Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: POtel SLB, Brun bubbly

Drove back from Mohonk, few hours at work, then home to host some old friends for dinner (one was visiting from NC). It was Cinco de Mayo, so Betsy made menu in Spanish, and we started with guacamole and chips, then had gallina al vino (ok, ok, it was coq au vin), egg noodles, broccoli, etc. (I had made the coq au vin Sunday)

As always, the NV Bremont Cuvee Prestige was excellent B+

Brun FRV100
Fun, fruity, frothy. Yeah, its a soda pop of a wine, but its a good soda pop. B

2005 Potel Savigny les Beaune Vieilles Vignes
Cranberry and strawberry, tart, no oxidation or signs of age but this is just not that charming. B-/C+

Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C
drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

[TN] '05 Brun Fleurie Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 2 13-08-2012 11:26 PM
TN: JP Brun Morgon DaleW Wine 2 20-10-2008 05:37 PM
TN: In which I don't pay attention ('01 Potel Chambolle) DaleW Wine 0 11-12-2006 10:10 PM
TN: Pommard, Pruliers, Potel and plenty of pork! DaleW Wine 0 08-08-2006 03:06 PM
TN: Ouest by North-Ouest (Potel, Fournier, Babcock sticky) Dale Williams Wine 0 01-04-2004 03:29 PM