Steve Slatcher

Default The Licensing Act 2003 and small direct suppliers of wine in the UK

If you live in the UK, please consider supporting this group. I quote
from their website:

"The Association of Small Direct Wine-Merchants (ASDW) was formed, as
the name implies, by a group of British independent small wine
merchants directly selling to the general public via mail order and
the internet.

ASDW is concerned about the impact of The Licensing Act 2003 on its
members' fledgling businesses that seek to fill the gaps between
supermarket shelves and provide diversity and choice to the British
public."

http://asdw.org.uk/

--
Steve Slatcher
http://pobox.com/~steve.slatcher

Thanks Steve.

I would urge UK readers to write to their MPs to support ASDW's efforts
to get an exemption from the requirement for a premises licence.
http://licensingact.asdw.org.uk

We sell direct and there will be no binge drinking at our premises. Of
course we will all be covered by personal licenses so that takes care
of responsible selling.

Warren Edwardes
Association of Small Direct WineMerchants
http://asdw.org.uk
Wine for Spice Limited
http://wineforspice.com

Direct selling of wine? graham Wine 0 06-08-2010 12:44 AM
Direct High - Direct Medium + other questions Thomas Muffaletto Barbecue 1 05-07-2005 05:33 AM
Serious suppliers of wine making equipment in the UK Dr Paul Dowrick Winemaking 0 19-06-2004 11:33 PM
Serious suppliers of wine kit in the UK Dr Paul Dowrick Winemaking 0 19-06-2004 11:29 PM
Internet Wine Juice Suppliers Tim Winemaking 0 25-11-2003 02:48 AM