Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 1000 Angels, Bojo Chardonnay

Thursday Betsy made a shellfish stew, and we opened the 2004 Terres
Dorees (JP Brun) Beaujolais Blanc. Nice lighter Chardonnay without any
apparent oak, clean apple fruit. Doesn't quite have that chalky
just-this-side of Chablis minerality that the 2002 had, but a nice
quaff. B

Friday Betsy made chicken with prunes, preceded by a starter of kale
and parmesan over toast. I opened a 2000 Chateau Mille Anges "Mozart"
(Premieres Cotes de Bordeaux). Only the name is a prodigy. Ripe rounded
red plum fruit, a light hint of vanilla, a bit short on the finish.
Nothing offensive here, but nothing distinctive either- if you had
served me blind and told me it was a Chilean or Umbrian Merlot, I would
have nodded sagely in agreement. I don't remember buying this (perhaps
a host gift?) , but if under $10 I guess this offers ok qpr, over $10
I'd rather have something a bit more Bordeaux-ish. B-

Posted to alt.food.wine

Thanks for the note on the Bojo blanc. It is reading notes on wines
such as this that makes me long for home from time to time. I get a
great selection of many things in Tokyo, but there is no analogue to
CSW or such.

Funny thing -- Your palate and Jay Miller's palate both ring true as
being in synch with mine. I look out for notes from each of you. In
the last day or so, Jay posted a very positive note on the same wine --
but noted that it was more minerally than the '02. Funny how even very
similar (and very acute) palates differ, isn't it? Part of what makes
wine endlessly fascinating.

Hope all is well and please say hello to Betsy for me.

Jim

Posted to alt.food.wine

I rate Jay's palate highly too, but that doesn't fit with my memory
(and I told him so). Wish I had a bottle of the 2002 left to try them
side by side.
Will say hi to Betsy for you.

US Navy Blue Angels Lou Decruss General Cooking 0 24-02-2010 04:57 PM
Blue Angels Sheldon General Cooking 0 19-02-2008 07:49 PM
Jiggles, and I don't mean Charlie's Angels... Bob (this one) General Cooking 0 16-02-2006 02:02 PM
What did GOD and the ANGELS eat before humans were created ??? Eliot Coweye Historic 5 14-12-2005 04:04 PM