Posted to alt.food.wine
AyTee

Default Loupiac?

Anybody know from Loupiac? Bought a 375 of 1999 Chateau
Loupiac-Gaudiet. I am unfamiliar with this appellation and so I wanted
to try it as it was not expensive for a Bordeaux dessert wine. To my
nose it has almond and honeysuckle with maybe a bit of pear.

I am curious about others' experience and knowledge of this wine or
other Loupiacs.

Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW

Ste.Croix du Mont and Loupiac can be good deals in good vintages (I've
never had a Cadillac, the third of the "lesser sticky" appelations,
that really impressed me). They're not the equivalent of a top
Sauternes- the best ones I've had reminded me of a 2nd (or more
accurately 3rd) tier Sauternes/Barsac. But they can offer fine value
(I remember an '83 Loupiac that I picked up at $6/375 that was quite
nice). Vintages seem to mostly mirror Sauternes.

Posted to alt.food.wine
Joe \Beppe\Rosenberg

If you can find Loupiac in a year blessed by the noble mold, its quite a
bargain--normal years at the price level Vouvray is better, IMHO
"DaleW" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Ste.Croix du Mont and Loupiac can be good deals in good vintages (I've
> never had a Cadillac, the third of the "lesser sticky" appelations,
> that really impressed me). They're not the equivalent of a top
> Sauternes- the best ones I've had reminded me of a 2nd (or more
> accurately 3rd) tier Sauternes/Barsac. But they can offer fine value
> (I remember an '83 Loupiac that I picked up at $6/375 that was quite
> nice). Vintages seem to mostly mirror Sauternes.

Posted to alt.food.wine
AyTee

Thanks to Joe and Dale for your replies. It does indeed remind me of a
lesser Sauterne (the only kind I have experience with). I consider it
worth the US$10.95 I paid -- enjoyable but not a life-changing event
:-).