balleyhoo

Default How Much Wine

The post on "Everyday"house wine"", was very informative. My wife and I
consume at least one bottle per evening (36 cases per year) not including
entertaining. What would most of the other posters on this group consume,
and do they think we are being excessive or not.

jcoulter

"balleyhoo" > wrote in
:

> The post on "Everyday"house wine"", was very informative. My wife and
> I consume at least one bottle per evening (36 cases per year) not
> including entertaining. What would most of the other posters on this
> group consume, and do they think we are being excessive or not.

Who is to say. We try to stick to 4 bottles a week (but that way I getto
buy better wine!)

Dan The Man

balleyhoo wrote:
> The post on "Everyday"house wine"", was very informative. My wife

and I
> consume at least one bottle per evening (36 cases per year) not

including
> entertaining. What would most of the other posters on this group

consume,
> and do they think we are being excessive or not.

To each his own (you might be 7 feet tall for all I know :-))
As for me, its generally one glass after dinner. That's all.

Dan-O (doesn't drink & drive)

Larry

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:21:44 -0400, "balleyhoo" >
wrote:

>The post on "Everyday"house wine"", was very informative. My wife and I
>consume at least one bottle per evening (36 cases per year) not including
>entertaining. What would most of the other posters on this group consume,
>and do they think we are being excessive or not.

Two to three bottles/week (one is usually my home made). Unless it's
hot I don't drink beer or any other booze except martinis.

One person downing a bottle/day maybe a bit high but add a wife or
significant other then drink up. ;-}

All the best,

Larry

Martin Field

"balleyhoo" > wrote in message
> The post on "Everyday"house wine"", was very informative.
> My wife and I consume at least one bottle per evening (36
> cases per year) not including entertaining. What would
> most of the other posters on this group consume, and do
> they think we are being excessive or not.

The two of us drink about a bottle of wine between us every
night - I probably get more than my share. I know a few
couples who manage two bottles every day! I won't mention
the many wines I get to taste as a recipient of wine
companys' hospitality.
Martin
PS When driving I limit my intake to two ungenerous
lasses - the legal limit in Victoria is a BAC of .05.

Martin Field

"balleyhoo" > wrote in message
> The post on "Everyday"house wine"", was very informative.
> My wife and I consume at least one bottle per evening (36
> cases per year) not including entertaining. What would
> most of the other posters on this group consume, and do
> they think we are being excessive or not.

The two of us drink about a bottle of wine between us every
night - I probably get more than my share. I know a few
couples who manage two bottles every day! I won't mention
the many wines I get to taste as a recipient of wine
companys' hospitality.
Martin
PS When driving I limit my intake to two ungenerous
lasses - the legal limit in Victoria is a BAC of .05.

Kevin

On 2005-04-20, balleyhoo > wrote:
> The post on "Everyday"house wine"", was very informative. My wife and I
> consume at least one bottle per evening (36 cases per year) not including
> entertaining. What would most of the other posters on this group consume,
> and do they think we are being excessive or not.

Is that it? Excessive? Hardly. My girlfriend and I drink at least a bottle
per night, but probably three nights a week, it's two. It's always two
bottles if whatever we're cooking requires a cup or more of wine. In those
cases, we will usually polish off that first bottle while cooking, and then
drink something else with the dinner.

However, if we start out with cocktails, we'll usually stick with just one
bottle.

In vino veritas
Tom S

"balleyhoo" > wrote in message
> The post on "Everyday"house wine"", was very informative. My wife and I
> consume at least one bottle per evening (36 cases per year) not including
> entertaining. What would most of the other posters on this group consume,
> and do they think we are being excessive or not.

You are being moderate. Don't stress about it.

More or less is OK too; just don't go apeshit in either direction. 2x =
OK; 4x = a caution; 6x = heading for trouble.

If you decide to move more strongly toward consumption, please let me know
when and where these parties are going to be! ;^)

Tom S

D. Gerasimatos

I am going to break from most replies and say that 1 bottle/night is
a little bit excessive. I know, because for a long time my gf and I had
one bottle per night and sometimes two. Lately, we have been cutting back
to about half that (3-4 bottles per week) and I have to say that we both
feel a lot better. We're getting better sleep and overall just feel a lot
better. I think one bottle per night is just too much to be considered
'normal' and 'healthful'.

Dimitri

Thomas Curmudgeon

balleyhoo wrote:
> The post on "Everyday"house wine"", was very informative. My wife and I
> consume at least one bottle per evening (36 cases per year) not including
> entertaining. What would most of the other posters on this group consume,
> and do they think we are being excessive or not.

Now I understand your rude and dismissive post about glassware. Will you
be joining AA soon? Can we recognize you by your glowing red nose?
Chuck Reid

"Kevin" > wrote in message
> On 2005-04-20, balleyhoo > wrote:
> > The post on "Everyday"house wine"", was very informative. My wife and I
> > consume at least one bottle per evening (36 cases per year) not

including
> > entertaining. What would most of the other posters on this group

consume,
> > and do they think we are being excessive or not.

Well Kevin, since you asked.......

If you're asking about it, you must be at least somewhat concerned about it.

