Posted to alt.food.wine

Default A question about champagne? Pol Roger 1990 Brut Chardonnay

Hello,
I came across a 1990 Pol Roger Brut Chardonnay today when I was at the
store. I can not find any mention of this bottle anywhere on the net.
Does anyone know how much a bottle like this would fetch? They have it
listed at the same price as the 1998 Pol Roger Extra Cuvee de Reserve.
I was always under the impression that 1990 was a great year for
champagne....

Posted to alt.food.wine

Prices seem to range from $80-120.
I recently had this. Apparently I didn't list the "brut chardonnay",
just as a blanc de blanc,

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...5806423975da56

Douglas Calvert wrote:
> Hello,
> I came across a 1990 Pol Roger Brut Chardonnay today when I was at the
> store. I can not find any mention of this bottle anywhere on the net.
> Does anyone know how much a bottle like this would fetch? They have it
> listed at the same price as the 1998 Pol Roger Extra Cuvee de Reserve.
> I was always under the impression that 1990 was a great year for
> champagne....

Posted to alt.food.wine

Wasn't Pol Roger the juice Winston used to gargle with. IIRC vintage Pol was
yeasty and fat---properly stored it could give pleasure for 4 decades, 2
more decades if you are from the U.K.
"DaleW" > wrote in message
ups.com...
> Prices seem to range from $80-120.
> I recently had this. Apparently I didn't list the "brut chardonnay",
> just as a blanc de blanc,

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.f...5806423975da56

> Douglas Calvert wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I came across a 1990 Pol Roger Brut Chardonnay today when I was at the
> > store. I can not find any mention of this bottle anywhere on the net.
> > Does anyone know how much a bottle like this would fetch? They have it
> > listed at the same price as the 1998 Pol Roger Extra Cuvee de Reserve.
> > I was always under the impression that 1990 was a great year for
> > champagne....

Posted to alt.food.wine

"Joe \"Beppe\"Rosenberg" > wrote:

> IIRC vintage Pol [Roger] was yeasty and fat---properly stored it
> could give pleasure for 4 decades, 2 more decades if you are
> from the U.K.

;-)

M.
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Joe "Beppe"Rosenberg" wrote .....

That will be *Sir Winston* to you, you irreverant ex-colonial **** !!!!!

> Properly stored it could give pleasure for 4 decades,
> 2 more decades if you are from the U.K.

Very much correct - the 1945 Champagnes are still drinking very well!!!!!

--
Lord St.Helier; (VW & Bar; DCM; )