Posted to alt.food.wine

Default stelvin, yes I do

Just caught myself putting the cap back on the bottle. it is soooooo easy.

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Posted to alt.food.wine

Spent last Monday afternoon with the winemaker at Chalone giving me an
earful about how much he hates corks and wishes that California wines
had never gone to them in the first place. He would love to switch to
Stelvin or screwcaps if the new owners approve.

In article >, (Hunt) wrote:

> In article 6>,

says...

http://www.josephcoulter.com/

> As I stated in the earlier thread, I do the same thing. Also, after that
> thread, I realized that I also stick the vac-u-vin stopper back into the
> bottle, give it few quick pumps, even if I plan on finishing the bottle that
> evening! Habit, I guess.
>
> Hunt

Posted to alt.food.wine

Interesting opinions this guy gave me. He was really quite talkative for
a winemaker but Chalone is so remote I don't think they get many
visitors in the winter months. He felt that California wines went to
corks in the 70's to upgrade the image from the old jug wine Swiss
Colony/Gallo era so they wanted to make their wines appear as upscale as
possible to justify charging $3 more per bottle. There has been a a
hate/hate (no love) relationship with corks in California since.

In article >,
"Anders Tørneskog" > wrote:

> "Lawrence Leichtman" > skrev i melding
> > Spent last Monday afternoon with the winemaker at Chalone giving me an
> > earful about how much he hates corks and wishes that California wines
> > had never gone to them in the first place. He would love to switch to
> > Stelvin or screwcaps if the new owners approve.
> >

> Had a screwcap wine last Saturday.
> It was gone bad...
> It almost tasted corked to me, but the seller sniffed it and said 'oxidized
> and yeasty' - yes, poor capping. Take care that those caps are well
> 'screwed'!
> Anders

Your best Stelvin suggestions, please Vincent Wine 0 16-01-2005 06:40 PM
Stelvin Ron Lel Wine 6 16-05-2004 09:25 PM
stelvin Neil R. Wine 0 16-05-2004 12:17 AM
Stelvin or not? Ron Lel Wine 58 18-02-2004 02:57 PM
Stelvin or not? Ron Lel Wine 1 10-02-2004 08:28 AM