Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Loire wine with a Scallop/Shrimp dinner

Today is the first day of Spring Break.

My wife celebrated by making a Dinner of Tuscan Salad ("Spring Mix" greens
with chunks of coarse bread, artichoke herart, mozarella balls, tomatoes,
cucumber, and green onions in a vinagrette dressing), couscous with garlic
cloves, and Scallop & Shrimp cooked in olive oil, butter, & reisling with
cilantro and salt.

Served with a Loire wine, (Pardon the difficulty deciphering the label)

Touraine
Sauvignon
Les Gourmets

Nice dry tart white with grapefruit and (in my opinion, my wife, who has a
better nose than me, disagrees) hints of peach.

Lovely with the dinner.

B/A- pvr (at the sale price of 6.99 US)
Posted to alt.food.wine

Jim Lovejoy > wrote in
:

> Today is the first day of Spring Break.
>
> My wife celebrated by making a Dinner of Tuscan Salad ("Spring Mix"
> greens with chunks of coarse bread, artichoke herart, mozarella balls,
> tomatoes, cucumber, and green onions in a vinagrette dressing),
> couscous with garlic cloves, and Scallop & Shrimp cooked in olive oil,
> butter, & reisling with cilantro and salt.
>
> Served with a Loire wine, (Pardon the difficulty deciphering the
> label)
>
> Touraine
> Sauvignon
> Les Gourmets
>
> Nice dry tart white with grapefruit and (in my opinion, my wife, who
> has a better nose than me, disagrees) hints of peach.
>
> Lovely with the dinner.
>
> B/A- pvr (at the sale price of 6.99 US)

Interestingly enough my wife and I had scallops for dinner as well, we
had a 2002 Sancerre from Giton Pere et Fils also a Suvignon Blanc and
yes the Grapefruit is a part of the SB portfolio along with some
herbaceous notes more likely to be found in the Sancerre. Give yourself
a pat on the nose, peach is unlikely in a SB more likely in a Viognier
or Rousanne from the Rhone.

I am a bit surprised by SB in the Touraine as I thought most of their
whites were from the Chenin Blanc but c'est la vie!

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations