Posted to alt.food.wine

Default CdL demi-sec?

Just received the yearly offer of home delivery from Dom d'Ambinos,
the fine producer of Coteaux du Layon. Basically they make a tour
of Normandy every spring to save us lazies a trip down there, and
to keep the price down if we want it shipped.

This year they list a CdL demi-sec '05 for the princely sum of
5.40 EU. I don't recall ever seeing a demi-sec from this appellation
before. Anyone had one, who can tell me what to expect? (This
is a "buy without tasting" situation, but of course I have every
confidence in this excellent house).

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Posted to alt.food.wine

I've never had a CdL labeled demi-sec, but I've had CdLs that I THOUGHT
should be labeled ds.
A bitch when you were opening for dessert.

I'd assume that a demi-sec CdL would show similarly to an off-dry
Savennieres like the Baumard Trie Speciale. Nice for spicier food.

Posted to alt.food.wine

This labelling issue is a frustrating one. I've had CdL with no
designation that was quite sweet, and a Moelleux that was totally dry.
Same problem with Vouvray and Montlouis. I had a Francois Chidane
Montlouis Clos-somethingorother with no designation that was a true
dessert wine and another that was dry. Why can't winegrowers simply
label %RS on the bottle? Or have a few hundred legal designations like
Ze Germans?
P.S. the last corked bottle I opened was a Pichot Vouvray Moelleux 1996
just this week. Dammit I hate cork!!!

[TN] '08 Huet Le Mont demi-sec Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 4 29-08-2012 03:59 PM
Demi glace cheats Portland General Cooking 0 08-01-2011 12:15 AM
Demi-glace Goomba[_2_] General Cooking 11 17-12-2010 06:15 PM
Demi-Glace Daisy General Cooking 25 04-08-2005 03:20 AM
Demi Glace... Now What? Tank General Cooking 6 28-10-2003 02:36 AM