Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Lascombes drinking window?

A bottle of Chateau Lascombes 2002 entered my possession today. I'm not
very familiar/knowledgeable with Bordeauxs, so have no real idea as to
how long it should be stored for and what the best time is for drinking
it.

Any help?

Cheers,

Salil

Posted to alt.food.wine

Salil wrote:
> A bottle of Chateau Lascombes 2002 entered my possession today. I'm not
> very familiar/knowledgeable with Bordeauxs, so have no real idea as to
> how long it should be stored for and what the best time is for drinking
> it.

Salil,
Lascombes is made in an "International" style (soft tannins, 100% new
oak) and '02 was a good year in Bordeaux. From the notes published on
Cellartracker (http://www.cellartracker.com/wine.asp?iWine=18529) it
appears that it'll be a few more years before it's ready (2008-2021, but
take that latter value with a heaping spoonful of salt).

HTH
Mark Lipton

2003 Chteau La Tour Carnet drinking window santiago Wine 2 18-12-2014 05:53 PM
Drinking window for B.V. Clone 4 and Beringer Private Reserve Cab. Michael Nielsen[_4_] Wine 1 22-07-2014 08:09 PM
window of yuanyang 志忠 刀 Asian Cooking 0 03-11-2011 04:02 PM
TN: Chateau Lascombes 1975 and Talley 1991 Chardonnay cwdjrxyz Wine 2 03-01-2011 10:40 PM
TN: Chateau Lascombes 1966 cwdjrxyz Wine 0 03-07-2010 06:36 AM