FoodBanter.com

-   -   Some good wine (https://www.foodbanter.com/wine/98901-some-good-wine.html)

Wine Hedonist 16-08-2006 06:18 AM

Some good wine

www.dejavuvineyards.com

Manny

[email protected] 16-08-2006 11:13 AM

Some good wine

Wine Hedonist wrote:
> www.dejavuvineyards.com
>

> Manny

that is a really hellish website ...

the oposite of the feeling one gets from a nice glass of vino.

Tao.... (i sent them a little message politely asking them to quit the
hellish racket)

Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_2_] 16-08-2006 04:20 PM

Some good wine

> skrev i meddelandet
oups.com...

> Wine Hedonist wrote:
>> www.dejavuvineyards.com
>>

>> Manny

> that is a really hellish website ...
>
> the oposite of the feeling one gets from a nice glass of vino.

First web site I have found where the text comes out as white on white.
Cute, not.

Cheers

Nils Gustaf

Dave Allison 16-08-2006 10:32 PM

Some good wine

haha. yes. I had to highlight the text to read it.
wonder what the wine tastes like? hahaha

--
DAve

Wine Hedonist 17-08-2006 01:55 AM

Some good wine

I dont know what sort of computers you are using but this website is
white on black, at least it is on my computer and i have windows XP,
what are you on webtv or something. I dont have the best of vision, but
it is plenty easy for me to read, so i dont understand what you must be
seeing. It is a beautiful website, at least the site that i see when i
type in that url. I would love to see what you people are seeing.

You people obviously have no taste whatsoever, not in music nor in what
is pleasing aesthetically. I doubt you would enjoy their superior wine
either. Just thought I would give everyone here a treat as the wine is
sensational.

Manny

Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] 17-08-2006 06:29 AM

Some good wine

"Wine Hedonist" > skrev i meddelandet
ps.com...
>I dont know what sort of computers you are using but this website is
> white on black, at least it is on my computer and i have windows XP,
> what are you on webtv or something. I dont have the best of vision, but
> it is plenty easy for me to read, so i dont understand what you must be
> seeing. It is a beautiful website, at least the site that i see when i
> type in that url. I would love to see what you people are seeing.
>
> You people obviously have no taste whatsoever, not in music nor in what
> is pleasing aesthetically. I doubt you would enjoy their superior wine
> either. Just thought I would give everyone here a treat as the wine is
> sensational.

For your information, I have a Compaq, I run XP, I use a Firefox browser,
and with this equipment the text is white on white, unless you highlight the
text.

The problem would obviously be in a developer not having tested the site in
a number of browser - a substantial number of users would rather croak than
use IE6. As for the music, I have the speakers turned off so I make no
judgement on that.

Cheers

Nils Gustaf

--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

Wine Hedonist 17-08-2006 08:50 AM

Some good wine

Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:
> "Wine Hedonist" > skrev i meddelandet
> ps.com...
> >I dont know what sort of computers you are using but this website is
> > white on black, at least it is on my computer and i have windows XP,
> > what are you on webtv or something. I dont have the best of vision, but
> > it is plenty easy for me to read, so i dont understand what you must be
> > seeing. It is a beautiful website, at least the site that i see when i
> > type in that url. I would love to see what you people are seeing.
> >
> > You people obviously have no taste whatsoever, not in music nor in what
> > is pleasing aesthetically. I doubt you would enjoy their superior wine
> > either. Just thought I would give everyone here a treat as the wine is
> > sensational.

> For your information, I have a Compaq, I run XP, I use a Firefox browser,
> and with this equipment the text is white on white, unless you highlight the
> text.
>
> The problem would obviously be in a developer not having tested the site in
> a number of browser - a substantial number of users would rather croak than
> use IE6. As for the music, I have the speakers turned off so I make no
> judgement on that.
>
> Cheers
>
> Nils Gustaf
>

> --
> Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

That is really strange because I have seen this site several times and
it is white on black on my computer which is a ThinkPad with windows
XP, and its always been white on black and very, very clear, and a
really cool looking site. I wonder why we are seeing different things,
this is really really odd. I wonder if the owners of this site know
people are seeing it differently? Odd indeed. Sorry to have been rude,
but i just couldnt believe what you guys were saying, and like i said
the wine is super, and the site looks great on my pc. Mmmmmmmmmmmm...

Manny

Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_2_] 17-08-2006 11:54 AM

Some good wine

No hard feelings.
You may be interested to Žknow that today the site is down. Some
re-designing taking place, perhaps.

Cheers

Nils Gusatf

Wine Hedonist 20-08-2006 06:35 AM

Some good wine

Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:
> No hard feelings.
> You may be interested to Žknow that today the site is down. Some
> re-designing taking place, perhaps.
>
> Cheers
>
> Nils Gusatf

I cant believe that DejaVu is down. I wish i had seen it the way you
guys had seen it. I feel lousy i was putting in a good word about the
place, when something must have happened to the website. I never saw it
the way you saw it, Nils or the others. When i went there last, it was
up and looking great, but now its completely down as you say. I think
Ill give them a call on Monday and see what is going on. I hope its
nothing serious, there is no way they would go out of business, too
good for that. Sorry again i was rude, i just didnt know what you
people were seeing and couldnt believe anyone saw some ugly website, it
didnt make sense to me, still doesnt as i never saw it, LOL.

Manny