Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking
Luther Bell

Default Recycling Used Wine Bottles

Hello, I have a lot of used wine bottles sitting around and I'm trying to
come up with various craft ideas to do with the bottles. So far all I've
come up with is making a wall out of the bottles, but that's it. Does
anyone else have any ideas for what to do with old wine bottles???
-Luther

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking
Rick Brandt

Luther Bell wrote:
> Hello, I have a lot of used wine bottles sitting around and I'm
> trying to come up with various craft ideas to do with the bottles. So far all
> I've come up with is making a wall out of the bottles, but
> that's it. Does anyone else have any ideas for what to do with old
> wine bottles??? -Luther

Fill them with new wine!

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking

Funny that.

I'm downstairs Right Now cleaning wine bottles. If you have good
empties and care to donate them to someone in Rochester, NY.... and if
they're 'decent' bottles without those **** metallic labels, I could
very well take'm for ya. I'll craft them nice and carefully

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking
gene

Luther Bell wrote:
> Hello, I have a lot of used wine bottles sitting around and I'm trying to
> come up with various craft ideas to do with the bottles. So far all I've
> come up with is making a wall out of the bottles, but that's it. Does
> anyone else have any ideas for what to do with old wine bottles???
> -Luther

I've seen them heated on their side until they sag... then used a spoon
holder kinda trivet.
Posted to alt.food.wine
bitbucket

On Sun, 1 Jan 2006 18:28:17 -0600, Luther Bell > wrote:
| Hello, I have a lot of used wine bottles sitting around and I'm trying to
| come up with various craft ideas to do with the bottles. So far all I've
| come up with is making a wall out of the bottles, but that's it. Does
| anyone else have any ideas for what to do with old wine bottles???

my former brother-in-law was an avid gardner as well as an oenophile. in his
`victorian garden room' (don't ask me about the moniker), he `planted' his
bottles upside down and used them as a border. actually looked pretty cool,
i guess.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking
bobdrob

are you near the greater boston area? I'd feel duty-bound to help recycle
your heap! gotta pitch in...and fill up!

"Luther Bell" > wrote in message
> Hello, I have a lot of used wine bottles sitting around and I'm trying to
> come up with various craft ideas to do with the bottles. So far all I've
> come up with is making a wall out of the bottles, but that's it. Does
> anyone else have any ideas for what to do with old wine bottles???
> -Luther

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking
Pat

I cut the tops out of some years ago. Then they could be used for
glasses/vases.

Posted to alt.food.wine,rec.crafts.winemaking
Paul

gene wrote:
> Luther Bell wrote:
>
>> Hello, I have a lot of used wine bottles sitting around and I'm trying
>> to come up with various craft ideas to do with the bottles. So far
>> all I've come up with is making a wall out of the bottles, but that's
>> it. Does anyone else have any ideas for what to do with old wine
>> bottles???
>> -Luther
>>

> I've seen them heated on their side until they sag... then used a spoon
> holder kinda trivet.

There was a company at the Great British Beer Festival last summer
making all kinds of things out of flat bottles. The cheese boards made
from magnum bottles looked good. You could even supply your own bottle.

--
Paul