Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Cold stabilization time

Hello,

Been awhile since I posted to this group, but I see a lot of the same
experts are still here. I've been pretty busy lately and have left
last fall's wine in the carboys (I have racked 3 times, however, so no
problems there). Now I am cold stabilizing and want to drop some
tartaric since I added a little too much to the grapes in the
beginning of fermentation due to an incorrect TA reading. I know the
cold will drop only a small percentage.

I have the Syrah at 27F. How long do I need to keep it there to drop
out as much tartaric as possible. These wine carboys are tying up my
beer fridge and I would like to keep them there for the minimum amount
of time necessary.

Thanks,
Miker

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Hmmm ... not sure of 'minimum' time - but I usally keep my white wines
refrigerated at about 28 for 2 weeks. Seems to do the trick.

In article . com>

--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 54 days.
You should really try it!

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Is it possible to cold stabilize too long???
Like months

Cold Stabilization Pino Winemaking 2 26-12-2006 11:19 AM
Cold Stabilization Rob Winemaking 3 28-11-2006 04:38 PM
Cold stabilization at 37F - Useful or waste of time??? Charles E Winemaking 9 08-12-2005 11:58 AM
Cold stabilization Weez Winemaking 3 03-12-2004 12:57 AM
Cold stabilization Michael Brill Winemaking 8 29-01-2004 08:44 PM