If you're concerned about it...........
--
Regards
Chuck

To reply, delete NOSPAM from return address

JEP62

Martin Field wrote:
>> PS When driving I limit my intake to two ungenerous

> lasses - the legal limit in Victoria is a BAC of .05.

But the generous lasses are much more fun when driving and one is
usually enough :-)

Andy

Anders Tørneskog

"JEP62" > skrev i melding
oups.com...

> Martin Field wrote:
>>> PS When driving I limit my intake to two ungenerous

>> lasses - the legal limit in Victoria is a BAC of .05.

> But the generous lasses are much more fun when driving and one is
> usually enough :-)

LOL!
I wouldn't object to two... but my wife probably would have an opinion
Anders

Seaberdeaber

Chuck, you're being too Polyannish. Whatever the subject, be it food,
wine, sex, the human species is always interested/curious how other
members of the species do things.

I hardly think an average of 2.5 glasses per night is something to be
concerned about. And Kevin, that's about my average as well. One bottle
of red every couple evenings, although I have drank a whole bottle of a
chilled white throughout an evening with no negative consequences.

Seaberdeaber
formerly known as Kirk O'Scotland

Thomas Curmudgeon

Thomas Curmudgeon wrote:

> balleyhoo wrote:
>
>> The post on "Everyday"house wine"", was very informative. My wife and
>> I consume at least one bottle per evening (36 cases per year) not
>> including entertaining. What would most of the other posters on this
>> group consume, and do they think we are being excessive or not.
>>

> Now I understand your rude and dismissive post about glassware. Will you
> be joining AA soon? Can we recognize you by your glowing red nose?

OH yeah, I drink two bottles a day.

lol, not really.

I probably drink a bottle of (usually LBV) Port each two weeks, and two
bottles of wine a week, if not three on occasion.

I was just razzing you about being an alcie.
balleyhoo

"Thomas Curmudgeon" > wrote in message
> Thomas Curmudgeon wrote:
>
>> balleyhoo wrote:
>>
>>> The post on "Everyday"house wine"", was very informative.

>> Now I understand your rude and dismissive post about glassware. Will you
>> be joining AA soon? Can we recognize you by your glowing red nose?

> OH yeah, I drink two bottles a day.
>
> lol, not really.
>
> I probably drink a bottle of (usually LBV) Port each two weeks, and two
> bottles of wine a week, if not three on occasion.
>
> I was just razzing you about being an alcie.

I knew that you were only funning me.

My remark about the glasses - I have a very wealthy friend who has the most
expensive wine glasses that you can buy - he also has the cheapest wine
glasses you can buy.
The same wines from either glass, tastes the same to me and everyone else,
who has done this "glass tasting"

In this world there are many people who think if it costs more, it is
automatically better.

regards

balleyhoo

"Thomas Curmudgeon" > wrote in message
> Thomas Curmudgeon wrote:
>
>> balleyhoo wrote:
>>
>>> The post on "Everyday"house wine"", was very informative.

>> Now I understand your rude and dismissive post about glassware. Will you
>> be joining AA soon? Can we recognize you by your glowing red nose?

> OH yeah, I drink two bottles a day.
>
> lol, not really.
>
> I probably drink a bottle of (usually LBV) Port each two weeks, and two
> bottles of wine a week, if not three on occasion.
>
> I was just razzing you about being an alcie.

I knew that you were only funning me.

My remark about the glasses - I have a very wealthy friend who has the most
expensive wine glasses that you can buy - he also has the cheapest wine
glasses you can buy.
The same wines from either glass, tastes the same to me and everyone else,
who has done this "glass tasting"

In this world there are many people who think if it costs more, it is
automatically better.

regards

ozwick

"Thomas Curmudgeon" > wrote in message

>> be joining AA soon? Can we recognize you by your glowing red nose?

> OH yeah, I drink two bottles a day.
>
> lol, not really.
>
> I probably drink a bottle of (usually LBV) Port each two weeks, and two
> bottles of wine a week, if not three on occasion.
>
> I was just razzing you about being an alcie.

To be fair the more expensive glasses felt better in the hand - the stems
were very thin - when you swirled the wine you could feel the stem flex from
the weight of liquid in the bowel. The glasses themselves (the cheap ones
and the expensive ones) were extremely close dimension wise.

I don't believe that the shape of the glass makes the wine "flow out and hit
the tongue in a special way" I believe that is BS, just marketing hype.
I also do not drink wine from a jelley glass, that I believe makes some kind
of difference.

regerds

Pete Fraser

"ozwick" <zwyckieo@loopnet .net> wrote in message

> To be fair the more expensive glasses felt better in the hand - the stems
> were very thin - when you swirled the wine you could feel the stem flex
> from the weight of liquid in the bowel.

Too much information!

Dick R.

Pete Fraser wrote:
> "ozwick" <zwyckieo@loopnet .net> wrote in message
>>To be fair the more expensive glasses felt better in the hand - the stems
>>were very thin - when you swirled the wine you could feel the stem flex
>>from the weight of liquid in the bowel.

> Too much information!

Hey Pete,
You caught it, I should have because I made the same "spelling" mistake
some years ago in another NG. That one word completely changes the
meaning of the whole message, and makes one's thoughts turn to
something I can't imagine, and certainly won't discuss in polite company.

Apologies to ozwick, we couldn't help it. :-)

Dick R.