ and can get Chilean, California and Italian
> juice and grapes. Chilean juice is only available in
> the spring as that is when the grapes are harvested.

I realize it is not available now. What I'd like to
know is the BRIX or the SG of the juice.

Dick