Midlife

Default Needs recs for Philo/Boonville area of Mendocino County, CA

My cousin and his wife will be traveling through the Alexander Valley of
California a few weeks from now and want to visit some wineries in the
Philo/Boonville area.

They are not all that 'into' wine, but have recently begun to visit wineries
in their native Washington State. They say they like Pinot and Syrah mostly,
and buy most of their wine at local supermarkets (in the $10 - $15 range is
my guess).

One of my favorites in that area is Lazy Creek, and I have positive
recollections of Fife, Husch, some Navarro wines, and Roederer (for
sparkling). Can anyone recommend others that will enrich their experience
but not break their bank??

Thanks.

Mark Lipton

Midlife wrote:
> My cousin and his wife will be traveling through the Alexander Valley of
> California a few weeks from now and want to visit some wineries in the
> Philo/Boonville area.

I think that you mean the Anderson Valley, but regardless I get the idea.

> One of my favorites in that area is Lazy Creek, and I have positive
> recollections of Fife, Husch, some Navarro wines, and Roederer (for
> sparkling). Can anyone recommend others that will enrich their experience
> but not break their bank??

Fife's Mendo operation is in Redwood Valley (on the other side of
Ukiah), not the Anderson Valley, but well worth the visit. Outside of
Philo, there is Greenwood Ridge, who make good Zin and Pinot.
Otherwise, I agree with your list. If they're not too into wine, you
probably shouldn't give them too many names to visit. My priorities
would be:

Lazy Creek
Navarro
Roederer
Greenwood Ridge
Husch

Mark Lipton
D. Gerasimatos

In article >,
Mark Lipton > wrote:

>Lazy Creek
>Navarro
>Roederer
>Greenwood Ridge
>Husch

I also like:

Goldeneye
Yorkville Cellars

Dimitri

JonK

Brush up your Boontling.

JonK

Boonville is famous among linguists as the American town that invented
its own language.

Do a google on "Boontling" and you'll find some fun reading.

Jon

Letter to my county councilman and county executive Vegan Earthworm Holocaust General Cooking 0 06-06-2013 04:55 PM
cheverny recs? Emery Davis Wine 2 24-02-2007 03:11 PM
Mendocino BC TechMyst Beer 2 25-12-2006 03:51 AM
[FAQ] 3b. Mendocino travel advice Mark Lipton Wine 4 03-10-2006 03:57 AM
Spanish ingredients source in LA/Orange County area? Jag Man General Cooking 8 09-01-2004 08:40 PM