Default my wine

everytihing I make turns to vinigar. I use 1 step, keep everything
clean?? any help???

st.helier

Try posting to rec.crafts.winemaking - they should be of more assistance.

st.h

Ian Hoare

Salut/Hi st.helier,

le/on Sun, 2 Jan 2005 19:20:24 +1300, tu disais/you said:-

>Try posting to rec.crafts.winemaking - they should be of more assistance.

Well goodness gracious me! Such admirable restraint. Have you made a New
year's resolution to flame here less?

If you keep it up, I might have to mend MY ways in turn.

BTW, my niece and nephew in law are currently visiting your fair islands,
but when I suggested they get in touch with you, they blenched visibly. Thry
preferred to stay 3 days near Rotorua (sp). Bizarre. Apparently they intend
to do things like climb and take hot mud baths. I suggested that a bottle of
Esk Valley Terraces might have been something they could bring back, but
they seemed unimpressed. Sigh... the younger generation.

IO have to admit that all MY wine, once opened and if not drunk within 24
hours, ends up as vinegar too, but in my case it's deliberate. (I'm not
counting sweet wines, which don't make good vinegar).
--
All the Best
Ian Hoare
st.helier

"Ian Hoare" wrote in message

> Well goodness gracious me! Such admirable restraint.
> Have you made a New year's resolution to flame here less?
>
> If you keep it up, I might have to mend MY ways in turn.

Nope - as usual, I made a News Year's revolution!!!

As to restraint, nah!

The OP on this was simply in desperate need of a drink. (I know the feeling
well)

The other "gentleman" seeking riches from his single bottle totally rooted
1952 Bordeaux, fell into the broad category of "f***wit" (in my absolutely
arrogant opinion, of course!!!) - who caught me at an unfartunate moment.

So, please don't reform Ian, the world in general (and a.f.w. in particular)
needs people who are not too scared to call a spade a shovel)

Again, best wishes for 2005 to your goodself and that oh-so charming woman
of yours.

--

Lord St.Helier (The street-fighter!)

Michael Pronay

Ian Hoare > wrote:

> (I'm not counting sweet wines, which don't make good vinegar)

What?! Ian, if you ever come to Vienna, I'll let you taste a balsamic
vinegar made from a muscat trockenbeerenauslese by Erwin Gegenbauer.
Blows away the *tradizionale*!

Take a look: <www.gegenbauer.at> - there is even choice for English.

M.