Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default tilted wine rack

Hello....planning on putting a small wine cellar in the former cold
storage room. I always thought bottles were kept at an angle. I was
considering racks angled one inch lower towards the back wall...to
keep the bottles in place and moisture on the cork...that is the heel
of the bottle facing outwards. Nothing I can find searching the web
cofirms this. Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.

CB

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Try COSTCO. I just bought a 4'w X4'H X 18" deep for $39. 1st 4 shelves hold
96 bottles and top can be used for serving (has a wood top)
Tom

--

Home of the
MOON RIVER BREWERY
> wrote in message
ps.com...
> Hello....planning on putting a small wine cellar in the former cold
> storage room. I always thought bottles were kept at an angle. I was
> considering racks angled one inch lower towards the back wall...to
> keep the bottles in place and moisture on the cork...that is the heel
> of the bottle facing outwards. Nothing I can find searching the web
> cofirms this. Any ideas or recommendations would be appreciated.
>
> CB

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I believe that most wine racks simply have the bottle lying
horizontal. Can;t think of any reason to have the bottle neck slanted
down greater than horizontal.

In article
om>anneandroc@hotmail

--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 74 days.
You should really try it!

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
pp pp is offline

On Aug 7, 12:43 pm, AxisOfBeagles > wrote:
> I believe that most wine racks simply have the bottle lying
> horizontal. Can;t think of any reason to have the bottle neck slanted
> down greater than horizontal.

There is no difference for the wine, but it could give you more
stability if the bottles are laid in rows on top of each other.

Pp

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

> There is no difference for the wine, but it could give you more
> stability if the bottles are laid in rows on top of each other.
>
> Pp

Agreed. Level is fine unless you decide to use Burgundy or Hock
bottles. Hock bottles are not very stable unless interleaved point to
point. If i had it to do again i would have made by racks 18" deep so
I could interleave everything. The cork will stay wet level.

Joe