Dan The Man

Default TN's: Two freebies and a sale bargain

My co-worker bought me this one while visiting friends in San
Francisco:
2002 Fetzer Vineyards Valley Oaks Cabernet Sauvignon - inviting black
cherry nose, black cherry and vanilla on the palate, with the vanilla
taking over in the finish. Moderate tannins and mild acidity. This is
how I like CS - I've never developed a taste for the huge, tannic
monsters.

Here is a local (Lancaster County, PA) rose that I won at a bowling
league awards banquet as a door prize:
2003 Nissley Fantasy - a blend of native American and French/American
hybrid grapes (so it says on front label), fairly sweet and grapey with
an unexpected toasted-marshmallow nose. Fun and refreshing, though it
probably won't be featured in _Wine Advocate_ anytime soon. Their loss.

This one was on sale at the PA state sto
2003 Chateau Ste Michelle Gewurztraminer - off-dry with citrusy flavors
and nose, racy acidity and white pepper on the finish. A definite
bargain at $7.99 (sale, normally $8.99 US).

Dan-O

Off-topic PS - I am ending my French boycott effective as of my next
trip to the state store. Why? The History Channel recently showed a
documentary on the American Revolution which reminded me that France
had been instrumental in America's victory. This left me crimson-faced,
since I had already previously learned this in elementary school! With
that in mind, what are everyone's favorite "everyday" Bourdeauxs? I
used to buy one with the name Mauregard which is no longer available
here.

Mat

Dan The Man wrote:

> Off-topic PS - I am ending my French boycott effective as of my next
> trip to the state store. Why? The History Channel recently showed a
> documentary on the American Revolution which reminded me that France
> had been instrumental in America's victory. This left me crimson-faced,
> since I had already previously learned this in elementary school! With
> that in mind, what are everyone's favorite "everyday" Bourdeauxs? I
> used to buy one with the name Mauregard which is no longer available
> here.

Public notice: This is more of a broadcast rather than aimed at Dan or
anyone else for that matter.

O god. Do we have to go through this French bull crap again? That's a
thread [all be it in jest] and a PS in 2 days so far.

The French did nothing the Americans or any other country may not have
done in the same situation. I can give you reams on this if you like.
And making French producers suffer because of their governments actions
which you may not agree with is not helping anyone. And is somewhat
illogical. Try having them testing nuclear weopons in your backyard.
Hello America and Britain on that one too.

Lets not forget it is a fairly easy task to drive from the middle east
to France. Or Chechnya. Or Pakistan, Afghanistan etc. They don't have
the luxury of being bordered by two oceans. And you will note many of
the terror attacks on western nations are occuring in mainland Europe.

I disagree with American policy from time to time, but that does not
stop me drinking American wine when I get my hands on it. Or having
American friends. Punishing Dubya and friends by not drinking American
wine is illogical, when you consider ~50% of *US* voters voted against
him. And you will note 50%+ of Australians [and Britons, probably the
same in the Netherlands, Bulgaria, Japan, Phillipines etc etc etc]
disagreed with, and continue to disagree with the invasion of Iraq, and
its continuing occupation. Most nations take a lot of convincing to go
to war. No one likes to see their people coming home dead.

So now that I have said that, and will no doubt be chastised for it, and
speaking of France, I recently purchased a bottle of Chateau Fayau
Cadillac 2001 for dear old mother for mother's day. It comes highly
recommended. It is a 750ml bottle, so hopefully we can crack it open and
share it.

Mum and Dad being English are a bit Franco-phobic, particuarly when it
comes to food and wine.

So anyone have any info on this wine?

Rap Instrumentals For Sale: Making Bars and Rap Beats for Sale napier.nelda Recipes 0 04-02-2012 11:07 AM
Bargain day The Cook Preserving 8 18-10-2008 04:43 PM
Bargain Or Rip Off??? Sandra28 General Cooking 9 07-11-2006 04:00 AM
T- Day Is A Bargain... Gregory Morrow General Cooking 0 25-11-2004 02:33 PM